Your forum username:
Do you already have an account?
Forgot your password?

Welcome to Sky User - The Unofficial Support Forum for everything Sky! - Proudly helping over 63k members.

Advertisement

View Poll Results: Would you change ISP because of the increase?

Voters
    216. You may not vote on this poll
    • Yes

136 62.96%
    • No

60 27.78%
    • I don't really care

10 4.63%
    • Not on Sky anyway

10 4.63%
    Page 1 of 19 12311 ... LastLast

Update on Sky Broadband pricing changes

This is a discussion on Update on Sky Broadband pricing changes within the Sky news and announcements forums, part of the SkyUser Announcements category; We are making some changes to the pricing of our award-winning Sky Broadband service that we want to share with ...

Sky Broadband Team is offline Sky Broadband Team
      Exchange:
      Broadband ISP: Base
      Router:
      Sky TV:
      Thanks

Update on Sky Broadband pricing changes

We are making some changes to the pricing of our award-winning Sky Broadband service that we want to share with you.

Not only are more customers choosing Sky than any other broadband provider, but more and more of you are bundling together your TV, broadband and home phone services. We’re responding to this growing trend by adjusting our pricing so that the biggest savings are available to those customers who take Sky TV, Sky Broadband and Sky Talk together.

Most of our Sky Broadband customers already take all three services and so the planned changes will have no impact on them at all. As a Sky Talk customer, you will continue to make the biggest savings on your Sky Broadband service with no change to your monthly subscription.

However, as part of our commitment to being fair and transparent we want to provide those Sky Broadband customers who do not take Sky Talk with plenty of notice of the changes that may affect them.

From the 1st March 2009 the price of Sky Broadband Base, Mid and Max will increase by 5 per month for those customers who don’t take one of our Sky Talk packages. For example, this will mean that Sky Base customers will pay 5 per month - which will still make it the best value broadband package in the market, Sky Mid customers will pay 10 and Sky Max customers - who enjoy access to the UK’s only truly unlimited broadband package - will pay 15 per month. Sky Connect customers are not affected by these changes.

The changes in our pricing are our first since launching our broadband service over two years ago. Letters notifying affected customers will go out from the 25th of November. New customers joining Sky Broadband from the 25th of November will be told about the planned changes when they sign up.

New customers to Sky who have taken up Sky Broadband in the 6 months prior to the 25th November - and are not signed up to Sky Talk - will be exempt from the price changes until January 2010.

Any Sky Broadband customers who don’t yet take Sky Talk can take the opportunity to increase their monthly savings by signing up to either of our award winning Sky Talk packages - Sky Talk Freetime at no monthly fee, or Sky Talk Unlimited for 5 a month. By signing up to Sky Talk, customers will not only get a 5 discount on their broadband – effectively maintaining their current pricing - but it means that they may also make savings on their home phone bill as well. Please visit Sky.com for more information.

Thanks

Sky Broadband Team
      Last edited by NewsreadeR; 20-11-08 at 04:01 PM.

2. Advertisement
      skypaulusplus Guest
      Exchange:
      Broadband ISP:
      Router:
      Sky TV:

Re: Update on Sky Broadband pricing changes

althought its not really saving is it ? with the large price of sky talk calls

Undecided Adrian is offline Sky User Member
      Exchange: Stevenage
      Broadband ISP: BT
      Router: Non Sky Router
      Sky TV: Sky+ HD
      Thanks

All 3 packages are now going to have heavy competiton if you don't have Sky Talk.

Base for 5 with a 2 meg/sec connection and 2 Gig download limit is getting to be pretty similar to the mobile broadband pay as you go packages with the dongles

Mid and Max are going to slug it out head to head with O2, with O2 having free technical help phone number, ability to use your own router, actual customer service (O2 has insane customer retention rates on the mobile phone side due to excellent customer service).

I know that the broadband was heavily subsidised but I can't see the broadband numbers growing particulary fast now that the pricing has jumped up so much.
      I'm a PC, and Windows 7 Backup saved my sanity when BitDefender imploded !!!

Kbramman is offline Sky User Member
      Exchange: Dulwich
      Broadband ISP: Max
      Router: Netgear V1 DG834GT
      Thanks

Ah well, Time to move to O2, who will be undercutting Sky on their mid package.

Unless Sky wish to offer those of us here who are already paying the sky HD sub a delay until 2010 as well...

Over to you Sky, though I do not expect a response

Thanks

Also expect a long wait to get a MAC code, it took an hour on the 0845 number to get through to somebody to get it issued.

NewsreadeR is offline Site Founder
      Exchange: Marshalls Cross
      Broadband ISP: Sky Broadband Unlimited
      Router: Sagem F@ST 2504n
      Sky TV: Sky+HD box
      Thanks
      Blog Entries

I think I have to agree Keir, I already pay Sky 87 a month, and no way am I going to pay another fiver.

For my particular stats and connection, I would be saving 2.50 going to the O2 equivalent, I can use my own router, and like you say free customer service, along with a faster upload speed.

OK, 2.50 a month is nothing, but at the end of the day, there is absolutely no incentive to stay loyal to any company, and some companies need to understand or even at least acknowledge that.

~ Never, ever, argue with an idiot. They'll drag you down to their level and beat you with experience ~

Follow us on Twitter @skyuser

skypaulusplus Guest
      Exchange:
      Broadband ISP:
      Router:
      Sky TV:

they have really done it this time - KABOOOOMM!!!!!

Kbramman is offline Sky User Member
      Exchange: Dulwich
      Broadband ISP: Max
      Router: Netgear V1 DG834GT
      Thanks

Ged, Though I don't have triple multiroom I'm similar, I'd be gaining on the upload, no difference on the down and like you saving money - Sky have not thought this through fully and should expect a lot of calls complaining and demanding MAC codes soon.

This sort of price rise in a time when many other companies are dropping the BB prices is going to kick the hell out of their retention rates for BB, and I have no sympathy at all.

Thanks

But now Sky have put the prices up once, there is nothing stopping them doing it fairly regular and if you have to phone the 0845 Sky number for anything relating to broadband, my how the charges rack up.

The only "issue" I have with o2 is that port 25 is blocked for all email except for their SMTP server so you need to make sure if you want to use your own email address you need to have another port avaliable from whoever does your SMTP. (mine does)

NewsreadeR is offline Site Founder
      Exchange: Marshalls Cross
      Broadband ISP: Sky Broadband Unlimited
      Router: Sagem F@ST 2504n
      Sky TV: Sky+HD box
      Thanks
      Blog Entries

The only "issue" I have with o2 is that port 25 is blocked for all email except for their SMTP server so you need to make sure if you want to use your own email address you need to have another port avaliable from whoever does your SMTP. (mine does)
      I am sure we can sort something out for those ex customers in this scenario.

Maybe its time for us to resurrect 02User?

~ Never, ever, argue with an idiot. They'll drag you down to their level and beat you with experience ~

Follow us on Twitter @skyuser

Page 1 of 19 12311 ... LastLast