Your forum username:
Do you already have an account?
Forgot your password?

Welcome to Sky User - The Unofficial Support Forum for everything Sky! - Proudly helping over 63k members.

Advertisement

The new Sky+HD Guide and a new HD channel

This is a discussion on The new Sky+HD Guide and a new HD channel within the Sky news and announcements forums, part of the SkyUser Announcements category; Sky+HD Guide Thank you for all your feedback in response to the roll-out of the new Sky+HD Guide - were ...

Sky HD Team is offline Sky+HD Team
      Exchange:
      Broadband ISP: Base
      Router: Netgear V1 DG834GT
      Sky TV: Sky Basic
      Thanks

The new Sky+HD Guide and a new HD channel

Sky+HD Guide
      Thank you for all your feedback in response to the roll-out of the new Sky+HD Guide - were pleased to hear that those of you who have received the Guide are enjoying the new functionality.

All Sky+HD customers will receive the Sky+HD Guide. However, to ensure the roll-out is as smooth as possible we will continue to do this in managed stages. Following the initial roll-out we will prioritise our most long standing HD customers.

Just before you are due to receive the new Guide you will be sent an information pack through the post. In the meantime, if you have any other questions or would like to find out more about the Guide, please visit www.sky.com/hdguide for all the latest information, including FAQs covering topics such as single feed mode settings.

Sky+HD welcomes its 33rd channel

Were adding yet another great channel to the Sky+HD platform: Nat Geo Wild HD launches next Wednesday 1st April and will be available on Sky Channel 544.

Nat Geo Wild HD bring you even more wildlife programming in stunning HD quality. The new member to the Sky+HD stable brings our total number of HD channels to 33.

Never miss your favourite programmes

Also, dont forget our new reminder service Never Miss is now live. Never Miss helps you find and watch even more of the TV you love by emailing you a reminder of when its on. To find out more and sign up for the service, visit www.sky.com/nevermiss

Thanks and happy viewing

Sky+HD Team

2. Advertisement
      Kenedin is offline Sky User Member
      Exchange: 0131
      Broadband ISP: Sky Broadband Unlimited
      Router: Sagem F@ST 2504
      Sky TV: Sky+HD Thomson
      Thanks

Re: The new Sky+HD Guide and a new HD channel

Nat Geo Wild. Excellent. So much good stuff there as it is. Well done. A very useful addition indeed.
      Panasonic TX-P50G10B, Onkyo HTS 3305, Sky+HD Thomson 4E3007 (with upgraded PSU & WD5000AVDS HDD),

aff
      aff is offline Sky User Member
      Exchange: Eastbourne
      Broadband ISP: max
      Router:
      Sky TV:
      Thanks

I have the updated guide, but they have put it on the H.D. box which is not connected to the H.D. channels.
      The H.D. box Which is connected to H.D. still has the old guide on.
      Yes I know if it can go wrong, Sky will make it happen.

NewsreadeR is offline Site Founder
      Exchange: Marshalls Cross
      Router: Sagem F@ST 2504n
      Sky TV: Sky+HD box
      Thanks
      Blog Entries

Quote Originally Posted by aff View Post
      I have the updated guide, but they have put it on the H.D. box which is not connected to the H.D. channels.
      The H.D. box Which is connected to H.D. still has the old guide on.
      Yes I know if it can go wrong, Sky will make it happen.
      Have you got two different makes?

Are they both the same batch number, if the same manufacturer?

Did you get them both at the same time?

~ Never, ever, argue with an idiot. They'll drag you down to their level and beat you with experience ~

Follow us on Twitter @skyuser

steve16751 is offline Sky User Member
      Exchange: newas
      Router: Netgear V2 DG934G
      Sky TV: Sky+ HD
      Thanks

Has anyone seen the Guide Demo on anytime this time it is on till 28/04/09

aff
      aff is offline Sky User Member
      Exchange: Eastbourne
      Broadband ISP: max
      Router:
      Sky TV:
      Thanks

The first HD box I had was in 2007, which cost 200. and also a basic box, for muti room
      The second one was installed in October 2008 at a cost of 75 and 30 fitting. To replace the basic box in muti room.
      The boxes are made by 2007 Thomson. 2008 samsung.
      I have had problems with Sky when I wanted to cancel the HD on the 2007 box. ( I could'nt cancel the 2008 as there is a 12 month contract on that one). They canceled the 2008, I then had to get on the phone to them, and Tried to explaine they have cancel the wrong box, I know with hindsight, I should have swapped the boxes, I got on the phone and It took over an hour for them to swap it over as they could not understand that they had got it wrong, but after a hour, they did it.
      Two weeks later they swapped it back again, I don't know why, but they did, so another hour on the phone, and it was back to normal again.
      But this time I will NOT bother to get in contact with them, Iam just going to leave it alone.
      Last edited by aff; 25-04-09 at 08:48 AM. Reason: Missed out a bit.