Your forum username:
Do you already have an account?
Forgot your password?

Welcome to Sky User - The Unofficial Support Forum for everything Sky! - Proudly helping over 63k members.

Advertisement

Sky Movies Launch New Website

This is a discussion on Sky Movies Launch New Website within the Sky news and announcements forums, part of the SkyUser Announcements category; Sky User - Sky Movies Launch New Website Three years in the planning; now Sky Movies finally launch their brand ...

NewsreadeR is offline Site Founder
      Exchange: Marshalls Cross
      Broadband ISP: Sky Broadband Unlimited
      Router: Sagem F@ST 2504n
      Sky TV: Sky+HD box
      Thanks
      Blog Entries

Sky Movies Launch New Website

Sky User - Sky Movies Launch New Website

Three years in the planning; now Sky Movies finally launch their brand new website.

With well over 42,000 individual pages, you can quite clearly see that the Sky Movies Team have well and truly thought this one through.

It is quite clear to me, that the staff at Sky Movies, are very passionate for their love of all things to do with Movies. The new website looks more like an individual's work rather than a corporate one.

Mike Taylor – Sky Movies’ Head of Networked Media – said:

“It’s almost 3 years to the day since I was told to go out and build Sky’s flagship movie site. And to deliver on that original vision, the company’s had to create a complete new web platform (that also powers the Showbiz, TV and Sky1 sites).

“But this is the start line, not the finish. We’re only just beginning to see what the platform is capable of and in the coming weeks we will be rolling out more content, more features and – if you’re a Sky Movies customer – some very cool tools that mean you’ll never, ever miss a movie. But there really is something here for everyone who loves movies.

“The designers, developers and editors who have worked together to produce this site are amazing. For months they just delivered on time and above expectations again and again and again. Anyone in my position is fantastically lucky to work with such an incredibly talented team”

Click here to take a look at the new Sky Movies Website

The planner is there too…

Sky Movies Planner

And Sky Movies have big plans for it. This is only the first cut and there are a lot more toys to roll out.

The Movies team would be really grateful for any feedback, good and bad, and allegedly SkyUser members are never shy in giving their opinions…

Feel free to send the Movies Team some feedback: moviesfeedback at bskyb.com

~ Never, ever, argue with an idiot. They'll drag you down to their level and beat you with experience ~

Follow us on Twitter @skyuser

2. Advertisement
      Undecided Adrian is offline Sky User Member
      Exchange: Stevenage
      Broadband ISP: BT
      Router: Non Sky Router
      Sky TV: Sky+ HD
      Thanks

Re: Sky Movies Launch New Website

The planner when you push the red button on a movie channel is great, I can now browse what films are actually on and at what times and listed by time.

Only wish I could tag a film onto the planner from it.

Good job I got the 1TB drive as I am filling it fast with films.
      I'm a PC, and Windows 7 Backup saved my sanity when BitDefender imploded !!!