Your forum username:
Do you already have an account?
Forgot your password?

Welcome to Sky User - The Unofficial Support Forum for everything Sky! - Proudly helping over 63k members.

Advertisement

Page 4 of 5 FirstFirst ... 2345 LastLast

Sky Email Broken Again

This is a discussion on Sky Email Broken Again within the Sky news and announcements forums, part of the SkyUser Announcements category; Originally Posted by NewsreadeR Update: 27/02/09 00:25 Members are now reporting that this issue has been resolved. Over the last ...

jshah is offline Sky User Member
      Exchange:
      Broadband ISP: Sky Base
      Router: Netgear V1 DG834GT
      Sky TV: Sky Basic
      Thanks

Re: Sky Email Broken Again

Quote Originally Posted by NewsreadeR View Post
      Update: 27/02/09 00:25

Members are now reporting that this issue has been resolved.

Over the last 24 hours or so, Sky customers have had an issue with retrieving their email

We have seen a marked increase in visitors over the last 24 hours or so with issues being reported of people been unable to use POP3 for their Sky Email accounts. Sky advises that customers use their webmail for now.

Just like the previous issues a couple of weeks ago, it would appear that our temporary fix is helping those with difficulties.

Again we have put together a few tips to help you get back up and running, until this issue is sorted out.

If you are using an Email Client, ie Outlook, Outlook Express, etc Try the following:

Use Google's domain instead of Sky's and it should then work for you.

eg. in your email client, change pop.tools.sky.com to pop.googlemail.com

This is not an official fix, just one that seems to work. Please remember to revert back to your original settings once normal Sky Email service is resumed.

Sky's website contains the following statement:

Some customers are reporting problems with their desktop software when collecting their email by POP3. Engineers are investigating the situation. Meanwhile affected customers can access their Sky Email via webmail by signing in at Sky.com - Home We apologise for the inconvenience.

Sky.com - Home

If you need any further help or advice, feel free to post in our forums.
      Hi Sky Newsreader,

I have tried several different iteration of trying googlemail and sky mail pop and SMTP server but to no avail.

I can now (i.e. on Monday, 2nd March) receive my incoming mail from sky pop server using MS Outlook 2007.

However cannot send mail from MS outlook. I have been using sky email/MS outlook 2007 combination for at least 4 months without any problems and hence the MS outlook configure is a to a proven quantity.

Can Sky please clearly state what they know are out-standing email retailed problems, work rounds for each where possible and estimated fix date for each issue.

Sky is stating," in your email client, change pop.tools.sky.com to pop.googlemail.com2 does NOT resolve the sending email problem.

Can Sky please supply a step by step configuration change to outlook account configuration for temporary work-round using Google's domain.

Note for heavy user of email, like me, it important that recipients of my emails do see my email address as unchanged (i.e. as it is before the recent series of sky email problems).

Can we/users be assured that Sky, is treating the email problems urgently?

Frustrated Sky email user

2. Advertisement
      Godzilla is offline Sky User Member
      Exchange: Basingstoke (THBZ)
      Broadband ISP: O2 Standard
      Sky TV: Humax FreesatHD
      Thanks

Hi jshah

This is not really a response to your post, as I would not dream of answering for anybody else. However, it seems from your post that you think NewsreadeR is a SKY representative. This is not the case - nor is this an official SKY forum. NewreadeR and the other active members of this site do a fantastic job of providing advice, information and support to SKY users. If you have issues with SKY, I suggest you contact them directly.

Best wishes and welcome to the forum, which will I have no doubt provide you with a lot of useful stuff.

Cheers

Godzilla

Isitme is offline Sky User Moderator
      Exchange: Bannockburn
      Broadband ISP: Sky Broadband Unlimited
      Router: Sky Hub SR102
      Sky TV: Sky+ HD
      Thanks
      Thanked 1,621 Times in 1,583 Posts

As stated above this is
      Welcome to Sky User - The unofficial support forum for everything Sky!
      You can contact Sky officially by using the KANA form, which you will find here-
      https://mysky.sky.com/portal/site/sk...contactus/kana

TomD

Please note the views and recommendations in my posts are my own and in no way reflect the views of SkyUser.

Useful Utilites

Inssider 2/ TCPOptimiser /Test Socket

Note - When downloading always select the Custom install or you will end up with stuff you don't want.

IanKerr is offline Sky User Member
      Exchange: 01253
      Broadband ISP: Sky Max
      Router: Sagem F@ST 2504
      Thanks

Thanks to all who have replied above, yes I have checked everything countless times and am absolutely sure that all the settings are correct but still neither Outlook nor Outlook Express will allow me to send mail. Both of them seem to think my sky e-mail address does not exist, although oddly I can receive e-mails on my Sky account, how does that work?
      I tried using Sky's e-mail yesterday and it is cumbersome in comparison to Outlook Express and still will not accept that Lancashire is spelled correctly.

Thanks for the link Isitme I have sent the details to Sky to see what they come up with.

jshah is offline Sky User Member
      Exchange:
      Broadband ISP: Sky Base
      Thanks

Thank you godzilla for clarifing the sky news reader poetion.

Has anybody got a solotion to the problems where by outllok can no longer send email to the sky smpt server?

Isitme is offline Sky User Moderator
      Exchange: Bannockburn
      Router: Sky Hub SR102
      Thanks
      Thanked 1,621 Times in 1,583 Posts

in your email client, change pop.tools.sky.com to pop.googlemail.com2 does NOT resolve the sending email problem.
      This is the setting for the Incoming server, you also have to change the Outgoing server to smtp.googlemail.com. (there is no '2' in either server address)
      Make sure that in 'More Settings' Advanced tab, the Incoming port is set to 995 and the Outgoing to 465, ticking both SSL boxes.

TomD

Please note the views and recommendations in my posts are my own and in no way reflect the views of SkyUser.

Useful Utilites

Inssider 2/ TCPOptimiser /Test Socket

Note - When downloading always select the Custom install or you will end up with stuff you don't want.

Jax
      Jax is offline Sky User Member
      Exchange:
      Broadband ISP: Sky Connect
      Thanks

I took a suggestion to try Thunderbird and it works! Still doesn't work on Outlook but at least I can send & receive now

Thanks

I have given up on Outlook for now and am now trying to use the Sky website and I find I can not send e-mails from that either, presumably a different issue and one that may be not solely my problem.
      As I am currently unemployed and trying to send out job applications this is a real pain in the proverbial and is driving me bananas as the e-mail links I click on open up in Outlook Express which will not allow me to send e-mail.
      I really wish I had stayed with Orange until I had found a new job.

Update - I went out for 2hrs to clear my head. When I came back I restarted my system and can now send e-mails from Sky.....let's hope it stays connected. Still no answer from Sky re the sending mail by Outlook Express issue.
      Last edited by IanKerr; 04-03-09 at 12:01 PM.

mindwipe is offline Sky User Member
      Exchange: seacroft,Leeds
      Router: Netgear V2 DG934G
      Sky TV: Samsung Freesat
      Thanks

mine hasnt worked since last week
      and still doesnt work now
      are sky actually doing anything to fix this ?

Thanks

I have finally sorted my problem out - I knew that all the details entered were correct and was getting annoyed at being advised to double check everything so it was time to go back to basics.
      I tried every single combination I could think of and what worked in the end was on the Outlook Express internet accounts setup page under SERVERS I had not ticked my server requires authentication. If you tick that and click on settings it takes you to another page and if you press APPLY - bingo!
      Finally I can now use Outlook Express and have access to a proper spell checker.
      I hope this information is of use to other people.

Page 4 of 5 FirstFirst ... 2345 LastLast