Your forum username:
Do you already have an account?
Forgot your password?

Welcome to Sky User - The Unofficial Support Forum for everything Sky! - Proudly helping over 63k members.

Advertisement

Page 16 of 22 FirstFirst ... 61415161718 ... LastLast

Price Freezes for some Loyal Customers

This is a discussion on Price Freezes for some Loyal Customers within the Sky news and announcements forums, part of the SkyUser Announcements category; It is good that Sky want to reward some "loyal" customers. I consider myself to be a very loyal customer ...

bryan is offline Sky User Member
      Exchange: Leith
      Broadband ISP: PlusNet Fibre Unlimited
      Router: Technicolor TG582n Fibre Router
      Sky TV: Amstrad Sky+
      Thanks

Re: Price Freezes for some Loyal Customers

It is good that Sky want to reward some "loyal" customers. I consider myself to be a very loyal customer who has subscribed to their TV since circa 1997 and in that time I have always had at least the basic package and very often the Sports package or part Sports package as well and as soon as I could I got BB as well.

Why can't they consider this is worthy of a freeze in BB prices as well? I plan to write to them and ask..

2. Advertisement
      westv is offline Sky User Member
      Exchange: Chelmsford
      Broadband ISP: Sky Max
      Router: Sagem F@ST 2504
      Sky TV: Sky+
      Thanks

Quote Originally Posted by westv View Post
      I signed up and was connected to BB Max shortly before the 24th November. On Friday I received a letter from Sky informing me that the price I pay will increase by £5 a month. What's going on? I thought if I was on Max before the 24th I would pay £10 until 2010.

Edit: I applied for Max prior to the 24th and was switched over on the 24th November.
      So I guess then that, as there hasn't been anything official in writing regarding the price freezes, my choices are either pay up or go elswhere.

Thanks

Quote Originally Posted by westv View Post
      So I guess then that, as there hasn't been anything official in writing regarding the price freezes, my choices are either pay up or go elswhere.
      Well I rang Sky this morning to query it. Ending up speaking to three different people and none of them were aware of any cut off date or anything to do with those on Sky Max prior to that date. The last guy I spoke to suggested I contact Sky customer relations via Sky.com. It's all very well being told that those registered for Sky Max prior to 24th November have their price increase deferred for a year (and I'm sure the information is appreciated) but with no proof anywhere else it does rather leave those in my position with not a leg to stand on when querying with Sky.

Hairybiker is offline Sky User Member
      Exchange: WNWEL
      Sky TV: Sky Basic
      Thanks

Hi Guys

I signed up for Max broadband before £25 Nov 2008 only when I had asked if the increase applied to me, and they told me it would not so I signed up.
      Then in Dec I got a letter from Sky saying that the increase would be applied to my account from March 2009. I was livid so I rang and emailed Sky and was told that they would look into it for me and ring back.
      You guessed it they didnt ring back, but on the 29th dec I got an email that said this::-
      -----------------------------------------------------------------
      Dear Mr xxxx,

Thank you for contacting Sky Help Centre regarding your broadband subscription and the new price increase.

I'm very sorry for any concerns you have in this matter and I am pleased to confirm after investigating your Sky account that this price increase will not affect you at this time as you had signed up for this prior to 25th November 2008. A £5.00 credit will automatically be applied to your account for the next 10 months as you are exempt from this charge until 1st January 2010.

From 2010 you may avoid this extra charge should you take our Sky talk service.

I hope I have managed to clarify matters for you today and should you need further help or information, please reply to this email.

Wishing you all the best for the New Year and kind regards

xxxxxx

Sky Help Centre

--------------------------------------------

So I am happy again

Hope this helps

Gareth
      Last edited by Hairybiker; 26-01-09 at 03:47 PM. Reason: Left names in --- soz

murdock is offline Sky User Member
      Exchange:
      Broadband ISP: Max
      Router: Netgear V1 DG834GT
      Thanks

Welcome Hairybiker

An interesting email which will be helpful to many.
      However, you might want to consider editing out the names.

Hairybiker is offline Sky User Member
      Exchange: WNWEL
      Thanks

You are right, soz dont do much on forums just read them.

Isitme is online now Sky User Moderator
      Exchange: Bannockburn
      Broadband ISP: Sky Broadband Unlimited
      Router: Sky Hub SR102
      Sky TV: Sky+ HD
      Thanks
      Thanked 1,621 Times in 1,583 Posts

From 2010 you may avoid this extra charge should you take our Sky talk service.
      That is interesting!!! Does that mean if you have Sky Talk the price will not rise, even in 2010?

TomD

Please note the views and recommendations in my posts are my own and in no way reflect the views of SkyUser.

Useful Utilites

Inssider 2/ TCPOptimiser /Test Socket

Note - When downloading always select the Custom install or you will end up with stuff you don't want.

Thanks

Well I've just sent an email to Sky via their "contact us" page.

nobby is offline Sky User Member
      Exchange: Batley
      Broadband ISP: Mid
      Router: Non Sky Router
      Sky TV:
      Thanks

I wrote a letter to sky last week after I got a letter saying my BB was going up. Ive had sky talk but cancelled 3 months ago because I need a vat receipt for business purposes which they refused to provide. Ive also had multiroom up to the beginning of December 08 but cancelled to save on the monthly bills, this was put back on the day before the letter arrived from sky. Ive had sky since 1990 which was before encryption, sky+ since 2002 and they say Im not a loyal customer!

Tonight I have had a call from sky and they have refused to make any exception to their rule as I don’t have sky talk, the operator wouldn’t accept that any other customers were receiving a discount and wasn’t particularly interested in how long I had been paying in.

What should I do, get freeview as I threatened?…wish id never fitted a 250g drive in the sky+

NewsreadeR is offline Site Founder
      Exchange: Marshalls Cross
      Broadband ISP: Sky Broadband Unlimited
      Router: Sagem F@ST 2504n
      Sky TV: Sky+HD box
      Thanks
      Blog Entries

What should I do, get freeview as I threatened?
      You could try speaking to another agent or even cancellations. Explain your case and hope that they would honour it. You could always cancel, and then reinstate it within the 30 days if they call your bluff.

Sky's target is 10 million customers by June (iirc) so they may, just sort something out for you.

~ Never, ever, argue with an idiot. They'll drag you down to their level and beat you with experience ~

Follow us on Twitter @skyuser

Page 16 of 22 FirstFirst ... 61415161718 ... LastLast