Your forum username:
Do you already have an account?
Forgot your password?

Welcome to Sky User - The Unofficial Support Forum for everything Sky! - Proudly helping over 63k members.

Advertisement

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Important Sky Consumer Offer Changes

This is a discussion on Important Sky Consumer Offer Changes within the Sky news and announcements forums, part of the SkyUser Announcements category; Sky has important pricing changes that come into affect on Tuesday January 8th. Key Changes Summarised Sky+ box costs * ...

NewsreadeR is offline Site Founder
      Exchange: Marshalls Cross
      Broadband ISP: Sky Broadband Unlimited
      Router: Sagem F@ST 2504n
      Sky TV: Sky+HD box
      Thanks
      Blog Entries

Important Sky Consumer Offer Changes

Sky has important pricing changes that come into affect on Tuesday January 8th.

Key Changes Summarised Sky+ box costs

* Sky+ for £49 - when taken with Broadband, Talk and Multiroom is no longer available.
      * The other price points for Sky+ remain the same.

Sky HD box costs

* Sky HD when taken with Broadband and Talk/or Multiroom will cost £199 (was £249)
      * Standalone Sky HD box remains £299
      * HD tenure pricing will no longer be offered to existing customers from 8 Jan
      * Further updates to the HD box pricing will be required 1 February

Broadband waivers

* Currently, users offered Broadband Connect donít have to take Sky Broadband to qualify for the Sky+/HD differential pricing that would have been available if they had taken Broadband. For example, they would only need to take Sky TV and Talk to get Sky+ for £99.
      * From 8 January, the requirement to take Broadband will only be waived for Offnet customers.
      * All other users offered Connect will be required to take Broadband to qualify for the differential pricing Ė this includes Midnet, Futurenet and Soldout. DSL messages will need to be updated for these responses.

Promise to pay

* New customers have a £30 install cost for any Sky TV equipment weekdays, and £60 weekend.
      * Exception: New customers who join Sky TV online will pay £30 for weekend or weekday install. This pricing will not be offered through the call centres if users call one of the numbers shown online.
      * Existing customers have a £60 install cost for any Sky TV equipment, weekend or weekdays.
      * Exception: The new existing customer install pricing will be effective in Direct from 1 January, Online (and other channels) will reflect the pricing from 8 January.

Broadband activation costs

* Broadband activation charges are being introduced for Existing customers taking Broadband with no TV equipment
      * Where Broadband is bought in the same transaction as TV equipment, the Broadband Activation fee is waived. The customer will be charged a £60 set up cost for the TV install.

SkyUser - The Unofficial Help and Support Forum for everything Sky! - Important Sky Consumer Offer Changes

~ Never, ever, argue with an idiot. They'll drag you down to their level and beat you with experience ~

Follow us on Twitter @skyuser

2. Advertisement
      paulcarrm9mx is offline Sky User Member
      Exchange:
      Broadband ISP: Max
      Router: Non Sky Router
      Sky TV: Sky Basic
      Thanks
      Blog Entries

Re: Important Sky Consumer Offer Changes

hi can you bullet point his article so that the most intresting point are easy to understand. EG: .BROADBAND FEES NOW APPLY FROM DATE

Thanks
      Blog Entries

They are numbered on the article now, they were bulleted as I copied the whole article to this forum, but obviously something went wrong during that process.

~ Never, ever, argue with an idiot. They'll drag you down to their level and beat you with experience ~

WelshBluebird is offline Sky User Member
      Exchange: SWTDU
      Router: Sagem F@ST 2504
      Sky TV:
      Thanks

So is this in addition to the changes to the broadband activation fees (£60 for base, £30 for mid and free for max)? Or the info in this link now incorrect?
      SkyUser - The Unofficial Help and Support Forum for everything Sky! - Sky Broadband Pricing - 8th January 2008

Thanks
      Blog Entries

Both articles I have posted have come from two different sources, everything I know has been published. I assume we will receive further clarification in due course. As to be honest it looks a little confusing.

edit:

Broadband activation charges are being introduced for Existing customers taking Broadband with no TV equipment
      I would assume that the activation charges published in the link you have provided will apply to existing customers. IE if they just order Broadband and no additional services as per this:

Where Broadband is bought in the same transaction as TV equipment, the Broadband Activation fee is waived. The customer will be charged a £60 set up cost for the TV install.
      Last edited by NewsreadeR; 28-12-07 at 06:43 PM.

WelshBluebird is offline Sky User Member
      Exchange: SWTDU
      Router: Sagem F@ST 2504
      Sky TV:
      Thanks

Little confused now. If I go to the customer upgrade part of the sky website and select any of the 3 broadband options (base, mid or max) then the setup fee shows as £40 (despite the small print at the bottom still saying £30).

Any idea if this a glitch, or are sky changing it to £40 for all packages?

vRS
      vRS is offline Sky User Member
      Exchange:
      Broadband ISP: Mid
      Router: Netgear V2 DG934G
      Sky TV: Sky+
      Thanks

I called them today to sign up to Mid broadband and the girl said that their systems are saying £40, which i would be charged, and them be refunded £10, as it is meant to be £30. I just said i would think about it and call back.

dms05 is offline Sky User Beta tester
      Exchange: 0151
      Broadband ISP: Other ISP
      Sky TV: Other
      Thanks

HD tenure pricing - can someone explain what this means?

James67 is offline Sky User Member
      Exchange:
      Broadband ISP: Other ISP
      Sky TV: Freesat
      Thanks
      Blog Entries

Quote Originally Posted by dms05 View Post
      HD tenure pricing - can someone explain what this means?
      I guessing that that's the thing where you can get a Sky HD box for less than the normal price, according to how many years you've been a Sky TV customer.

ononotagain is offline Sky User Member
      Exchange: 01296
      Broadband ISP: Connect
      Router:
      Sky TV:
      Thanks

Quote Originally Posted by vRS View Post
      I called them today to sign up to Mid broadband and the girl said that their systems are saying £40, which i would be charged, and them be refunded £10, as it is meant to be £30. I just said i would think about it and call back.

i got the same when applying for connect and was refunded the £10 same day..crazy but true!

Are SKY workers on Drugs?

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast