Your forum username:
Do you already have an account?
Forgot your password?

Welcome to Sky User - The Unofficial Support Forum for everything Sky! - Proudly helping over 63k members.

Advertisement

Page 9 of 35 FirstFirst ... 789101119 ... LastLast

Sky Have Listened To The Gamers

This is a discussion on Sky Have Listened To The Gamers within the Sky news and announcements forums, part of the SkyUser Announcements category; Unfortunately I had less pleasent experience with Tier 1. Phone call 1 (Yesterday 16:00): I asked for max delays value ...

empo is offline Sky User Member
      Exchange: Bridgwater
      Broadband ISP: Mid
      Router:
      Sky TV:
      Thanks

Angry Re: Sky Have Listened To The Gamers

Unfortunately I had less pleasent experience with Tier 1.

Phone call 1 (Yesterday 16:00): I asked for max delays value to be reduced to improve my gaming experience. The response I got was "we don't support gaming/xbox live" and "if you can browse the internet then there's no problem and nothing I can do". I kindly asked if should could send a message to Tier 3 and she flatly refused. Irene Cruze her name was. Very rude and unhelpful.

Phone call 2 (Yesterday 20:00): Again tried to explain the above to a different Tier 1 rep. He was clueless. So I basically had to lie to him and say my internet connection was slow. He then proceeded to go through the tedious troubleshooting script which then prompted him to try and put me through to Tier 3. I spent the standard 2 mins on hold then was told I would be called back in 3-5days.

Phone call 3 (Yesterday 21:00): Due to the fact I had to lie about my internet connection earlier, I knew Tier 3 would not get the correct facts about what I really wanted. So I called again to add a note to the ticket. I spoke to someone in a UK call centre which was so much more pleasant (the non-UK one is so noisy!) and said "look, I don't have a problem with my internet connection I just want you to add a note to the ticket saying I need the max delay setting reduced for gaming". Again I got the response "we don't support gaming and if your can browse the internet then there is no problem to escalate". To which I replied in a firm polite manner "just put the message on the ticket and I will be be happy customer, isn't that what your supposed to do? make me happy?". She said she would add the note to the ticket and the call ended.

I now wait in hope that Tier 3 got my message and my request will be implemented. I just find it so frustrating the lengths you have to go to just to able to enjoy using your internet connection the way you want to.

Sky really need to sort it out!!!!

[rant over]

I feel better now

great site btw.

2. Advertisement
      speedloafer is offline Sky User Member
      Exchange:
      Broadband ISP: Base
      Router:
      Sky TV:
      Thanks

Re: Sky Have Listened To The Gamers

ok I just checked checked my ping on speedtest and its 159ms, From what i can gather in this thread that is really bad. I'm playing cod4 at the moment and although i don't get lags i do get times when im sure i shot/stabbed an opponent first and then find out im the dead one.
      Looks like i contact sky tomorrow then.

Can anybody explain what to do for us non techies.

From what i can gather I ring sky BB tech support, tell them i would like to speak to tier 3, and ask tier 3 to reduce my ping as my gaming is suffering. By the way if they give me the well you can browse the net then its fine line, ill politely explain that if i wanted dial up i would get it.

On another note, i notice sky are still using the 0870 numbers, I have a number I use to contact them (not 0870). 01506421825.
      I was asked to choose an option, I did nothing was then asked again and I did nothing, was then asked to key in my telephone number again I did nothing this was repeated and after doing nothing I was put in to the customer services queue and after holding for a while. If this number is already on the site then im sorry.
      Last edited by speedloafer; 17-11-07 at 02:32 AM. Reason: speeling

NewsreadeR is offline Site Founder
      Exchange: Marshalls Cross
      Broadband ISP: Sky Broadband Unlimited
      Router: Sagem F@ST 2504n
      Sky TV: Sky+HD box
      Thanks
      Blog Entries

From what i can gather I ring sky BB tech support, tell them i would like to speak to tier 3, and ask tier 3 to reduce my ping as my gaming is suffering. By the way if they give me the well you can browse the net then its fine line, ill politely explain that if i wanted dial up i would get it.
      Is pretty much what you have to do. You may have to go through some simple checks etc. Tip: Try ringing very early or very late, from what we have read, you will have more chance of getting through to T3.

The other method you could try is the online form

http://www.sky.com/portal/site/skycom/kana

~ Never, ever, argue with an idiot. They'll drag you down to their level and beat you with experience ~

Follow us on Twitter @skyuser

SimpleRules is offline Sky User Member
      Exchange:
      Broadband ISP: Max
      Router: Netgear V1 DG834GT
      Sky TV: Sky Basic
      Thanks

Quote Originally Posted by speedloafer View Post
      ok I just checked checked my ping on speedtest and its 159ms, From what i can gather in this thread that is really bad. I'm playing cod4 at the moment and although i don't get lags i do get times when im sure i shot/stabbed an opponent first and then find out im the dead one.
      Looks like i contact sky tomorrow then.

Can anybody explain what to do for us non techies.

On another note, i notice sky are still using the 0870 numbers, I have a number I use to contact them (not 0870). 01506421825.
      I was asked to choose an option, I did nothing was then asked again and I did nothing, was then asked to key in my telephone number again I did nothing this was repeated and after doing nothing I was put in to the customer services queue and after holding for a while. If this number is already on the site then im sorry.
      Those speedtest pings aren't very accurate, 152ms would be bad but thats not what you're really getting.

You need to run command prompt and type "ping bbc.co.uk" or other UK server to really test pings.

Router:
      Sky TV:
      Thanks

I knew it wouldn't happen.

I received a voice text message saying my broadband connection has been fixed.

However my ping times are stil over 60ms.

I'll try the e-mail and see if that works.

Exchange:
      Router:
      Sky TV:
      Thanks

On my third phonecall as i type,

Call 1: got through to tier 1 (i think), First up i asked for my max delay to be reduced, lady was clueless, after checking my connection, she said "you have the med package, connected at 7 what speed would you like to be slowed to?" WTF???!!! Yea im ringing to see if you can slow down my Broadband its a bit to fast So I hung up.

Call 2: A diff Lady again no clue about pings etc as soon as i mention gaming/xbox she says oh we dont do xbox troubleshooting, I explain my xbox is fine and it's a different thing I want. After another check on line she asks me to explain again to her what i want, I say could you just hang on a second and leave the phone in the corner and slowly walk outside for some fresh air and then a smoke, wondering is it childish to leave them waiting like that , ah well they leave me waiting. Shockingly shes gone when i get back, but now I have a plan which ill try later.

Router:
      Sky TV:
      Thanks

Quote Originally Posted by NewsreadeR View Post
      Try ringing very early or very late, from what we have read, you will have more chance of getting through to T3.
      http://www.sky.com/portal/site/skycom/kana
      I called tonight at 11.30pm and managed to get through to Tier 3 after being on hold for a reasonable 15mins. All is well now.

Thank you Newsreader

Exchange:
      Router:
      Sky TV:
      Thanks

I may have a number direct to tier 3, and its freephone im on hold at the moment, ill post it if someone picks up

Nobody answered
      Last edited by speedloafer; 18-11-07 at 01:31 PM.

Exchange:
      Router:
      Sky TV:
      Thanks

Empo how did you do it? Did you ask to go straight to tier 3? Was it easy to talk to them? What did you ask them? Im going to do this tonight but i dont want to sound like I dont know what im talking about (which i dont). So any adice would be helpful

Router:
      Sky TV:
      Thanks

Firstly, do you have an open ticket?
      You'll need to quote the number to Tier 3.

Basically all I done was called tier 1 told them I have an open ticket and would like to be put through to tier 3. Got transferred straight away, I was in queue for around 15 mins. When I got through I asked to have my max delay levels reduced to improve ping times for gaming. She had a look at my profle and stats first to check my line would be stable enough, then she changed my profile, rebooted my router, then went through a few tests to ensure the line was stable. All sorted. She then explained that the ticket would be left open for 24 hours and if I have any stability problems then to call back. But all is good so far.

Have a ready a website that streams video (for testing), and a command prompt to run ping tests.
      I hope this helps.

Page 9 of 35 FirstFirst ... 789101119 ... LastLast

LinkBacks (?)

1. 13-01-10, 02:15 AM
    2. 12-03-09, 10:25 AM
    3. 23-12-08, 10:43 PM
    4. 09-10-08, 05:11 PM
    5. 09-10-08, 02:42 PM
    6. 09-05-08, 12:49 PM
    7. 19-04-08, 09:07 AM
    8. 21-03-08, 01:26 AM
    9. 21-03-08, 12:33 AM