Your forum username:
Do you already have an account?
Forgot your password?

Welcome to Sky User - The Unofficial Support Forum for everything Sky! - Proudly helping over 63k members.

Advertisement

More HD for Christmas

This is a discussion on More HD for Christmas within the Sky news and announcements forums, part of the SkyUser Announcements category; We’ve got something for everyone in our Sky+HD Christmas stocking this year. But just to be sure we’re added another ...

Sky HD Team is offline Sky+HD Team
      Exchange:
      Broadband ISP: Base
      Router: Netgear V1 DG834GT
      Sky TV: Sky Basic
      Thanks

More HD for Christmas

We’ve got something for everyone in our Sky+HD Christmas stocking this year. But just to be sure we’re added another channel to your line up for Christmas.

This week sees the launch of Disney Cinemagic HD to the Sky+HD platform showcasing the latest Disney animated features in high-definition glory. Get the fire on and mince pies out for a wonderful Christmas line-up including the British television premieres of Disney/Pixar’s award-winning Ratatouille and Tinker Bell.

This brings the total number of channels on the Sky+HD platform to 29 and there are no plans to stop here. We’ll keep you posted as and when we welcome more additions to the Sky+HD family.

New Sky+HD Guide
      As some of you know, we’ve been busy evolving the Sky Guide for Sky+HD customers, building on the intuitive, easy-to-use version that we all see on our screens today.

Feedback from recent trials has given us some great new ideas for some other useful features that will make finding and recording programmes even easier. Because we want to make sure we give you the very best product we can, we’ve decided to build these new features into the Sky Guide before we launch it. We’re as excited as you are about introducing the new Sky+HD Guide to you and we really think you’ll agree that the new functionality will be worth the wait. We will keep you updated on progress.

Sound improvements
      Some of you have commented on altering sound levels when switching between standard and high definition channels. We’ve investigated this and have rolled out a software update this week to align sound levels.

In our last post we also let you know that we had identified a way in which to improve lip sync for the remaining HD customers still experiencing this issue. We have worked around the clock to get this to you as soon as possible and can confirm that we have rolled this out today to minimise any remaining lip synch errors.

As always thanks for your encouragement and feedback. We’ll be back soon.

Thanks
      Sky+ HD Team

2. Advertisement
      Godzilla is offline Sky User Member
      Exchange: Basingstoke (THBZ)
      Broadband ISP: O2 Standard
      Router: Netgear V1 DG834GT
      Sky TV: Humax FreesatHD
      Thanks

Re: More HD for Christmas

Fixing the sound and lipsync issues is good news. Could you please let us know which version of the software includes these fixes.

Thanks

Brian69 is offline Sky User Member
      Exchange: Kings Lynn
      Broadband ISP: Sky Unlimited
      Router: Non Sky Router
      Sky TV: Sky+ HD
      Thanks

If you have a Thomson box 607120X fixes the sound level differance between HD and SD. I have never had problems with lip-sync so I dont know if this fixes that

psu300 is offline Sky User Member
      Exchange: Ealow
      Broadband ISP: Max
      Router: Sagem F@ST 2504
      Sky TV: Sky+ HD
      Thanks

Quote Originally Posted by Brian69 View Post
      If you have a Thomson box 607120X fixes the sound level differance between HD and SD. I have never had problems with lip-sync so I dont know if this fixes that
      Same for me, i have a Thomson box, although i only have the Free Hd Channels.

skypaulusplus Guest
      Exchange:
      Broadband ISP:
      Router:
      Sky TV:

is the pace s/w update 1.612