Your forum username:
Do you already have an account?
Forgot your password?

Welcome to Sky User - The Unofficial Support Forum for everything Sky! - Proudly helping over 63k members.

Advertisement

Page 4 of 7 FirstFirst ... 23456 ... LastLast

Sky+ HD Box is now Half Price

This is a discussion on Sky+ HD Box is now Half Price within the Sky news and announcements forums, part of the SkyUser Announcements category; im always being hung up on when on to bt , three and sky they all are againts skyuser users ...

skypaulusplus Guest
      Exchange:
      Broadband ISP:
      Router:
      Sky TV:

Re: Sky+ HD Box is now Half Price

im always being hung up on when on to bt , three and sky
      they all are againts skyuser users me thinks

2. Advertisement
      xoox is offline Sky User Member
      Exchange: Northolt
      Broadband ISP: Base
      Router: Netgear V2 DG934G
      Sky TV:
      Thanks

Quote Originally Posted by skypaulusplus View Post
      ring again and get someone else, i said
      ME:hello im ringing to get the/upgrade to the sky hd 75 pound plus 30 pound install offer
      SKY:yes ok and passes to install people
      ME: repeat myself
      SKY: ok and take payment

Try Again on 01506 831 006
      Is the total payment 105, and you avoided the 10 per month HD subs? Was the HD subs ever mentioned by Sky's staff?

What subs did you already have before ordering the HD box? Don't mean to pry but maybe you already have multi-room, movie subs etc? I only have the basic 1 mix subs.

skypaulusplus Guest
      Exchange:
      Broadband ISP:
      Router:
      Sky TV:

yes he confirmed 75 for the box and 30 install(twice) but im going to try for the 15 credit on the website so i cancelled.
      i had 1 mix and multiroom and had added movies a few days before ,i tried to get the 5pm for 3 months , well i couldnt cause i didnt get the leaflet ,but i got half price movies for 3 months because i was on 1 mix.
      when i tried it on the website is detailed my offer on the movies when i clicked upgrade my package, i pay 7.50 until 23/12( ooooh)then im cancelling.
      anyway the first people said after i have told them what i want- thats with the hd mix subscription(but didnt say 12 months or anything like it)

so to summarise - if you want cheap movies ask about the 1 mix half price offer(then cancel in december) and then try again online , if not then ring up and be firm..(listen carefully if they say 12 hd subs to you?)

Robbo is offline Member
      Exchange: E. port
      Broadband ISP: Mid
      Router: Netgear V1 DG834GT
      Sky TV: Sky+HD box
      Thanks

Quote Originally Posted by dustofnations View Post
      Hi,

I absolutely can't believe I just experienced this, but a short story for you...

I've been following your thread with great interest in order to get a good deal on a new sky box and multiroom sub for for my grandparents house. Anyway I went through the online signup form and got the following error (even after multiple attempts)

So, I called the number, as shown, the first attempt I got through to someone who agreed that they would give the deal as shown online because of the error. He said he was going to forward me to another department to sort it out, however the line dropped after a few minutes waiting, and I had to redial...

This is when the story gets weird; on the second occasion I was put through to a middle aged sounding women who was rather well spoken. I explained the situation, and unbelievably she said "no, we can't offer that, you'll have to pay 60 installation", to which i retorted that it wasn't my fault their online system was faulty and wasn't processing my order, and she said "well they have to pay my wages you know!"...

I couldn't believe it lol, she went on to basically say that it was unreasonable for me to suggest that I should get the offer over the phone as the on-line because I would be skimming her wages?!

I then told her it was not my fault or problem that their web division hadn't gotten their system working properly, and clearly I was not responsible for paying her wages... She said I should try again online tomorrow or something.

I was left rather taken aback!
      Yesterday, online I also got the same message, Error we are sorry ring--- blah-- blah tried to ring, got the dreaded we will answer asap music, then the line went dead, tried again today and got the same result. So I did not even get he chance to speak to anybody think I'll leave it for now

JT_Mech is offline Sky User Member
      Exchange: 01753
      Broadband ISP: Sky Fibre Unlimited
      Router: Sky Hub SR101
      Thanks

Will I be able to order this even if my current Sky box is the original give-a-way one and not a Sky+ box?

NewsreadeR is offline Site Founder
      Exchange: Marshalls Cross
      Broadband ISP: Sky Broadband Unlimited
      Router: Sagem F@ST 2504n
      Thanks
      Blog Entries

Yes. The offer is open to everyone.

~ Never, ever, argue with an idiot. They'll drag you down to their level and beat you with experience ~

Follow us on Twitter @skyuser

skypaulusplus Guest
      Exchange:
      Broadband ISP:
      Router:
      Sky TV:

yep i asked to upgrade the standard (free) one

Thanks

Just put my order in online for next Tuesday Will Sky replace the original cable when they run the second cable around the house from the LNB or is that down to me! (to be real nice to the installation guy!)

NewsreadeR is offline Site Founder
      Exchange: Marshalls Cross
      Broadband ISP: Sky Broadband Unlimited
      Router: Sagem F@ST 2504n
      Thanks
      Blog Entries

Ask the installer to use dual core cable, that way you only need one cable instead of two.

~ Never, ever, argue with an idiot. They'll drag you down to their level and beat you with experience ~

Follow us on Twitter @skyuser

Thanks

Will do, Thanks for that, I take it duel core is the standard stuff for Sky+ and HD installs these days?

Page 4 of 7 FirstFirst ... 23456 ... LastLast