Your forum username:
Do you already have an account?
Forgot your password?

Welcome to Sky User - The Unofficial Support Forum for everything Sky! - Proudly helping over 63k members.

Advertisement

Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123

A Sky+HD Team Update

This is a discussion on A Sky+HD Team Update within the Sky news and announcements forums, part of the SkyUser Announcements category; I have the samsung box and there is no problem with lip sync...

Mooresey is offline Sky User Member
      Exchange:
      Broadband ISP: Max
      Router: Netgear V1 DG834GT
      Sky TV: Sky+ HD
      Thanks

Re: A Sky+HD Team Update

I have the samsung box and there is no problem with lip sync

2. Advertisement
      Stefan_Tapp is offline Sky User Member
      Exchange: Woolston
      Broadband ISP: Mid
      Router: Sagem F@ST 2504
      Sky TV:
      Thanks

I had a very unhelpful reply from Sky the other day with the 'How to adjust audio delay.....................' instructions which is of no bloody use at all!!

The audio needs advancing not delaying and you can't make adjustments for that!

Stef

paulrichardson is offline Sky User Member
      Exchange: 01275
      Broadband ISP: Other ISP
      Router: Non Sky Router
      Sky TV: Sky Basic
      Thanks

Unhappy Re: A Sky+HD Team Update

Quote Originally Posted by Sky HD Team View Post

Sound Synchronisation
      We regularly read your comments and are very sorry that some of you have recently experienced an issue with sound synchronisation on some channels on the Sky+HD platform. We have been working hard to identify and resolve this matter for you as quickly as possible.
      On the 18th September we rolled out a configuration change for the issue. We have been closely monitoring your feedback on this. Initial customer feedback has been positive and we are pleased to see evidence of this on the forums. However we are continuing to monitor the situation, and we are investigating options to make further improvements.
      In addition, we will follow up with an FAQ next week on this topic to provide you with further information and assistance.

Thanks
      Sky+HD Team
      Hi,

You have not mentioned the HD Box Crashing "Issue"

When recording two programs following each other on the same channel, whilst watching a program off the planner my box Crashes at the time of the "changeover" between the programs.

This causes the loss of the earlier recording, and requires a power off at the mains to get back going.

Your comments would be appreciated.

Regards,

Paul.

wreelybro is offline Sky User Member
      Exchange:
      Broadband ISP: Max
      Router: Netgear V1 DG834GT
      Sky TV: Sky+ HD
      Thanks

Hi all I thought I would add my name to the list of disappointed customers with this Lip sync issue.

Has anyone heard when this issue will be resolved?

I have today had HD installed and received a brand new:
      Samsung Box (Model 0.7.000 Ver 973005) Data taken from 'System details'

The engineer was polite and installation was efficient. He also told me about the lip sync after he had set-up the box saying Sky are aware and working on this issue. He set Optical delay to 20ms..... Well this mad little or no difference.

I run my HD box through an Onyko amp and am using high end interconnects so am confident this is not the issue.

I have no issue with the picture quality that is amazing.. I JUST WANT MY SOUND TO SYNC!!! is that too much to ask??

I feel this is unacceptable and will be contacting Sky Monday morning!! I have paid for the full HD experience and am only getting Half.. Movies are no good without sound!

OK Sorry for the rant but I feel ripped off!!

For the time being I have changed the Sounds Settings -> Optical Output on my Samsung HD box from (DOLBYD) to -> (NORMAL) which is a compromise I know but at least sound is in sync although poorer sound quality.

Hope this may other frustrated with lip-sync-itis!!

dms05 is offline Sky User Beta tester
      Exchange: 0151
      Broadband ISP: Other ISP
      Router: Non Sky Router
      Sky TV: Other
      Thanks

It's been widely reported that the BBC HD channel has issues with the equipment the Beeb uses for encoding it's signal. The BBC are aware of the problem and are working with their equipment supplier to solve the problem. So that leaves Sky in a difficult position - until people like the BBC supply a decent signal it's impossible (or at least very difficult) for Sky to try to remedy any problems in their system because the problem may be elsewhere and originate from reasons outside their control.

Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123