Your forum username:
Do you already have an account?
Forgot your password?

Welcome to Sky User - The Unofficial Support Forum for everything Sky! - Proudly helping over 63k members.

Advertisement

Page 9 of 22 FirstFirst ... 789101119 ... LastLast

Price Freezes for some Loyal Customers

This is a discussion on Price Freezes for some Loyal Customers within the Sky news and announcements forums, part of the SkyUser Announcements category; From the official post: New customers to Sky who have taken up Sky Broadband in the 6 months prior to ...

NewsreadeR is offline Site Founder
      Exchange: Marshalls Cross
      Broadband ISP: Sky Broadband Unlimited
      Router: Sagem F@ST 2504n
      Sky TV: Sky+HD box
      Thanks
      Blog Entries

re: Price Freezes for some Loyal Customers

From the official post:

New customers to Sky who have taken up Sky Broadband in the 6 months prior to the 25th November - and are not signed up to Sky Talk - will be exempt from the price changes until January 2010.
      Update on Sky Broadband pricing changes

~ Never, ever, argue with an idiot. They'll drag you down to their level and beat you with experience ~

Follow us on Twitter @skyuser

2. Advertisement
      TastyFish is offline Sky User Member
      Exchange: West Malling
      Broadband ISP: Mid
      Router: Sagem F@ST 2504
      Sky TV: Sky+
      Thanks

Quote Originally Posted by NewsreadeR View Post
      From the official post:

Quote:
      New customers to Sky who have taken up Sky Broadband in the 6 months prior to the 25th November - and are not signed up to Sky Talk - will be exempt from the price changes until January 2010.
      Ok, thanks for clarifying that. The official announcement says "new customers to Sky" and not new customers to Sky BB (which is what the original information stated at the top of this thread) . Unfortunately I'm stuck on a call plan with BT until next September - it still might be cheaper to take the termination charges on that and save the 5 pm by taking Sky Talk. I guess I can wait until nearer March before making a decision.

NewsreadeR is offline Site Founder
      Exchange: Marshalls Cross
      Router: Sagem F@ST 2504n
      Thanks
      Blog Entries

Yep, I agree where you are coming from, however, I did try to put that across as what we believed was to be happening, from the original thread here. (Rumours are a pain in the backside)

But then added the further information we had received, to the first post in this thread, with a clear statement:

Customers who take either Sky Broadband Max, Sky+HD or Sky Multiroom (or a combination of the 3) will automatically see their current broadband pricing frozen until January 2010, in recognition of their loyalty. This information should be going out in the letters from Sky informing it's broadband customers of the rises, sometime after 25th November.

Only customers registered for either of those three services by Monday the 24th November 2008 will qualify for this price freeze.
      If its any consolation, I still disagree, with the way this has been implemented.

~ Never, ever, argue with an idiot. They'll drag you down to their level and beat you with experience ~

Follow us on Twitter @skyuser

TastyFish is offline Sky User Member
      Exchange: West Malling
      Broadband ISP: Mid
      Sky TV: Sky+
      Thanks

Probably my fault as I clearly didn't read all the posts in detail!

It's frustrating that having just switched, I'm going to see my price rise by 100% in a few months - still cheaper than my previous package though. Many years as a loyal full package Sky+ user clearly doesn't count for much. Still with the Sky+ planner issues that have been rumbling around for the last week, at least the BB is working faultlessly - he said touching large planks of wood....

Stumpy is offline Sky User Member
      Exchange: Ingleby Barwick (NEILB)
      Broadband ISP: Sky Fibre Unlimited
      Router: Sky Hub SR101
      Sky TV: Sky+ HD
      Thanks

How do I get the option to upgrade to Max and stay at 10 per month? I've had a look over the Sky website, but I always get lost on there, and there was nothing in my letter about it ...

Tony1044 is offline Sky User Member
      Exchange: 01623
      Broadband ISP: BT
      Router: BT Business HUB 3
      Sky TV:
      Thanks

Personally I have already started the switchover to O2.

I currently pay Sky something like 72pm for the mix of channels, multiroom and broadband and I have to agree with an earlier poster about the movies - this last 6 months or so they seem to be playing complete garbage, although I will admit that as I tend to work away during the week I can only base that comment on weekends, but I am wondering why I'm paying so much for so little [quality] just lately.

As I mentioned in an earlier post, my broadband (Max - I don't get anything like the top speeds, but as I work in IT and frequently download things like a DVD9 image of Exchange 2007 for example, I need an unlimited service) died earlier this year and the tech support number was busy so I was on hold for an age and when I did finally speak to someone (router was taking upwards of an hour to connect and then only at 512k) they were incredibly difficult to understand, were rude ("...listen to me you MUST do what I tell you..." when asked to ping the router default IP - which I change) etc.

After almost an hour of this I finally got put through to someone who arranged a replacement router, which in fairness to Sky came quickly.

Then when I asked for my line to be uncapped it was set to a 1meg limit causing me to ask for this second cap to also be removed (and I still have the email somewhere) I got (and I still have the email somewhere) a very rudely worded email telling me that I don't know what I am talking about, that there was no way that my line had EVER given me the speeds I was claiming (interestingly I had a screenshot from some time earlier when I was showing off how good my Sky connection was to a friend which proves that I did) and that by forcing them to do this, I could expect very unreliable service...

Well it has actually been fine again until a couple of weeks ago and I'm getting a lot of dropouts. When I check the router, it shows connected with an IP but an up/down speed of 0/0...a reboot usually does the trick.

So when I saw that Sky wanted to up their pricing by 50% to their loyal customers, it was one kick in the teeth too many.

Since I bought my wife an iPhone for Christmas last year, I qualify for the fiver a month discount, so for their mid (8meg - I only average 3 - 3.5) business broadband package including a free fixed IP address, I'll pay 15pm + VAT with freephone UK based support and a guaranteed next working day engineer if I log a call prior to 4.00pm...

Sky seem to be perfectly happy to continue to take my money since I joined them in 1992, to consistently increase prices and to provide an ever decreasing level of customer service.

And Sky - this whole 2010 lark is too little, too late in my personal opinion.

Funny too, how my MAC key didn't arrive by text in the promised 48 hours, but when I called to tell them I was planning to cancel my whole package due to their witholding my MAC key, lo and behold it "...oh has just come onto our system while you're on the phone to us now..." wow...quite the coincidence!

Anyway, I placed my order with O2 at 20:00 last night and have a switchover date of December 5th.

heatherw_01 is offline Sky User Member
      Exchange: Elland (MYELL)
      Router: Netgear V1 DG834GT
      Thanks

Can I just check, are these letters being sent out separately from the magazine?

psu300 is offline Sky User Member
      Exchange: Ealow
      Broadband ISP: Max
      Sky TV: Sky+ HD
      Thanks

Quote Originally Posted by heatherw_01 View Post
      Can I just check, are these letters being sent out separately from the magazine?
      Yes . See # 63
      Last edited by psu300; 28-11-08 at 06:04 PM.

kipper is offline Sky User Member
      Exchange: 0191
      Broadband ISP: Max
      Router: Netgear V1 DG834GT
      Sky TV: Sky Basic
      Thanks

Does anyone know the legalities of this? Surely it is an unfair practice to say 'take this or pay more'? I doubt if I will leave Sky for my broadband, but it makes me think twice.

Angel_Rex is offline Sky User Member
      Exchange: Uckfield
      Broadband ISP: Sky Broadband Unlimited Fibre
      Router: SKY SR102
      Thanks

I only stuck with sky as I get everything bar movies and sport and MID B for 27. If they increase their mid BB I will leave sky all together.

I have only just seen this article and im not on SKY Talk, if I signed up to sky talk NOW would they hold the price for me also??

Page 9 of 22 FirstFirst ... 789101119 ... LastLast