Your forum username:
Do you already have an account?
Forgot your password?

Welcome to Sky User - The Unofficial Support Forum for everything Sky! - Proudly helping over 63k members.

Advertisement

View Poll Results: Would you change ISP because of the increase?

Voters
    216. You may not vote on this poll
    • Yes

136 62.96%
    • No

60 27.78%
    • I don't really care

10 4.63%
    • Not on Sky anyway

10 4.63%
    Page 19 of 19 FirstFirst ... 9171819

Update on Sky Broadband pricing changes

This is a discussion on Update on Sky Broadband pricing changes within the Sky news and announcements forums, part of the SkyUser Announcements category; I heard Orange have very bad fair usage policies....or is that just for mobiles?...

tech3475 is offline Sky User Member
      Exchange:
      Broadband ISP: Max
      Router: Netgear V2 DG934G
      Sky TV:
      Thanks

Re: Update on Sky Broadband pricing changes

I heard Orange have very bad fair usage policies....or is that just for mobiles?

2. Advertisement
      psdmc is offline Sky User Member
      Exchange: Droylsden
      Broadband ISP: Sky Fibre Unlimited
      Router: Sky Hub SR101
      Sky TV: Sky+HD box
      Thanks

Ive been given half price line rental for six months, to ofset the increase in broadband price...

davidw is offline Sky User Member
      Exchange: Uxbridge
      Broadband ISP: Mid
      Router:
      Sky TV:
      Thanks

I see that some are happy with 6 months free line rental. That is a bit like a pact with the devil with you agreeing to loose your Broadband for 2 weeks if you want to change providers!! In my humble opinion it is worth paying more and keeping the BT line for future flexibility. If you are happy with pacts with devils, the Talk Talk devil looks better value for those using between 10 and 40GB per month.

Those that may say, it's ok I told SKY not to move me to the LLU network will note that in the Terms and Conditions, this is not an option & will therefore get renaged on at some point.

I have now got to the of the first bill cycle with the Usage tool and used 11GB (I am on Everyday !!). I did not get an email and the usage tool does not display one either. I assume that the automatic transfer is not started properly as it relies on the warning as part of the process.

Isitme is offline Sky User Moderator
      Exchange: Bannockburn
      Broadband ISP: Sky Broadband Unlimited
      Router: Sky Hub SR102
      Sky TV: Sky+ HD
      Thanks
      Thanked 1,621 Times in 1,583 Posts

Those that may say, it's ok I told SKY not to move me to the LLU network will note that in the Terms and Conditions, this is not an option & will therefore get renaged on at some point.
      That's a good point. Those that had Sky Rental before the SVBN went live had the option to opt out, anyone joining after a certain date do not have the option and accept it as part of the T & Cs. If they decide they want to change the conditions of those who opted out, they will have to give them 30 days notice of there intentions.

TomD

Please note the views and recommendations in my posts are my own and in no way reflect the views of SkyUser.

Useful Utilites

Inssider 2/ TCPOptimiser /Test Socket

Note - When downloading always select the Custom install or you will end up with stuff you don't want.

Page 19 of 19 FirstFirst ... 9171819