Your forum username:
Do you already have an account?
Forgot your password?

Welcome to Sky User - The Unofficial Support Forum for everything Sky! - Proudly helping over 63k members.

Advertisement

Page 19 of 48 FirstFirst ... 9171819202129 ... LastLast

Sky Phase 1 Firmware upgrade confirmed!!!!

This is a discussion on Sky Phase 1 Firmware upgrade confirmed!!!! within the Sky news and announcements forums, part of the SkyUser Announcements category; Cheers thanks for the reply its just frustrating tbh, and to reply to other posts yeah common sence does tell ...

bulldog is offline Sky User Member
      Exchange: WNCSN
      Broadband ISP: Max
      Router:
      Sky TV:
      Thanks

Re: Sky Phase 1 Firmware upgrade confirmed!!!!

Cheers thanks for the reply its just frustrating tbh, and to reply to other posts yeah common sence does tell me why its a staged roll out tbh.
      I dont expect people who have not had canstant drop outs or web connecting but no webpages loading ect to understand.
      For me it was all cured by flashing the router with netgears own firmware, and as soon as i flashed back to skys it all starts again.
      Then to come home today from a 14 hour shift only to have the kids moaning about how it has droped all day and they cant get on the net.
      God only knows when we will get the upgrade, anyway i have just flashed it to James67 version and i haope that works while we wait.
      I have noticed a reduction in speed james is that normal ? i will see how stable it is for us tomorrow as im off but cheers anyway.
      One thing i do know if the new sky firmware is no better i will flash back to netgears own and if sky dont like it they can kick me off if they wish as my contract is over.
      Last edited by Saturday; 28-03-08 at 11:32 PM.
      Sky bb Max

2. Advertisement
      joe pineapples is offline Sky User Member
      Exchange: SLBAL. (Balby)
      Broadband ISP: Sky Unlimited
      Router: Sky Hub SR102
      Sky TV: Sky+HD box
      Thanks

I flashed my V1 a while back to the normal Netgear firmware, and not had any problems since (used to slowdown after so long for whatever reason). I just hope when sky try to flash it again, it is ignored, as i'm happy with it as is.

Router:
      Sky TV:
      Thanks

It wont flash it mate as your on netgears own but from whats been said on here your account will be flaged up and they could kick you under the terms and conditions.
      If im wrong i guess someone will correct me ? I went back to the original sky firmware and the problems started straight away.
      I have now udated to james67 firmware for the time being as that will still update. i will give skys new driver ago but if i find them no better then im back off to netgears.
      Last edited by Saturday; 28-03-08 at 11:33 PM.
      Sky bb Max

Helpmeplease is offline Sky User Member
      Exchange:
      Broadband ISP: BT Broadband Option 1 (not for much longer)
      Router: Non Sky Router
      Sky TV: Sky+ HD
      Thanks

I would suspect Sky will use the Firmware update to clear up their RAS Account Lists & I suspect that Sky will be sending a lot of snotty letters out, asking why the original router is either not connected or left on.

It will be interesting to see how they tackle the people who haven't got their original routers.

I'm suspecting that Sky will send a snotty letter to all of those who have not got the original router (or the official firmware) and threaten to charge customers the full price for the subsidised Netgear router and of that doesn't work, then they will cease their service without warning (as they will be allowed to do this, as the person concerned has already broken the contract).

Usual story, that they do with the Sky TV Boxes on Multiroom e.g. snotty letter, warn of a fine and if no luck - disconnect you.

Router:
      Sky TV:
      Thanks

How will they do that if ppl are out of contract like myself all they can do is cease service.
      I'm not saying i wont give the new firmware a try but under the current firmware i am not getting the service, under netgears firmware i am, so whos at fault ?
      Also so far under james67 firmware i am, i will give the new firmware a try but if i hit the same problems then what do they expect me todo?
      Use a firware that i know works gives me the connection and service that i require or use a firmware that continues to drop out and create problems and spend s on tec support ? and why do i care about there RAS Account Lists thats there problem not mine.
      Just to add i wish my router would stay on or connected under its current firmware thank god for netgears and james67 because sky s does'nt give me the service at all atm
      Last edited by Saturday; 29-03-08 at 12:32 PM. Reason: Removed full quote of preceding post
      Sky bb Max

richone54 is offline Sky User Member
      Exchange: watford
      Broadband ISP: Virgin
      Sky TV: Other
      Thanks

why dont we wait and see if or when sky enforce the T&C's, as far as i can see, if they enforce it you either use the supplied router & FW or you leave and join another ISP.
      for the moment they do not seem to clamp down on this and who knows, in the future they may well change them and let people use there own router but with no support (which would open a new can of worms with many frustrated people complaining about having no support)

RickyC is offline Sky User Member
      Exchange: Salford
      Broadband ISP: Mid/JNET
      Router: Sky Hub SR101
      Thanks

Quote Originally Posted by Helpmeplease View Post
      I would suspect Sky will use the Firmware update to clear up their RAS Account Lists & I suspect that Sky will be sending a lot of snotty letters out, asking why the original router is either not connected or left on.

It will be interesting to see how they tackle the people who haven't got their original routers.

I'm suspecting that Sky will send a snotty letter to all of those who have not got the original router (or the official firmware) and threaten to charge customers the full price for the subsidised Netgear router and of that doesn't work, then they will cease their service without warning (as they will be allowed to do this, as the person concerned has already broken the contract).

Usual story, that they do with the Sky TV Boxes on Multiroom e.g. snotty letter, warn of a fine and if no luck - disconnect you.

I will be worried if this starts to happen as sometimes my sky router is turned off for 3 weeks when I am not at home.

Router:
      Sky TV:
      Thanks

Quote Originally Posted by richone54 View Post
      why dont we wait and see if or when sky enforce the T&C's, as far as i can see, if they enforce it you either use the supplied router & FW or you leave and join another ISP.
      for the moment they do not seem to clamp down on this and who knows, in the future they may well change them and let people use there own router but with no support (which would open a new can of worms with many frustrated people complaining about having no support)
      Its not opened a can of worms yet and many people are useing there own routers or third party firmware.
      And guessing whats been posted from the orginal poster and the email sky will monitor and clamp down
      One thing sky should be thankfull for the people on this site and the people that have got round alot of the problems because they have saved them alot of grief and Cancellations long live sky users
      Last edited by bulldog; 29-03-08 at 12:54 AM.
      Sky bb Max

richone54 is offline Sky User Member
      Exchange: watford
      Broadband ISP: Virgin
      Sky TV: Other
      Thanks

^^ i would imagine most people who do that have a much greater understanding of routers than the average joe bloggs

Luffer is offline Sky User Member
      Exchange: Hailsham
      Broadband ISP: Sky Fibre Unlimited
      Router: Sky Hub SR101
      Thanks

Do the terms & conditions state the router should be left on then? It's news to me if that's the case!

Frankly if Sky do start to enforce the rather ridiculous T&Cs they will be the ones who lose customers. I don't really see that they will bother to do this, particularly when forcing people to use a certain piece of hardware is already on slightly shaky ground. I think they will leave it in the T&Cs, but not try to enforce it. It's fair enough to refuse tech support if people aren't using the supported equipment, but otherwise let people get on with it!

Page 19 of 48 FirstFirst ... 9171819202129 ... LastLast