Your forum username:
Do you already have an account?
Forgot your password?

Welcome to Sky User - The Unofficial Support Forum for everything Sky! - Proudly helping over 63k members.

Advertisement

Page 3 of 8 FirstFirst 12345 ... LastLast

Sky+ HD Guide

This is a discussion on Sky+ HD Guide within the Sky news and announcements forums, part of the SkyUser Announcements category; Hi there i am a new user to this forum but one or 2 of you may know me from ...

jedi matt is offline Sky User Member
      Exchange: Sky Talk
      Broadband ISP: Sky Broadband Unlimited
      Router: Netgear V1 DG834GT
      Sky TV: Sky+ HD
      Thanks

Re: Sky+ HD Guide

Hi there i am a new user to this forum but one or 2 of you may know me from using the digispy forum just thought does anyone know what the next number boxes to recieve the EPG will be as i have a Thomsons 4E3006 and have been with HD since the start.

2. Advertisement
      BrianM is offline Sky User Member
      Exchange: Abingdon
      Broadband ISP: Other ISP
      Thanks

Quote Originally Posted by jedi matt View Post
      Hi there i am a new user to this forum but one or 2 of you may know me from using the digispy forum just thought does anyone know what the next number boxes to recieve the EPG will be as i have a Thomsons 4E3006 and have been with HD since the start.
      Only the latest (4E3013?) STBs have the new EPG so far. The oldest (4E3004) have been promised it next (but no-one seems sure exactly when!) - followed by the rest of the Thomson models (possibly pretty rapidly if the extremes are working well!)

Casperuk is offline Sky User Member
      Exchange: Stepney Green (CLSTE)
      Router: Sky Hub SR101
      Sky TV: Sky+HD box
      Thanks

i have a 4E3011 so if it is working it's way backwards i should have it soon *hopes*

also what is the version number of the firmware i currently have 5.10.k.HD

Kevin Verdon is offline Sky User Member
      Exchange:
      Broadband ISP: Mid
      Sky TV:
      Thanks

Angry Re: Sky+ HD Guide

So why do loyal customers get ripped-off again with a 30 HD installation charge. When those new to sky get it free. Perhaps Sky should spend more effort trying to keep existing customers. Swapping the connectors over from your old box is not a great technical feat, as is adding another 2 to the dish. Perhaps its worth investing in a Freesat box.

fishouttawater is offline Sky User Member
      Exchange:
      Broadband ISP: Sky Max
      Router: Netgear V2 DG934G
      Thanks

I'm new here from the US. Just had Sky HD installed last week. I had no idea how spoiled we Americans are with HDtv. I had over 100 HD channels with DirecTV. (actual different channels, not +1 and deja vu's...who needs those with a DVR?) My next horror was seeing how 1980's ascii text based, low res, with no small tv view the guide was. I'm delighted to see Sky is fixing the guide, but am amazed that there is no way for users to register for quicker upgrades. Tivo allows you to sign up for major upgrades online to get priority, DirecTV allows you to wait until a set time late on Fridays and force a firmware update to get the latest betas. I also don't understand the prioritization. I'm a brand new customer with a brand new samsung box. They should be deploying new boxes with the latest improvements, first to retain new customers who could cancel based on their initial experience and also to keep from having to roll out the update and training material later.

One last gripe. Is there really not a Previous or Back button that lets you switch back and forth between two channels? The Backup button doesn't seem to do this.

garyhopkin is offline Sky User Member
      Exchange:
      Broadband ISP: Max
      Thanks

Quote Originally Posted by fishouttawater View Post
      I'm new here from the US. Just had Sky HD installed last week. I had no idea how spoiled we Americans are with HDtv. I had over 100 HD channels with DirecTV. (actual different channels, not +1 and deja vu's...who needs those with a DVR?) My next horror was seeing how 1980's ascii text based, low res, with no small tv view the guide was. I'm delighted to see Sky is fixing the guide, but am amazed that there is no way for users to register for quicker upgrades. Tivo allows you to sign up for major upgrades online to get priority, DirecTV allows you to wait until a set time late on Fridays and force a firmware update to get the latest betas. I also don't understand the prioritization. I'm a brand new customer with a brand new samsung box. They should be deploying new boxes with the latest improvements, first to retain new customers who could cancel based on their initial experience and also to keep from having to roll out the update and training material later.

One last gripe. Is there really not a Previous or Back button that lets you switch back and forth between two channels? The Backup button doesn't seem to do this.
      Welcome to sky,get what your given,pay your dues and be thankful for what you get....that seems to be skys business model to me

fishouttawater is offline Sky User Member
      Exchange:
      Broadband ISP: Sky Max
      Thanks

Unfortunately, without any competition I can't say I blame them. In the U.S. (last time I'll say that, promise) everyone has the choice of cable or two different satellite providers (direcTV and Dish). So they are always fighting to have the best dvr, features, number of HD channels, etc.

KissMyFace is offline Sky User Member
      Exchange: Ryhope-Sunderland
      Router: Sagemcom F@ST 2304n
      Thanks

Quote Originally Posted by fishouttawater View Post
      Unfortunately, without any competition I can't say I blame them. In the U.S. (last time I'll say that, promise) everyone has the choice of cable or two different satellite providers (direcTV and Dish). So they are always fighting to have the best dvr, features, number of HD channels, etc.
      Sort of the Equivilent to Sky and Virgin in the UK I suppose. We can only dream of 100+ HD Channels

The-Novice is offline Sky User Member
      Exchange:
      Thanks

Quote Originally Posted by BrianM View Post
      Only the latest (4E3013?) STBs have the new EPG so far. The oldest (4E3004) have been promised it next (but no-one seems sure exactly when!) - followed by the rest of the Thomson models (possibly pretty rapidly if the extremes are working well!)
      Wahoo I have the 4E3004 model so hope it wont be too long

garyhopkin is offline Sky User Member
      Exchange:
      Thanks

Quote Originally Posted by KissMyFace View Post
      Sort of the Equivilent to Sky and Virgin in the UK I suppose. We can only dream of 100+ HD Channels
      Being in south wales valleys i think virgin is a long way off for me,its maddening they pioneering something in pontypridd though broadband wise (cant remember exactly what but its quick) and im only 10 miles from there and stuck at 2mb!

Page 3 of 8 FirstFirst 12345 ... LastLast

LinkBacks (?)