Your forum username:
Do you already have an account?
Forgot your password?

Welcome to Sky User - The Unofficial Support Forum for everything Sky! - Proudly helping over 63k members.

Advertisement

Page 3 of 7 FirstFirst 12345 ... LastLast

Sky+ HD Box is now Half Price

This is a discussion on Sky+ HD Box is now Half Price within the Sky news and announcements forums, part of the SkyUser Announcements category; , i have not ordered it yet, need to wait for my refund from ebay. the hd subs might be ...

skypaulusplus Guest
      Exchange:
      Broadband ISP:
      Router:
      Sky TV:

Re: Sky+ HD Box is now Half Price

, i have not ordered it yet, need to wait for my refund from ebay. the hd subs might be alright for the new movies,ill try it and i know the installer team for this area, they are always shifting boxes and getting the new ones, so i ask for a NEW samsung or a pace

2. Advertisement
      dustofnations is offline Sky User Member
      Exchange: NEEHN
      Broadband ISP: Not on Sky
      Router: Netgear V2 DG934G
      Sky TV: Sky Basic
      Thanks

Hi,

I absolutely can't believe I just experienced this, but a short story for you...

I've been following your thread with great interest in order to get a good deal on a new sky box and multiroom sub for for my grandparents house. Anyway I went through the online signup form and got the following error (even after multiple attempts)

ERROR
      We Are Sorry

Unfortunately, we are currently unable to continue with your order online. Please call one of the following numbers to continue:

New customers: 08442 411 268.

Existing customers:
      For TV equipment: 08442 411 333.
      For TV channel mixes: 08442 415 161.
      To add Sky Broadband or Sky Talk: 08442 410 583.
      So, I called the number, as shown, the first attempt I got through to someone who agreed that they would give the deal as shown online because of the error. He said he was going to forward me to another department to sort it out, however the line dropped after a few minutes waiting, and I had to redial...

This is when the story gets weird; on the second occasion I was put through to a middle aged sounding women who was rather well spoken. I explained the situation, and unbelievably she said "no, we can't offer that, you'll have to pay 60 installation", to which i retorted that it wasn't my fault their online system was faulty and wasn't processing my order, and she said "well they have to pay my wages you know!"...

I couldn't believe it lol, she went on to basically say that it was unreasonable for me to suggest that I should get the offer over the phone as the on-line because I would be skimming her wages?!

I then told her it was not my fault or problem that their web division hadn't gotten their system working properly, and clearly I was not responsible for paying her wages... She said I should try again online tomorrow or something.

I was left rather taken aback!

skypaulusplus Guest
      Exchange:
      Broadband ISP:
      Router:
      Sky TV:

ring again and get someone else, i said
      ME:hello im ringing to get the/upgrade to the sky hd 75 pound plus 30 pound install offer
      SKY:yes ok and passes to install people
      ME: repeat myself
      SKY: ok and take payment

Try Again on 01506 831 006
      Last edited by skypaulusplus; 26-09-08 at 10:12 PM. Reason: :ok turned to a smiley

NewsreadeR is offline Site Founder
      Exchange: Marshalls Cross
      Broadband ISP: Sky Broadband Unlimited
      Router: Sagem F@ST 2504n
      Sky TV: Sky+HD box
      Thanks
      Blog Entries

Unfortunately, Sky are renown for not telling their staff what is going on. You can't blame the staff, however for us the customers, it is just so annoying.

I would try again tomorrow, or at any chance you have of doing so. The offer is definitely on, and even in the terms and conditions, it doesn't say you have to order online. Only if you want the 15 credit do you need to.

lol - our site is being battered with banners / adverts for the offer, so it is genuinely available.

~ Never, ever, argue with an idiot. They'll drag you down to their level and beat you with experience ~

Follow us on Twitter @skyuser

Thanks

ah we decided to use the same deal but with sky+ only (not hd).. same number good sir paul?

skypaulusplus Guest
      Exchange:
      Broadband ISP:
      Router:
      Sky TV:

i spoke to somal to confirm 1st he said yes
      i spoke to sam to order he said yes
      i spoke to dave for install he said yes(i had to cancel)

wooop woooooooop

Thanks

Quote Originally Posted by NewsreadeR View Post
      Unfortunately, Sky are renown for not telling their staff what is going on. You can't blame the staff, however for us the customers, it is just so annoying.

I would try again tomorrow, or at any chance you have of doing so. The offer is definitely on, and even in the terms and conditions, it doesn't say you have to order online. Only if you want the 15 credit do you need to.

lol - our site is being battered with banners / adverts for the offer, so it is genuinely available.
      lol i just thought it was incredible she was saying i would be cutting her wages by getting the online offer. she obviously isn't an economist...

i'm still in a queue ergh

oh and according to the online system we should get free activation on the bb connection because we're ordering a new box..

I'll try that number just now, gave up on the other number after being on hold for 15 minutes
      Last edited by dustofnations; 26-09-08 at 10:25 PM.

Thanks

Quote Originally Posted by skypaulusplus View Post
      ring again and get someone else, i said
      ME:hello im ringing to get the/upgrade to the sky hd 75 pound plus 30 pound install offer
      SKY:yes ok and passes to install people
      ME: repeat myself
      SKY: ok and take payment

Try Again on 01506 831 006
      I love you man lol,

seriously finally got it sorted out, the girl on the line sorted it all out quickly (quite a nice voice reading me the T&C lol). She said the offer was on the system so she doesn't know what the other woman was on about...

Thanks a load guys, really appreciate it.

I was tempted to have a moan about the 15 but I thought it wasn't worth the hassle.

I admit I found it slightly amusing to be told about how the broadband connection works when I'm a third year Computing Science student :-), but it's just procedure at the end of the day.

NewsreadeR is offline Site Founder
      Exchange: Marshalls Cross
      Broadband ISP: Sky Broadband Unlimited
      Router: Sagem F@ST 2504n
      Sky TV: Sky+HD box
      Thanks
      Blog Entries

Great news

I think its just a case of getting through to someone who knows how to work the system, or read what's on the screen.

Its amazing sometimes, one person won't do the offer, but another one would.

Just watch your credit card statement, when I bought one the other week, it was the 75 plus 30 deal, however I got charged 135. I did finally get a refund though after about a week of asking. (not saying it will happen, but it did on mine)

~ Never, ever, argue with an idiot. They'll drag you down to their level and beat you with experience ~

Follow us on Twitter @skyuser

Thanks

Quote Originally Posted by NewsreadeR View Post
      Great news

I think its just a case of getting through to someone who knows how to work the system, or read what's on the screen.

Its amazing sometimes, one person won't do the offer, but another one would.

Just watch your credit card statement, when I bought one the other week, it was the 75 plus 30 deal, however I got charged 135. I did finally get a refund though after about a week of asking. (not saying it will happen, but it did on mine)
      I forgot to add to the original post another strange thing the second [difficult] agent said. After I'd explained to her the previous agent had said the same deal would be offered no problem and would put me through to the correct department but the line dropped. She said "well that says something about the whole thing then doesn't it" ... That is she was insinuating the guy had dropped the phonecall on me on purpose because I was fabricating the whole thing! lol

Anyway thank goodness that is over, I was moderately traumatised for a while :P

Page 3 of 7 FirstFirst 12345 ... LastLast