Your forum username:
Do you already have an account?
Forgot your password?

Welcome to Sky User - The Unofficial Support Forum for everything Sky! - Proudly helping over 63k members.

Advertisement

Page 1 of 13 12311 ... LastLast

Dear Sky Broadband

This is a discussion on Dear Sky Broadband within the Sky news and announcements forums, part of the SkyUser Announcements category; As you are aware there are numerous complaints of people with in game PINGS , whilst we understand the path ...

NewsreadeR is offline Site Founder
      Exchange: Marshalls Cross
      Broadband ISP: Sky Broadband Unlimited
      Router: Sagem F@ST 2504n
      Sky TV: Sky+HD box
      Thanks
      Blog Entries

Dear Sky Broadband

As you are aware there are numerous complaints of people with in game PINGS, whilst we understand the path that you are taking by putting people on INTERLEAVING instead of FASTPATH, would it be possible to make exceptions for those of your customers who are avid gamers?

A few ISP's give the customer the choice to swap from INTERLEAVING to FASTPATH but then incur a charge if no better or the need to revert back to INTERLEAVED.

An example of which is NewNet

Please note that a charge of 6 (7.05 inc VAT) will be applied to all requests to change interleaf status (including from Auto to ON or OFF as part of initial order).

Broadband

I think possibly that you may have underestimated the number of people who are flocking to Sky Broadband because of the price and then being so disappointed by the fact that their gaming has suffered.

Would it be possible for Sky to even consider changing this policy?

The following posts in this thread show the demand for such an option.
      Last edited by NewsreadeR; 20-04-07 at 06:03 PM.

~ Never, ever, argue with an idiot. They'll drag you down to their level and beat you with experience ~

Follow us on Twitter @skyuser

2. Advertisement
      maxping is offline Sky User Member
      Exchange:
      Broadband ISP: Not on Sky
      Router:
      Sky TV:
      Thanks

Re: Dear Sky Broadband

I am regular on line gamer, i would like to migrate to Sky but am put off by the amount of posts saying the pings are too high.
      I find the fact you refuse to take interleaving off peoples lines astonishing,do you realise how many potential customers you have lost by taking this stand?
      No serious gamer is going to risk migrating and not being able to play for 12 months or having to pay to leave.

dholdi is offline Sky User Beta tester
      Exchange: LCRIB
      Broadband ISP: Sky Fibre Unlimited Pro
      Router: Sky Hub SR101
      Sky TV: Sky+ HD
      Thanks

Absolutely agree maxping lets hope more members post here and sky take notice.
      @ ged - could this be made into a poll or something so that its always on the home page for a week or two then people dont miss it ? ( doh it is on home page isnt it !! )
      Also your suggestion of sky charging for it ought to help as I'm sure they wont be able to resist making a quick buck - lol

cheers
      dave
      Last edited by dholdi; 20-04-07 at 09:46 PM.

m.barnes is offline Sky User Member
      Exchange:
      Broadband ISP: Base
      Router:
      Sky TV:
      Thanks

i am currently in the process of prematurely ending my contract with sky due to this issue, on the basis i was unknowingly misled at point of entering into a contract, as i specifically requested about the suitability for gaming.

i am also arguing any attempt to charge me more than a nominal fee for ending my contract will be unlawful at Common Law, Statute and recent Consumer regulations.

If there was a cost option to move onto fast path i would pay it. there is not, so i am leaving

rfc5stars is offline Sky User Member
      Exchange:
      Broadband ISP: Connect
      Router:
      Sky TV:
      Thanks

Quote Originally Posted by m.barnes View Post
      i am currently in the process of prematurely ending my contract with sky due to this issue, on the basis i was unknowingly misled at point of entering into a contract, as i specifically requested about the suitability for gaming.

i am also arguing any attempt to charge me more than a nominal fee for ending my contract will be unlawful at Common Law, Statute and recent Consumer regulations.

If there was a cost option to move onto fast path i would pay it. there is not, so i am leaving
      are you seriously saying thatyou took the 2mb free package expecting to play online games (if you have changed your package then i do apologise)

PeteC is offline Sky User Member
      Exchange: Sheffield
      Broadband ISP: cable
      Router:
      Sky TV:
      Thanks

why is that unreasonable? the speed should be irrelvant i think - so should the cost of the package

maxping is offline Sky User Member
      Exchange:
      Router:
      Sky TV:
      Thanks

Quote Originally Posted by rfc5stars View Post
      are you seriously saying thatyou took the 2mb free package expecting to play online games (if you have changed your package then i do apologise)

My pings were more stable on my fixed 2mb connection than they are on my 8mb connection,i don't know if this is a coincidence but i doubt it.

chrisypea is offline Sky User Member
      Exchange: Waltham Cross
      Broadband ISP: Sky Max/Unlimited
      Router: Netgear V1 DG834GT
      Sky TV: Sky Basic
      Thanks

I used to have no trouble at all with my Virgin Media Cable Internet, but since migrating, I have latency problems with pretty much all of the games I play.

Sort it out Sky!

dholdi is offline Sky User Beta tester
      Exchange: LCRIB
      Broadband ISP: Sky Fibre Unlimited Pro
      Router: Sky Hub SR101
      Sky TV: Sky+ HD
      Thanks

Come on guys and girls get posting here or sky are gonna laugh at us - on the other hand we could try the angle that they arn't goin to get inundated with calls from the half dozen of us that want to be on fast !! - lol

kingdavies is offline Sky User Member
      Exchange:
      Router:
      Sky TV:
      Thanks

I have just switched from virign media to sky, because it is 14 less and 4X the speed, however I have been very disappointed with the high pings in games. I would be more than willing to pay a small one of fee to switch to Fastpath

Page 1 of 13 12311 ... LastLast