Your forum username:
Do you already have an account?
Forgot your password?

Welcome to Sky User - The Unofficial Support Forum for everything Sky! - Proudly helping over 63k members.

Advertisement

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Sky Achieve 76 per cent customer satisfaction

This is a discussion on Sky Achieve 76 per cent customer satisfaction within the Sky news and announcements forums, part of the SkyUser Announcements category; uSwitch's method of 'markinng' ISPs is seriously flawed. A far better source of rating ISPs can be found at: DSL ...

Xendor is offline Sky User Member
      Exchange: Rhyl
      Broadband ISP: Base
      Router:
      Sky TV:
      Thanks

Exclamation Re: Sky Achieve 76 per cent customer satisfaction

uSwitch's method of 'markinng' ISPs is seriously flawed. A far better source of rating ISPs can be found at:
      DSL ZoneUK - ISP ratings

DSLZone rates (for example) Plusnet at No. 24 out of 36 ISPs, with an overall rating of only 6.8 (out of 10). Sky comes in at No. 22 out of 36 ISPs, with an overall rating of 6.85 (out of 10). The top five ISPs are Fast, ADSL24, UKFSN, Vivaciti and BE with respective overall ratings of 9.75, 9.63, 9.32, 9.32 and 9.0 (all out of 10). Over the last three months these five ISPs have consistently come out at the top of the ratings, though their position within the top five does swap around from time to time.

I've been on the Interenet since 1994 with many different ISPs, but one thing that strikes me today is that if an ISP has to lock you into a 12 month contract, they can't have much confidence with their service - and it is often a bad service. This seems to be borne out by the examples of Karoo, Orange, Tiscali, TalkTalk, Virgin, Demon, AOL, BT, Pipex and Sky - all of whom lock you in to a 12 month (or longer) contract, and who all are at the bottom of DSL Zone's ratings. Conversely ADSL24, UKFSN and Vivaciti (all near the top of the rankings) ask for 1 month contracts.

It's a paradox that people who would, when buying a car, washing machine or other white-goods, assess the features and relative merits before parting with their cash - yet the very same people don't do the same when signing up with an ISP - especially then they're choosing to lock themselves into a 12-month no-escape contract.
      Last edited by Xendor; 09-07-07 at 04:43 PM.

2. Advertisement
      NewsreadeR is offline Site Founder
      Exchange: Marshalls Cross
      Broadband ISP: Sky Broadband Unlimited
      Router: Sagem F@ST 2504n
      Sky TV: Sky+HD box
      Thanks
      Blog Entries

Re: Sky Achieve 76 per cent customer satisfaction

This seems to be borne out by the examples of Karoo, Orange, Tiscali, TalkTalk, Virgin, Demon, AOL, BT, Pipex and Sky - all of whom lock you in to a 12 month
      Well, my Sky BB has been faultless and costs me 15.00 a month less than my previous ISP, giving me a higher download allowance than before and faster speeds. And I am signed to a 12 month agreement. And you know what, when it runs out, I would probably renew it for another 12 months.

Any survey is going to be flawed, Stevie Wonder can see that, people do not purposely surf the net looking for surveys to fill in when they are happy. Only when unhappy, it's a British thing, when we are upset we make noise.

~ Never, ever, argue with an idiot. They'll drag you down to their level and beat you with experience ~

Follow us on Twitter @skyuser

edwardw is offline Sky User Member
      Exchange: MYDEW
      Broadband ISP: Max
      Router:
      Sky TV:
      Thanks

Re: Sky Achieve 76 per cent customer satisfaction

I still dont pay for mine, not sure what to do really!
      Connected @ 13mbit on SkyMAX

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12