Your forum username:
Do you already have an account?
Forgot your password?

Welcome to Sky User - The Unofficial Support Forum for everything Sky! - Proudly helping over 63k members.

Advertisement

Page 3 of 6 FirstFirst 12345 ... LastLast

SkyTalk Changes effective 15th April 2008 (& 1st July)

This is a discussion on SkyTalk Changes effective 15th April 2008 (& 1st July) within the Sky news and announcements forums, part of the SkyUser Announcements category; Originally Posted by pntalbot8 You say `Inclusive Calls count as Chargeable--excuse my ignorance, but what is an Inclusive Call. The ...

Heinz is offline Sky User Member
      Exchange: EAELC
      Broadband ISP: Not on Sky - only the (expensive) 'connect' available in my area.
      Router: Non Sky Router
      Sky TV: Entertainment+
      Thanks

Re: SkyTalk Changes effective 15th April 2008 (& 1st July)

Quote Originally Posted by pntalbot8 View Post
      You say `Inclusive Calls count as Chargeable--excuse my ignorance, but what is an Inclusive Call.
      The Unlimited Weekend Plan (BT Together Option 1) - inclusive weekend UK 01/02/03 calls;

The Unlimited Evening & Weekend Plan (BT Together Option 2) - inclusive evening and weekend UK 01/02/03 calls;

The Unlimited Anytime Plan (BT Together Option 3) - inclusive anytime UK 01/02/03 calls.
      Want to save on your phone costs? Click HERE then.

2. Advertisement
      bbb_uk is offline Sky User Member
      Exchange:
      Broadband ISP: Not on Sky
      Router:
      Sky TV:
      Thanks

Quote Originally Posted by Heinz View Post
      I use BT for those calls at the weekend so as to qualify for free Caller Display (apparently, inclusive calls count as chargeable calls for that purpose).
      Can you confirm this is true that making calls to geographical numbers at the weekend counts towards qualifying for free caller display. From my mind, I thought it was 'chargable' calls and as such geographical calls, because they're included in the plan, aren't chargable.

Broadband ISP: Not on Sky - only the (expensive) 'connect' available in my area.
      Thanks

I base that on what Drunkstar (a BT employee who has permission to post on MSE) has said - see HERE.

lindakay is offline Sky User Member
      Exchange: farnwoth North West
      Broadband ISP: Max
      Router:
      Sky TV:
      Thanks

Quote Originally Posted by lindakay View Post
      i was on sky talk then i got my on line rental bill from bt and notice a charge of 3.45 so i rang them. i was told because i have the line rental from them yet calls are from sky i have to prefix a number and make a minimum of 4 calls. though bt to keep my line rental only charge.
      my son has just looked at his bill and he to has been charged 3.45 from bt so he rang and got the told the same as i got. the reason being that they say they sent notification of this via post yet i have never recived any nor has my son i think they have a cheek. has anyone else checked there bt bill to see if they have been charged extra besides the standard line rental ?
      my son is on option 1with bt so was i, both on the 5.00 sky option sky anytime yet had money added to the bill because we have calls with sky

Thanks

my son is on option 1with bt so was i, both on the 5.00 sky option sky anytime yet had money added to the bill because we have calls with sky
      As you still (sensibly) have line rental with BT, you'll be on BT Together Option 1 (now known as the Unlimited Weekend Plan). That gives you inclusive (free) UK 01/02/03 calls of up to an hour each at the weekend so all you have to do is make the required number of such calls at the weekend with the 1280 prefix.

lindakay is offline Sky User Member
      Exchange: farnwoth North West
      Router:
      Sky TV:
      Thanks

i contacted sky about the prefix number and they said that bt are breaking the law as they no nothing about this prefix number as they have read the terms and conditions and can find no ref to it
      people that arn't aware of the prefix number and pay via direct debit & paper free bills plus don't bother to veiw there bills don't relise that they are paying a charge for using sky for all there calls

Thanks

i contacted sky about the prefix number and they said that bt are breaking the law as they no nothing about this prefix number as they have read the terms and conditions and can find no ref to it
      people that arn't aware of the prefix number and pay via direct debit & paper free bills plus don't bother to veiw there bills don't relise that they are paying a charge for using sky for all there calls
      Don't believe everything you're told (especially by a rival telecoms provider).

BT even advertise the 1280 prefix - see HERE.
      * BT Privacy helps stop unwanted sales calls by registering you with the Telephone Preference Service and giving you BT Caller Display at no extra charge. From 1st October 2006, customers who do not make some chargeable calls with BT will be charged for BT Caller Display. Customers with other call providers can still benefit from BT Caller Display at no extra cost if the following calls are made (excludes calls made with BT Broadband Talk). Customers who are billed monthly must make at least two chargeable calls with BT in that month, other wise BT reserves the right to charge 1.75 a month for BT Caller Display. Customers who are billed every three months must make at least six chargeable calls within those three months, otherwise BT reserves the right to charge 5.25 a quarter.
      If you do not currently make calls with BT and would like to start making your calls with us again, please call 0800 121 8088. Alternatively, if you would like to make one-off calls that are chargeable to your BT bill then simply dial the numbers 1280 before you dial the phone number you wish to call.
      Last edited by Heinz; 02-04-08 at 08:44 AM.

Meteosat is offline Sky User Beta tester
      Exchange: Porthcawl (S.Wales)
      Broadband ISP: BT INFINITY
      Sky TV: Sky+HD box
      Thanks

I saw this on another forum:

The title says it all really except

...from July 1st 2008.

Letter received yesterday saying that all calls to Sky call centres, including support if on Sky BB, will be free!

The bad news, huge increase in charges for non-Sky 0845 and 0870 numbers. Don't use them often but we'll have to check whether Orange is cheaper for these, and also refer to www.saynoto0870.com ;-)

Sky giveth & Sky taketh away...

Is that really true - free calls to Sky support from July 1st - I don't have enough privileges apprently to post this as a separate thread, but I hope someone picks this up and confirms/denies etc.

Cheers

Netgeezer is offline Sky User Member
      Exchange:
      Router: Netgear V2 DG934G
      Sky TV:
      Thanks

Quote Originally Posted by Meteosat View Post
      Is that really true - free calls to Sky support from July 1st - I don't have enough privileges apprently to post this as a separate thread, but I hope someone picks this up and confirms/denies etc.

Cheers
      Yes - consider it confirmed But that is only if the calls are made on Sky Talk.
      It's not that I'm so smart, it's just that I stay with problems longer.
      [Albert Einstein]

ADSL Nation XF-1e filter - the dogs nuts

NewsreadeR is offline Site Founder
      Exchange: Marshalls Cross
      Broadband ISP: Sky Broadband Unlimited
      Router: Sagem F@ST 2504n
      Sky TV: Sky+HD box
      Thanks
      Blog Entries

I don't have enough privileges apprently to post this as a separate thread, but I hope someone picks this up and confirms/denies etc.
      Only in any of the Website / Sky section of the forums. By design Normally if a story is worth it, a Mod will move it from whatever section you post it in into this section. Replies are fine though, just opening new threads.

~ Never, ever, argue with an idiot. They'll drag you down to their level and beat you with experience ~

Follow us on Twitter @skyuser

Page 3 of 6 FirstFirst 12345 ... LastLast

LinkBacks (?)

1. 09-06-13, 10:49 AM
    2. 20-03-13, 03:00 PM
    3. 14-11-11, 04:43 AM
    4. 20-08-08, 11:59 AM
    5. 06-08-08, 02:36 PM
    6. 29-05-08, 08:07 PM
    7. 04-05-08, 02:47 PM
    8. 28-04-08, 03:53 PM
    9. 27-04-08, 10:01 PM