Your forum username:
Do you already have an account?
Forgot your password?

Welcome to Sky User - The Unofficial Support Forum for everything Sky! - Proudly helping over 65k members.

Advertisement

Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast
    Like Tree1Likes

B movies

This is a discussion on B movies within the Sky Movies forums, part of the Sky TV Channels category; I'm new here so please be gentle. Over the last few months I have the feeling that we are getting ...

Raypollock is offline Sky User Member
      Exchange: 028
      Broadband ISP: Other ISP
      Router: Non Sky Router
      Sky TV: Sky Basic
      Thanks

Unhappy B movies

I'm new here so please be gentle. Over the last few months I have the feeling that we are getting fed a lot of b movies on premier. I used to look forward to Fridays to see the 2 or 3 blockbusters that were new to premier. Now? More often than not I'm looking at movie titles I've never heard of. Is it just me?

2. Advertisement
      steelysteph is offline Sky User Member
      Exchange: Lancaster
      Router: VM Hub 3
      Sky TV: 2TB Minnie Mous
      Thanks

Re: B movies

Mmmmm - must be you

Life of Pi
      Zero Dark Thirty
      Django Unchained

to name three multi-oscar winners.

reddwarfcrew is offline Sky User Moderator
      Exchange:
      Broadband ISP: Sky Fibre Unlimited Pro
      Router: Sky Hub SR102
      Sky TV: Sky+HD box
      Thanks

I do agree that the quality of movies has been poor. I always download the 4 premiers each week off 'showcase' and then watch them over the weekend but more often than not I find myself stopping it after 15-30 mins and just deleting it.

I do wonder about cancelling the sky sub, but then I have the 20 odd bond films all on sky+, the 11 or so Star Trek and the 4 Indiana Jones. So to replace all of them would cost me more than a years subs to the movies so I always end up keeing the sub.

What I would recommend is using the On Demand. Especially if you've got an iPad, searching the on demand movie content is really easy and you can find loads of good stuff there.

Make the most of your sub and use all the features available.

Exchange:
      Thanks

Quote Originally Posted by steelysteph View Post
      Mmmmm - must be you

Life of Pi
      Zero Dark Thirty
      Django Unchained

Life of Pi - I think I got thru 40 mins and gave up.
      Django - I love Tarintino but I found that film quite difficult to watch
      Zero Dark Thirty - never heard of it, when was it on?

Thanks

Mmmmm - must be you

Life of Pi
      Zero Dark Thirty
      Django Unchained

Yeah could well be me. I'm a big movie fan and waited so long for 2 of these to hit premier I saw them on iTunes. Some or most weeks it looks like a jam sandwich. Lovely jam with 2 bits of boring bread. If you get me.

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by reddwarfcrew View Post
      I do agree that the quality of movies has been poor. I always download the 4 premiers each week off 'showcase' and then watch them over the weekend but more often than not I find myself stopping it after 15-30 mins and just deleting it.

I do wonder about cancelling the sky sub, but then I have the 20 odd bond films all on sky+, the 11 or so Star Trek and the 4 Indiana Jones. So to replace all of them would cost me more than a years subs to the movies so I always end up keeing the sub.

What I would recommend is using the On Demand. Especially if you've got an iPad, searching the on demand movie content is really easy and you can find loads of good stuff there.

Make the most of your sub and use all the features available.
      I agree. I too think of stopping my sub but I watch so many films that it would cost me fortune in rental.
      I recently stopped my sky sports sub because they have lost out to BT with most big games.

steelysteph is offline Sky User Member
      Exchange: Lancaster
      Router: VM Hub 3
      Sky TV: 2TB Minnie Mous
      Thanks

Quote Originally Posted by Raypollock View Post
      Yeah could well be me. I'm a big movie fan and waited so long for 2 of these to hit premier I saw them on iTunes. Some or most weeks it looks like a jam sandwich. Lovely jam with 2 bits of boring bread. If you get me.
      I must admit that I've stopped buying DVDs now and waiting for the movie to come on Sky. I bought Les Mis on Bluray, stuck it in the player as soon as I got home but didn't watch it. It's still in the player after several months completely unwatched.

I think that we may be spoiled now, I remember when we used to look forward to Easter and Christmas for the big movies on BBC & ITV, now we expect a blockbuster every week, they just don't make that many

Exchange:
      Thanks

I remember when we used to look forward to Easter and Christmas for the big movies on BBC & ITV, now we expect a blockbuster every week, they just don't make that many
      I used to get so excited about the 2 week bumper issue of the Radio Times so I could see what big films were on. Xmas day isn't what it used to be.

Thanks

I must admit that I've stopped buying DVDs now and waiting for the movie to come on Sky. I bought Les Mis on Bluray, stuck it in the player as soon as I got home but didn't watch it. It's still in the player after several months completely unwatched.

I think that we may be spoiled now, I remember when we used to look forward to Easter and Christmas for the big movies on BBC & ITV, now we expect a blockbuster every week, they just don't make that many
      I relay not stirring it for the sake of it but things were better a while age. The 3 movies you quoted were great but can you name any of the masterpieces that were released on premier the same week. (Don't google it)
      is sky like iTunes? I tried to buy AC DC albums a few years ago but they were unavailable untill recently. Do some of the movie suppliers favor Netfix or similar over sky?

Scubbie is offline Sky User Moderator
      Exchange: 02392
      Broadband ISP: Sky Fibre Unlimited
      Router: Sky Q Hub ER110
      Thanks
      Thanked 2,207 Times in 2,076 Posts

Sky tends to show new items on the Premier channel about 12 months after they were released in the cinemas.

At the moment there are some nice films on at the moment in the cinema, but at this time of the year they are saving up the big ones for next month as it will coincide with the holiday period (aka Christmas).

I guess the same was the same last year.

Sky Fibre Unlimited Pro: Connected at 80,000 kbps / 20,000 kbps
      Previous ADSL2+ Speed 19999 kbps 1153 kbps, Line Attenuation 17.5 db 6.9 db, Noise Margin 7.5 dB 8.7 dB
      Speedtest: 17.15MB/s 0.97Mb/s Ping 31 ms

Isitme is offline Sky User Moderator
      Exchange: Bannockburn
      Broadband ISP: Sky Fibre Unlimited
      Sky TV: Sky+ HD
      Thanks
      Thanked 1,655 Times in 1,616 Posts

I think you have to be fair to Sky. How many real blockbusters have been released in the last few months or even years? Very few. Most are the usual teen horror, animated Disney, romcom or second rate spy 'thriller'. Real blockbusters are few and far between and you can be sure when they become available Sky will show them.

TomD

Please note the views and recommendations in my posts are my own and in no way reflect the views of SkyUser.

Useful Utilites

http://www.nirsoft.net/utils/wifi_information_view.html/ TCPOptimiser /Test Socket

Note - When downloading always select the Custom install or you will end up with stuff you don't want.

Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast