Your forum username:
Do you already have an account?
Forgot your password?

Welcome to Sky User - The Unofficial Support Forum for everything Sky! - Proudly helping over 63k members.

Advertisement

Page 15 of 22 FirstFirst ... 51314151617 ... LastLast

Price Freezes for some Loyal Customers

This is a discussion on Price Freezes for some Loyal Customers within the Sky news and announcements forums, part of the SkyUser Announcements category; Originally Posted by NewsreadeR Any customer who had signed up to Sky Broadband, within the prior six months to 24th ...

youravinalarrrf is offline Sky User Beta tester
      Exchange: MYBD
      Broadband ISP: Sky Broadband Unlimited
      Router: Sky Hub SR101
      Sky TV: Sky+HD box
      Thanks

Re: Price Freezes for some Loyal Customers

Quote Originally Posted by NewsreadeR View Post
      Any customer who had signed up to Sky Broadband, within the prior six months to 24th November, were to receive a credit, effectively negating the price rise, or the need to sign up to Sky Talk, holding the current pricing until January 2010.

Only customers registered for either of those three services by Monday the 24th November 2008 will qualify for this price freeze.
      As you can see from the above I think the key thing in your case is exactly what date in November did you start to take BB Max and Talk Unlimited? I stand to be corrected but the way I read it is if it was before 24th November you qualify for the price freeze if it was after 24th November you don't.

2. Advertisement
      Schrodinger56 is offline Sky User Member
      Exchange:
      Broadband ISP: Sky Max
      Router: Sagem F@ST 2504
      Sky TV: Sky+ HD
      Thanks

Quote Originally Posted by youravinalarrrf View Post
      As you can see from the above I think the key thing in your case is exactly what date in November did you start to take BB Max and Talk Unlimited? I stand to be corrected but the way I read it is if it was before 24th November you qualify for the price freeze if it was after 24th November you don't.
      My BB Max went live on 18th Nov and Sky Talk from 3rd Dec.

Thanks

On that basis you should qualify because of your BB Max live date being on the 18th November.

Think you possibly need to have words with Sky although there has been nothing "official" posted by Sky on here confirming any of this.

Schrodinger56 is offline Sky User Member
      Exchange:
      Sky TV: Sky+ HD
      Thanks

I've just spoken to someone at Sky CS and after explaining my concerns and what packages I was on she told me to ignore the letter I received today and another batch of letters are going out telling people that the price rises would not be affecting them. All very confusing I said that one day you get a letter telling you your prices are increasing then a few days later a different letter telling you that your prices are frozen!! However, she "promised" me that my prices would not increase in March 09.

We shall see!!!

NewsreadeR is offline Site Founder
      Exchange: Marshalls Cross
      Router: Sagem F@ST 2504n
      Thanks
      Blog Entries

there has been nothing "official" posted by Sky on here confirming any of this.
      Not posted by a Sky spokesperson no.

~ Never, ever, argue with an idiot. They'll drag you down to their level and beat you with experience ~

Follow us on Twitter @skyuser

Thanks

The point I was making was that it could prove very difficult to argue your case when Sky get it wrong as there has never been anything "official" posted on here by them confirming exactly who benefits and why to use as your evidence.

No doubt there will a large number of customers in the same situation as Schrodinger56 who will just accept the contents of the letter they receive and either decide to leave because of it or worse still just pay up without question! I don't think many customers will be prepared to waste time, money and effort on the phone querying it!

It's probably even more important than ever that the Sky Broadband Team make a formal post on here as it appears that Sky have somehow allowed Mr. Stupid to get involved yet again by sending out the wrong letters to people!

They still appear to be struggling with the concept of good customer service don't they? It's the simple things that make the biggest difference!

NewsreadeR is offline Site Founder
      Exchange: Marshalls Cross
      Router: Sagem F@ST 2504n
      Thanks
      Blog Entries

The point I was making was that it could prove very difficult to argue your case when Sky get it wrong as there has never been anything "official" posted on here by them confirming exactly who benefits and why to use as your evidence.
      Fair comment, although all the information that is in the first post has transpired to be correct, granted it would appear, some wrongly worded letters have actually gone out. Although judging by the response from the CS agent, it would appear that Sky have already acknowledged they sent the wrong letters out, and are resending another batch.

They still appear to be struggling with the concept of good customer service don't they? It's the simple things that make the biggest difference!
      Communication, I still believe is the thorn in Sky's side. It just takes too long for information / procedures to flow through to the relevant channels. We have been asking for the Netgear V2 FW for hosting for weeks. We have already been given the go ahead to do so, but as at today, received no file to host.

As for Sky BB Team posting, they may not feel the need to justify or confirm the first post, as it has since transpired, that the information given by us, for the majority is in fact correct. For the sake of clarity I can ask the Sky BB Team to see what they say?

~ Never, ever, argue with an idiot. They'll drag you down to their level and beat you with experience ~

Follow us on Twitter @skyuser

westv is offline Sky User Member
      Exchange: Chelmsford
      Sky TV: Sky+
      Thanks

I signed up and was connected to BB Max shortly before the 24th November. On Friday I received a letter from Sky informing me that the price I pay will increase by 5 a month. What's going on? I thought if I was on Max before the 24th I would pay 10 until 2010.

Edit: I applied for Max prior to the 24th and was switched over on the 24th November.
      Last edited by westv; 25-01-09 at 01:20 PM.

Thanks

Personally I stand to benefit from this but it's definitely not from anything loyalty or broadband related.....it's only by sheer luck that I have a Multiroom subscription.
      I've still not received anything.

Has anybody else who only "qualifies" by having a Multiroom subscription received a letter yet?
      I've still not received anything in writing from Sky about this! I now have serious doubts about qualifying.

Tell me again just how long does it take someone at Sky to actually write a letter? Have they had to send the staff back to school first to learn how to do it?
      Last edited by youravinalarrrf; 25-01-09 at 08:58 PM.

Alan b is offline Sky User Member
      Exchange:
      Broadband ISP: Unlimited
      Router: Netgear V1 DG834GT
      Sky TV: 2 x Sky+ HD
      Thanks

If you haven't received a letter then I would take it as if your price is not going up. I have Mid and don't qualify and I have had two letters either side of Christmas about the increase.

Page 15 of 22 FirstFirst ... 51314151617 ... LastLast