Your forum username:
Do you already have an account?
Forgot your password?

Welcome to Sky User - The Unofficial Support Forum for everything Sky! - Proudly helping over 63k members.

Advertisement

Page 10 of 10 FirstFirst ... 8910

Operation Save Energy

This is a discussion on Operation Save Energy within the Sky news and announcements forums, part of the SkyUser Announcements category; I had a 2nd one arrive today, it is a Minim one courtesy of British Gas. As my 1st floor ...

mattylad is offline Sky User Member
      Exchange: LCROSS
      Broadband ISP: Max
      Router: Sky Hub SR101
      Sky TV: Sky+HD box
      Thanks

Re: Operation Save Energy

I had a 2nd one arrive today, it is a Minim one courtesy of British Gas.

As my 1st floor is on an independant final ring with its own fusebox & RCD I can add it to this one so that it only sees my youngest child (and biggest power user) and an alarm clock.
      So I'll give him the monitor so he can see what he's using & how much its costing.

Not that he will care.

However, with them both sat next to each other, on the same cable to the consumer unit (and yes - it is the right one) they give different displays.
      The CC128 says we are using 641 watts.
      The Minim says we are using .97 Kw (970 watts).

2. Advertisement
      Faust is offline Banned
      Exchange:
      Broadband ISP: Connect
      Router: Netgear V2 DG934G
      Sky TV: Sky Basic
      Thanks

Re: Operation Save Energy

At the end of the day the only one that really carries any weight is the actual electricity meter as that's the one that you're being charged on. Would all these gadgets that monitor usage help me reduce may power usage - not by one watt they wouldn't. Electricity is expensive so I only use what I need to use. The items that are on standby are on it for a reason and anyway unless you unplug items completely they are still using power even when they are switched off as the DC transformer is still active. The difference between my TV being off or in standby is only 0.3 watts that's hardly likely to melt the ice cap. I always use Vista sleep as it uses minimal power and saves me time and energy by not going through the boot up procedure each time I use it. The government don't need to distribute usage meters as they are rationing by pricing and it is only going to get worse.

P.S. we our dishwasher is called Faustus - funny that, same name as me???? Seriously, dishwashers gobble energy, keep fit and do your own, what on earth are you all saving yourselves for?
      Last edited by Faust; 31-08-09 at 04:33 PM.

Page 10 of 10 FirstFirst ... 8910