Your forum username:
Do you already have an account?
Forgot your password?

Welcome to Sky User - The Unofficial Support Forum for everything Sky! - Proudly helping over 63k members.

Advertisement

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Sky+HD passes 1 million homes after record growth

This is a discussion on Sky+HD passes 1 million homes after record growth within the Sky news and announcements forums, part of the SkyUser Announcements category; I wish they'd get their **** in gear and install my HD, otherwise the figure tomorrow will be 999,999!! I've ...

candlestickchimney is offline Sky User Member
      Exchange:
      Broadband ISP: Sky Fibre Unlimited
      Router: Sagem F@ST 2504n
      Sky TV: Sky+ HD
      Thanks

Re: Sky+HD passes 1 million homes after record growth

I wish they'd get their **** in gear and install my HD, otherwise the figure tomorrow will be 999,999!! I've been showing a 3 month wait time for 6 weeks now!!??

2. Advertisement
      dms05 is offline Sky User Beta tester
      Exchange: 0151
      Broadband ISP: Other ISP
      Router: Non Sky Router
      Sky TV: Other
      Thanks

If Freesat can sell an HD PVR through John Lewis et al for about 250 then they have to be costing under 150 to make (to start with the 250 selling price includes over 30 of VAT and on top of this is the duty to import into the EU). So I'd put the Sky+ HD a little below 140.

In any case good luck to Sky, they have yet again led the development of digital TV.

Good job we aren't still waiting for the BBC (or god forbid ITV) to make a decision and do something. They have both been playing catchup on Sky for over a decade.

Lets all understand that digital TV in the UK is where it is today because Sky drove the development from the start. At least the BBC is making slow ponderous progress but has anyone told ITV that they are no longer in the analogue age?

GSMGuy is offline Sky User Member
      Exchange: Marshalls Cross
      Broadband ISP: Sky Max
      Router: Sagem F@ST 2504n
      Sky TV: HD+ Multiroom
      Thanks

Yup, regardless of what we all think - It has to be said that Sky have the best product available at the moment, to the widest audience at a "reasonable" price... Hopefully when they reach 2 million HD subs they will drop the 9.75 per month charge as they have with Sky+
      Mind you on 2 million subs, 234,000,000 per year is a lot to "drop"

WOW, 234 MILLION!!! Jeez!

Mike

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12