Your forum username:
Do you already have an account?
Forgot your password?

Welcome to Sky User - The Unofficial Support Forum for everything Sky! - Proudly helping over 63k members.

Advertisement

Page 9 of 12 FirstFirst ... 7891011 ... LastLast

Sky+ Subscriptions

This is a discussion on Sky+ Subscriptions within the Sky news and announcements forums, part of the SkyUser Announcements category; hmm just like remote record is free via mobile - if you pay for a premium channel im waiting to ...

PeteC is offline Sky User Member
      Exchange: Sheffield
      Broadband ISP: cable
      Router:
      Sky TV:
      Thanks

Re: Sky+ Subscriptions

hmm just like remote record is free via mobile - if you pay for a premium channel

im waiting to see what the catch is with this free sky +..

2. Advertisement
      Alan b is offline Sky User Member
      Exchange:
      Broadband ISP: Unlimited
      Router: Netgear V1 DG834GT
      Sky TV: 2 x Sky+ HD
      Thanks

The only catch that I can see is that you have to enter into another interactive contract and have you box connected to a phone line, which is the reason why I am not going for it as my box is no where near a phone line.

PeteC is offline Sky User Member
      Exchange: Sheffield
      Broadband ISP: cable
      Router:
      Sky TV:
      Thanks

if i have entered into another contract ive not been told about it

spcdust is offline Sky User Member
      Exchange:
      Broadband ISP: Sky Max/Unlimited
      Sky TV:
      Thanks

Personally I'm not fussed about entering into another twelve month contract. I'm more than happy with the Sky Broadband Max service and as Sky have supplied and installed a brand new Sky+ box free of charge then it seems only reasonable that they expect me to commit for another twelve months. Saying that I'm actually not sure wether I have committed to a further twelve month contract due to the way my Sky+ install was arranged - I'll have to give them a call to find out.

spcdust
      Last edited by spcdust; 04-06-07 at 10:42 AM.

Alan b is offline Sky User Member
      Exchange:
      Broadband ISP: Unlimited
      Sky TV: 2 x Sky+ HD
      Thanks

Quote Originally Posted by PeteC View Post
      It might be in the small print if you read about it or indeed they haven't sent you any paper work with your Sky+ box.

NewsreadeR is offline Site Founder
      Exchange: Marshalls Cross
      Broadband ISP: Sky Broadband Unlimited
      Router: Sagem F@ST 2504n
      Sky TV: Sky+HD box
      Thanks
      Blog Entries

Quote Originally Posted by PeteC View Post
      From the first post:

If I am a Sky customer but don’t have Sky+, how can I take advantage of this?
      From 1st of July if you want Sky+, you can buy a Sky+ box for a one off charge of £99 with a 12 month Sky+ subscription, and an installation charge of £30.

So you have signed up for a 12 month contract with a subscription of £0.00 if you have been given the offer early.

If you decide to cancel your Sky TV:

What if I stop subscribing to Sky Digital?
      Should you decide to stop subscribing to Sky Digital but still wish to use all the features of Sky+, you will need to start paying the £10 per month Sky+ subscription again. A Sky+ subscription is only free for Sky Digital package subscribers.

~ Never, ever, argue with an idiot. They'll drag you down to their level and beat you with experience ~

Follow us on Twitter @skyuser

surreyuser is offline Sky User Member
      Exchange:
      Broadband ISP: Base
      Router:
      Sky TV:
      Thanks

Quote Originally Posted by Aletank View Post
      Just received a letter from Sky this morning confirming the £10 Sky+ charge is bein dropped on July 1st
      It's funny how they're not sending letters out to people who already get it free - they obviously don't want these people to know about it in case they review their package. When I got Sky over three years ago, I got Sky+ and was happy to pay £10 a month for it, and thought for an extra £6 a month for movies was a good deal. From next month I can save £16 per month for dropping movies - previously by dropping movies would have saved me only £6pm - £16pm doesn't sound good value. Perhaps if you watched it all day it might be good value, but not when we both work full time!

Some good ideas would be
      1) Make premium channels good value be charging £6 pm instead of £16pm, or
      2) Charging pay per view (or pay per minute/hour) on the movie (or sport) channels the same as they do for box office, capped at £16 per month (like the Oyster Card pay as you go on London Transport daily caps), that way infrequent viewers like myself don't get ripped off, but if I do watch a lot of movies one month I get charged the same I do now, or
      3) Giving viewers the option of choosing 2 above or paying £16 every month, perhaps in this instance the cap could be £20 to give viewers an incentive to subscribe to movies (or sport).

But like many others, I will be dropping my premium channels as now Sky+ is free whatever you subscribe to, premium channels are not good value unless they can think up another incentive. But then, if they keep it a secret from those that don't need to know, they can happily rip people off!
      Last edited by surreyuser; 09-06-07 at 12:16 AM.

Luffer is offline Sky User Member
      Exchange: Hailsham
      Broadband ISP: Sky Fibre Unlimited
      Router: Sky Hub SR101
      Sky TV: Sky+HD box
      Thanks

I've just recommended and got two people set up with the new Sky+ package and broadband as it's a good deal now. However, I feel a bit ripped off myself now though, paying for Sky Sports and Movies plus HD and Broadband Max. Also thinking about getting multi-room for an extra £10pm.... It's damn expensive. It's costing £53.50pm at the moment, potentially £63.50pm if I get multi-room. That's just an insane amount of cash for TV.

They should be giving premium subscribers an extra incentive now Sky+ is free to all. Either free HD subscription as it's a con anyway at the moment with very little content for the price. Or free multi-room. Either way would make me feel like I am getting better value for money for the £50.

I would also like to be able to use Sky Anytime on my mobile, but for some reason Sky seem unwilling to update the software to work with my Nokia N73. The Java fix no longer works and that really pees me off!
      Last edited by Luffer; 10-06-07 at 11:44 PM.

dingdong is offline Sky User Member
      Exchange:
      Broadband ISP: Max
      Router:
      Sky TV:
      Thanks

Quote Originally Posted by surreyuser View Post
      It's funny how they're not sending letters out to people who already get it free - they obviously don't want these people to know about it in case they review their package.
      I don't get it free or otherwise and i have not had a letter.

Also seems a bit odd to me that there is no advert from sky about this or announcement on their website especially as they seem to be in an advert war with virgin

see above for correction
      Last edited by dingdong; 17-06-07 at 10:21 AM.

dingdong is offline Sky User Member
      Exchange:
      Broadband ISP: Max
      Router:
      Sky TV:
      Thanks

Quote Originally Posted by stevec59 View Post
      I see they have now posted a note on there web page that says from 1st July there will be no Sky + subscription, see how to attached a BMP

Steve
      This says free for new customers!!!! If you are already a customer and don't pay for it or get it free with your package, i guess you still don't get it free - is that correct?

OK - the gif should have read: (which it actually did - but i didn't see it for some reason)

• Sky+ subscription is free for new customers or customers with Movies or Sports (otherwise £10). From 1st July, Sky+ subscription free for all Sky TV customers.
      Last edited by dingdong; 17-06-07 at 10:27 AM. Reason: Bad morning!!!

Page 9 of 12 FirstFirst ... 7891011 ... LastLast