Your forum username:
Do you already have an account?
Forgot your password?

Welcome to Sky User - The Unofficial Support Forum for everything Sky! - Proudly helping over 63k members.

Advertisement

Page 9 of 12 FirstFirst ... 7891011 ... LastLast

Exciting new Rumour

This is a discussion on Exciting new Rumour within the Sky news and announcements forums, part of the SkyUser Announcements category; I hope Sky TV customers get some sort of priority though. Fine, non sky customers can get the broadband service, ...

gill07 is offline Sky User Member
      Exchange: Alsager
      Broadband ISP: Sky Max
      Router: Netgear V2 DG934G
      Sky TV: Sky+ HD
      Thanks

Re: Exciting new Rumour

I hope Sky TV customers get some sort of priority though.

Fine, non sky customers can get the broadband service, great.

Then for Sky customers, a price cut or gift would be nice.

For example scrapping Base, making mid free, and Max a fiver.

Or upto 24Mb.

Or a laptop (very ambitious but I suppose Orange are doing it).

Or free HD box.

Something to show us loyal customers that we should be different to the non Sky TV customers.

As us current customers are mostly paying over 45 to Sky each month, I know World is the most popular TV package, and then a tenner to Max (as I know this is the most popular), and even some on the talk package.

So why should we be paying ~70 a month to Sky and get nothing in return to show our loyalty and custom whilst some cheap skate is getting ultra fast ADSL2+ 16Mb broadband for a tenner whilst doing nothing.

I think Sky need to review this policy on what it can give to it's loyalty customers, and HD isn't an option for most yet so I think Sky can forget this.

2. Advertisement
      NewsreadeR is offline Site Founder
      Exchange: Marshalls Cross
      Broadband ISP: Sky Broadband Unlimited
      Router: Sagem F@ST 2504n
      Sky TV: Sky+HD box
      Thanks
      Blog Entries

Or a laptop (very ambitious but I suppose Orange are doing it).
      This offer has been withdrawn.

I think that if Sky were to do the same pricing as currently would make no sense at all. They would probably add a few quid to each package.

~ Never, ever, argue with an idiot. They'll drag you down to their level and beat you with experience ~

Follow us on Twitter @skyuser

TSx
      TSx is offline Sky User Member
      Exchange:
      Broadband ISP: Not on Sky
      Router:
      Sky TV:
      Thanks

Orders for Sky Talk Line Rental from non-staff are going through now, although its still a limited number; The Sky Talk teams are being ramped up to deal with the additional numbers of customers at the moment, and being trained very soon. I'm not sure how exactly you get put on Sky Talk Line Rental - I've seen existing customers upgraded to it and new customers having it at the start. I think its just a specific sales team doing it at the moment...

Also, this product is likely to not be branded "Sky Broadband" from what I've heard within Sky, they want a fresh start... not sure how valid that is, heard it from a colleague who heard it from a colleague (etc..!) (and it sounds exactly like UK Online!)

TSx
      TSx is offline Sky User Member
      Exchange:
      Broadband ISP: Not on Sky
      Router:
      Sky TV:
      Thanks

Quote Originally Posted by gill07 View Post
      So why should we be paying ~70 a month to Sky and get nothing in return to show our loyalty and custom whilst some cheap skate is getting ultra fast ADSL2+ 16Mb broadband for a tenner whilst doing nothing.

I think Sky need to review this policy on what it can give to it's loyalty customers, and HD isn't an option for most yet so I think Sky can forget this.
      You're paying the 70 to get TV as well as broadband, its not like your getting a raw deal - if new non TV customers got max for 10, thats the broadband cost. If, you get max for 10 and TV for 45, you're getting extra for what you pay (the TV). Not quite sure what you mean, just sounds very elitist, or possibly envious?

gill07 is offline Sky User Member
      Exchange: Alsager
      Broadband ISP: Sky Max
      Router: Netgear V2 DG934G
      Sky TV: Sky+ HD
      Thanks

No, from what I understand, broadband costs are so low, as they are part of a loyalty deal for already Sky customers. So if somebody (non Sky) could get it for a tenner a month, I'd like to know why.

The broadband from Sky seems to be currently a reward for TV customers, so what happens to loyalty if they let some tom, **** or harry have it for the same price we pay.

Thanks
      Blog Entries

I suppose it is how you perceive the Broadband that you have now. I have never seen it as a thank you for being an existing customer, I signed up to it because I was going to be saving 15.00 a month over my old ISP.

If another deal comes up from another ISP better than what I have now, there is nothing stopping me from changing ISP's. However, I feel that we will be waiting an awful long time for a better offer to come along.

~ Never, ever, argue with an idiot. They'll drag you down to their level and beat you with experience ~

PeteC is offline Sky User Member
      Exchange: Sheffield
      Broadband ISP: cable
      Router:
      Sky TV:
      Thanks

Quote Originally Posted by newbuilder View Post
      What about all new connect customers come on board at 5.
      They already do! and have done since the start

PeteC is offline Sky User Member
      Exchange: Sheffield
      Broadband ISP: cable
      Router:
      Sky TV:
      Thanks

Quote Originally Posted by NewsreadeR View Post
      Well, we have now had our third confirmation.

Well done to RickyC for guessing correctly.

Rumour has it, Sky are going to be launching a new ISP, similar to Sky Broadband, by where, you do not need to be an existing Sky Customer to take up their Broadband Product.
      Sorry i may have lost the plot here, but WHY would that make other ISP's worried? the market is already saturated with them already.

It would make more sense for them to just open up sky broadband to everyone, no more money to spend alot to make

But ho hum, let's see how it goes - if it's owt like connect was over BT i can hardly see any of cable's packages suffering

Thanks
      Blog Entries

Sorry i may have lost the plot here, but WHY would that make other ISP's worried? the market is already saturated with them already.
      Because of the fact that a lot of people may not have Sky TV and so will never think of joining Sky BB. Now if and when this happens, people can join Sky BB without subscribing to Sky TV. Even if all the Sky packages were say 5.00 dearer than for Sky TV customers, I bet they would increase their signups overnight. How many other ISP's already have an LLU infrastructure of their own?

What if they were really clever and bundled it with Freeview? - Now that would be a smart move.
      Last edited by NewsreadeR; 19-08-07 at 09:52 PM.

Thanks
      Blog Entries

Actually, thinking about this even more, if you were on VM then you could keep their TV services (as you may get a better deal) and then have Sky BB as well.

VM seem to be way overpriced on BB offerings - 18.00 for a 2mb connection, this way VM user's can have both. Granted if they are miles away from the exchange, they will get a lower speed, but, I bet a lot of VM customer's are on the 2mb package anyway.

As for the other ISP's how many will give a 250gb download limit, no throttling, 10 email addresses and a free router for approx 10.00 per month. None that I can see.

Page 9 of 12 FirstFirst ... 7891011 ... LastLast