Your forum username:
Do you already have an account?
Forgot your password?

Welcome to Sky User - The Unofficial Support Forum for everything Sky! - Proudly helping over 63k members.

Advertisement

Page 1 of 7 123 ... LastLast

Sky+ HD Box is now Half Price

This is a discussion on Sky+ HD Box is now Half Price within the Sky news and announcements forums, part of the SkyUser Announcements category; The 75 Sky+HD Offer expires on 30th October 2008. Sky have an offer on their website, for both New and ...

NewsreadeR is offline Site Founder
      Exchange: Marshalls Cross
      Broadband ISP: Sky Broadband Unlimited
      Router: Sagem F@ST 2504n
      Sky TV: Sky+HD box
      Thanks
      Blog Entries

Sky+ HD Box is now Half Price

The 75 Sky+HD Offer expires on 30th October 2008.

Sky have an offer on their website, for both New and Existing Customers, who wish to upgrade to Sky+ HD.

As part of Sky's celebrations of the launch of the Six new HD Movie Channels, existing Sky TV customers can now get a Sky+ HD box for 75 with free installation, if taken with Multiroom. There is a 10 a month HD mix subscription to be paid as well. Sky will even credit you with 15 if you order online.

Existing Sky TV Customers

New Sky TV Customers

Please note

* Credit will be made to your Sky digital account within 60 days of your Sky TV viewing card being enabled.

Standard set-up for new customers: Standard set-up for new Sky TV customers is 60 with a standard Sky box, 30 with a Sky+ box & free with a Sky+HD box and the HD Mix, or when you buy online by 23 October 2008. Set up is 120 for non-Sky digital subscribers. Sky Talk is free of set up costs. Non-standard set up may cost extra.

Standard set-up for existing customers: Standard set-up for existing Sky TV customers is 60 or 30 with a Sky+HD box and the HD Mix (and 30 less with Multiroom). Otherwise 120. Non-standard set-up may cost extra. Activation for existing customers taking Sky Broadband only is 75 for Base, 50 for Mid & Connect or 25 for Max (or 25 less when combined with Sky Talk).

*15 credit: We will credit 15 to your account if you join Sky TV online or upgrade your existing Sky box online. Credit will be made to your Sky digital account within 60 days of your Sky TV viewing card being enabled.

Sky+HD: To get Sky+HD, you require a Sky TV subscription, a Sky+HD box and you need to subscribe to Sky+HD by taking the HD Mix (10 extra a month). Only compatible with digital satellite. Sky+ subscription required to use the Personal Video Recorder features of the Sky+HD box (currently free while you subscribe to any Sky TV package, otherwise 10 per month). Sky+HD box 150 when you take Sky TV and the HD Mix. Sky+HD box is 399 plus 120 standard installation for non-Sky TV customers or Sky TV customers not taking the HD Mix. The channels you receive with the HD Mix depend on your Sky digital package. If you have the standard definition Sky Sports or Sky Movies channel in your package you will receive the high definition version of that channel if available in the HD Mix. Luxe TV HD, Channel 4 HD and BBC HD are available without any subscriptions. Channel 4 HD requires a valid viewing card. Box designs vary. You need a HD Ready TV to experience the full benefits of Sky+HD. Only one 75 Sky+HD box per household. Sky selects your equipment.

Sky digital Subscription: Sky TV Packages 17 - 47 per month. Sky Box Office movies/events cost extra.

General: Sky+HD box must be connected to a fixed telephone line for 12 months. Weekend setup subject to availability. Sky+HD box prices may vary if you live in a flat. You must get any consents required (e.g. landlord's). Minimum Sky digital/Sky+HD subscriptions 12 months. You must be 18 years or over. Channels, programmes & prices subject to change. Further terms apply. Information only applies to residential customers in UK, Channel Islands and Isle of Man. Calls cost up to 5 pence per minute (plus up to 7p connection fee) for BT customers. Calls from other providers may vary. Information correct at 24 September 2008.
      Last edited by NewsreadeR; 30-10-08 at 03:59 PM.

~ Never, ever, argue with an idiot. They'll drag you down to their level and beat you with experience ~

Follow us on Twitter @skyuser

2. Advertisement
      xoox is offline Sky User Member
      Exchange: Northolt
      Broadband ISP: Base
      Router: Netgear V2 DG934G
      Sky TV:
      Thanks

Re: Sky+ HD Box is now Half Price

Quote Originally Posted by NewsreadeR View Post
      Luxe TV HD, Channel 4 HD and BBC HD are available without any subscriptions.
      I have a basic 1 mix TV subs + basic broadband + talk. By the above quote, does it mean if I pay 75 for the HD+ box + 30 setup, but not the 10 per month HD Mix subs, I will get the three quoted HD channels, and also can record them (without yet another 10 per month Sky+ subs).

Basically, I want to be sure of getting a few HD channels and recording capability for the one-off outlay of 105, without any extra monthly subs on top of what I'm already paying.

NewsreadeR is offline Site Founder
      Exchange: Marshalls Cross
      Broadband ISP: Sky Broadband Unlimited
      Router: Sagem F@ST 2504n
      Sky TV: Sky+HD box
      Thanks
      Blog Entries

tbh I don't know. I got this offer about 2 weeks ago, and had to subscribe to the HD mix.

Although at the time, I had to fight for it, as no one knew about it.

I suppose you could try ordering it and then abandoning it if it forces you to take the HD mix.

If you take this route, let us know, so others can find out.

~ Never, ever, argue with an idiot. They'll drag you down to their level and beat you with experience ~

Follow us on Twitter @skyuser

Nigelh is offline Sky User Beta tester
      Exchange: Hitchin
      Broadband ISP: Mid
      Router: Netgear V1 DG834GT
      Sky TV: and Multiroom
      Thanks

It states on the web site, that to get it for 75 you have to take the 10 HD Subscription as well. No use to me as I don't have a HD TV yet.

skypaulusplus Guest
      Exchange:
      Broadband ISP:
      Router:
      Sky TV:

you have got to be kidding, ive just bought a refurb (1st model tompson) off ebay +p&p for 135 quid,sky have screwed me up 6 times now , maybe im a new messiagh and im going to me hung.
      ahhhhh
      ive got 1 mix + multiroom + sky plus + going to be hd soon but i dont want to pay another tenner to have hd channels added, because if i do then they will proboabily drop the hd subs for existing cust when i pay (bullet into brain) oh and movie 1/2 price 4 3 months

skypaulusplus Guest
      Exchange:
      Broadband ISP:
      Router:
      Sky TV:

had an idea, could this be a scheme to get rid of the boxes that wont handle or be bad at using the new epg?

Sky TV:
      Thanks

Quote Originally Posted by skypaulusplus View Post
      ive just bought a refurb (1st model tompson) off ebay +p&p for 135 quid
      going to be hd soon but i dont want to pay another tenner to have hd channels added
      So without the HD subs, will you still get BBC HD with the eBay box?

skypaulusplus Guest
      Exchange:
      Broadband ISP:
      Router:
      Sky TV:

yeah i will get luxe , bbc and ch4 hd i think

Sky TV:
      Thanks

Quote Originally Posted by skypaulusplus View Post
      yeah i will get luxe , bbc and ch4 hd i think
      Once you've got your eBay box, will you please confirm that you can get those HD channels.

Thanks

skypaulusplus Guest
      Exchange:
      Broadband ISP:
      Router:
      Sky TV:

got it today, its going back,i got luxe, bbc, ch4, mychannel
      im going to concider getting one from sky

Page 1 of 7 123 ... LastLast