Your forum username:
Do you already have an account?
Forgot your password?

Welcome to Sky User - The Unofficial Support Forum for everything Sky! - Proudly helping over 63k members.

Advertisement

Page 13 of 22 FirstFirst ... 31112131415 ... LastLast

Price Freezes for some Loyal Customers

This is a discussion on Price Freezes for some Loyal Customers within the Sky news and announcements forums, part of the SkyUser Announcements category; Sorry Ned, with you now....

Brian69 is offline Sky User Member
      Exchange: Kings Lynn
      Broadband ISP: Sky Unlimited
      Router: Non Sky Router
      Sky TV: Sky+ HD
      Thanks

Re: Price Freezes for some Loyal Customers

Sorry Ned, with you now.

2. Advertisement
      Ned Ludd is offline Sky User Member
      Exchange: Haxby
      Broadband ISP: PlusNet
      Router: TP-Link WR2543ND
      Sky TV: FreeSat
      Thanks

No probs Brian!

Couldn't reply last night as Friday night is drinkee-poos night!
      Geoff, York.
      Can't call me a Luddite now!

lily48 is offline Sky User Member
      Exchange: 01296
      Broadband ISP: Mid
      Router: Sagem F@ST 2504
      Sky TV:
      Thanks

I just got a letter from sky telling me I am being downdgraded to base. I complained about the increase and was told since I am a very lighter user I could downgrade. I emailed back saying I have not made up my mind and am considering my option. Next thing I know, I received a letter telling I have been downgraded and I thought that was not possible. My concern is it will go up by 5 in March and am just wondering that happens if I exceed the 2 gb usuage. Anybody knows!! Will give it a try and see how it goes. Thanks

Isitme is offline Sky User Moderator
      Exchange: Bannockburn
      Broadband ISP: Sky Broadband Unlimited
      Router: Sky Hub SR102
      Thanks
      Thanked 1,621 Times in 1,583 Posts

Interesting point Lily, did you tell them you were a light user or did they tell you? If it was the latter then it looks like Sky can monitor the amount used, which is not what many users believed.

If you are just doing email and surfing with the odd Youtube video thrown in, then you will be OK. Worry about going over when they send you a letter.
      Your speed was not much more than 2 Mb anyway, so you will not notice much difference there.

TomD

Please note the views and recommendations in my posts are my own and in no way reflect the views of SkyUser.

Useful Utilites

Inssider 2/ TCPOptimiser /Test Socket

Note - When downloading always select the Custom install or you will end up with stuff you don't want.

lily48 is offline Sky User Member
      Exchange: 01296
      Broadband ISP: Mid
      Router: Sagem F@ST 2504
      Sky TV:
      Thanks

I did tell them I am a light user and was not given the option of downgraded afterwards. My usage is less than 2gb a month. It does appear than they can monitor the usage. My only concern is when son comes homes on visit may be once a month, then the usage will be high as he watches youtube. I was paying 5 for mid and I could not get a decent speed, it is usually less than 2mb. I am going to phone sky and ask since they are charging 5 for base in March why don't they increase the allowance. I have another option as well, I could subscribe to sky talk free and get the bb for free. It will be to my advantage esp free calls to CS & unlimited evenings and w/e calls, but it is just I prefer to stay with bt for calls and line. I use 18185 for cheap calls. Thanks

Isitme is offline Sky User Moderator
      Exchange: Bannockburn
      Broadband ISP: Sky Broadband Unlimited
      Router: Sky Hub SR102
      Thanks
      Thanked 1,621 Times in 1,583 Posts

I am going to phone sky and ask since they are charging 5 for base in March why don't they increase the allowance.
      That's another good point! I think the imposition of a 5 charge on what was a free service is the worst thing about these Sky increases. They have, in effect, 'hoiked' in users with the promise of a free service and now that they have, they are going to charge for it. Many would not have bothered about broadband but for the free supply and now that they have got used to it, will not want to give it up. Rather like the pusher at the school gate handing out free drugs. I know that is a bit extreme, but you get the idea. A small increase in the bandwidth allowance would go some way to compensate for charging for what was a free service. I am not sure an individual making a complaint will help, it really needs an organised communal effort by the users effected.

TomD

Please note the views and recommendations in my posts are my own and in no way reflect the views of SkyUser.

Useful Utilites

Inssider 2/ TCPOptimiser /Test Socket

Note - When downloading always select the Custom install or you will end up with stuff you don't want.

TerryR is offline Sky User Member
      Exchange: o2o8857
      Broadband ISP: Sky Mid
      Router: Netgear V1 DG834GT
      Sky TV: Sky Basic
      Thanks

What a way to treat customers who have been loyal for many years?
      As a widowed pensioner living alone, why would I want a sky box in another room?
      This is nothing short of blackmail! What comes next, In 2010 no doubt there will be another increase unless we pay Sky for our Gas or Electric or perhaps car insurance, When will it stop.
      I intend to show Sky the same loyalty that they have shown me.
      Obviously the longer you stay the less your wanted!

TTFN

puretoon is offline Sky User Member
      Exchange: NEGF
      Broadband ISP: o2
      Thanks

I'm also one of those disgruntled BB Mid customers too!

My hubby has paid a fortune to Sky+ (analogue before that) over many years as we have the full T.V package and always have had. He is not computer literate at all, but loves his sport, so I'm the BB user and find Mid suits fine, so why should we be penalised??? the ammount coming out of our house each month paying Sky is ridiculous for the rubbish they're dishing out.

Its ridiculous Sky increasing Bb prices just when we're expecting letter informing us of VAT decrease-and from what I've read, thats not going to happen either

I'm also with O2 for my mobile and was seriously considering moving to them, but have since heard O2 can't cope with the users they've got now which isn't good. I do find Sky BB extremely good (oopps shouldn't have said anything!) and was just commenting on that fact....then got THAT letter!

but to find your BB has gone up 100% just isn't right. And yes, I was going to change over to Sky for my phone, but changed my mind as Sky couldn't tell me who was contactable if anything went wrong-Bt or them-so staying with the devil we know.
      Last edited by puretoon; 11-12-08 at 05:30 PM.

BrianM is offline Sky User Member
      Exchange: Abingdon
      Broadband ISP: Other ISP
      Thanks

Quote Originally Posted by puretoon View Post
      Its ridiculous Sky increasing Bb prices just when we're expecting letter informing us of VAT decrease-and from what I've read, thats not going to happen either
      Yes it is! Sky have reduced all prices to adjust for reduced VAT!

Kbramman is offline Sky User Member
      Exchange: Dulwich
      Broadband ISP: Max
      Thanks

Actually Sky have reduced most of their products, but not all, phone and BB were not reduced.

Page 13 of 22 FirstFirst ... 31112131415 ... LastLast