Your forum username:
Do you already have an account?
Forgot your password?

Welcome to Sky User - The Unofficial Support Forum for everything Sky! - Proudly helping over 65k members.

Advertisement

Like Tree3Likes
    • 2 Post By FelixTCat
    • 1 Post By James_Mitchell

Sky Mobile launches tablets with data rollover and UK’s lowest monthly price on new Swap36 plan

This is a discussion on Sky Mobile launches tablets with data rollover and UK’s lowest monthly price on new Swap36 plan within the Sky Mobile forums, part of the Other Sky help and support category; https://www.skygroup.sky/corporate/m...ew-swap36-plan [IMG]https://images.contentstack.io/v3/assets/bltdc2476c7b6b194dd/blt1814e417c6122c46/5acb8f1f069584b4405571ff/download?downsize=800:*&output-format=jpg[/IMG] Sky Mobile today announced another shake up of the mobile sector as it launches into the tablet market ...

Scubbie is offline Sky User Moderator
      Exchange: 02392
      Broadband ISP: Sky Fibre Unlimited
      Router: Sky Q Hub ER110
      Sky TV: Sky+HD box
      Thanks
      Thanked 2,202 Times in 2,072 Posts

Sky Mobile launches tablets with data rollover and UK’s lowest monthly price on new Swap36 plan

https://www.skygroup.sky/corporate/m...ew-swap36-plan
      [IMG]https://images.contentstack.io/v3/assets/bltdc2476c7b6b194dd/blt1814e417c6122c46/5acb8f1f069584b4405571ff/download?downsize=800:*&output-format=jpg[/IMG]
      Sky Mobile today announced another shake up of the mobile sector as it launches into the tablet market. The launch brings data rollover to tablets for the first time, with Sky Mobile’s Roll included on all tablet pay monthly plans.

From today, Samsung tablets are available on Sky Mobile’s Swap plans. An all new Swap36 plan gives customers the UK’s lowest monthly prices with no upfront costs on popular tablet models, such as the Samsung Tab A 10.1 from £13 per month with 500MB of data. Apple tablets will also be available on Sky Mobile soon.

The most flexible tablet contracts - Roll and Mix

Sky Mobile’s unique benefits, Roll and Mix, will be available to all tablet customers.

With Sky Mobile’s Roll, any unused data is automatically rolled into a customer’s Sky Piggybank at the end of every month and is saved for up to three years. There’s no limit to the amount they can store, and they can simply dip into their Piggybank whenever they need a data boost.

Sky Mobile is the first UK operator to offer data rollover on tablet plans. This is useful for those customers who occasionally use their tablet out of the home but do not want to opt for a plan with a high amount of data they will not use. Since launching Sky Mobile in January last year, Sky Mobile customers have collectively saved £26 million worth of mobile data with Roll*.

With the new tablet plans, customers can also share the data stored in their Piggybank between five different SIMs in the household. This means a family can share data between family members, on both tablets and mobiles, with data given to those who need an extra boost.

Sophia Ahmad, Director of Sky Mobile
      , comments: “This is the first time any network has allowed customers to rollover their unused data rather than lose it at the end of the month, and then share it between an entire family’s tablets and mobiles. We launched Sky Mobile to shake up the mobile sector, and we’re now bringing that same flexibility and the UK’s lowest monthly prices to the tablet market.”

With Mix, customers will be able to choose the plan that fits their needs, with prices from £5 per month for 500MB, and 1GB, 5GB or 10GB available for £10, £15 and £20 respectively. As with phones, tablet customers can change their plan each month, up or down, depending on how much data they need.

Swap plans for tablets

Sky Mobile is launching a new Swap option for tablets, Swap36. Swap36 has been designed to reflect how often customers choose to upgrade their tablet, with a longer upgrade cycle than phones. With Swap36, customers can get Sky’s lowest monthly prices and the option to swap their tablet after three years. For customers wanting to get the latest model more often, Swap24 is also available with any tablet an allows customers to swap to a new model after two years.

Sky Mobile launches with the most popular tablets from Samsung, including the Samsung Tab A series and Samsung Tab S2. Details of Apple tablet availability and pricing on Sky Mobile will follow soon.

Example pricing for Samsung Tab A 10.1:
      Samsung Tab A 7.0
      Swap36 Swap24
      Upfront costs £0 £0
      Monthly cost for your tablet and data plan £13
      (£8 for tablet + £5 data plan)
      £18
      (£12 for tablet + £5 data plan)
      What you get 500MB data 500MB data
      Swap after 36 months 24 months
      Delivery charges Free Free

Sky Mobile tablet plans at a glance:

• Roll – customers can automatically roll over any unused data into their Sky Piggybank each month, to use whenever they need for up to three years
      • Mix – customers can opt to change their data allowance, up or down, each month to match how much data they use, without changing contracts
      • Swap – for those who want to update their tablet frequently, Swap24 allows customers to upgrade their tablet every two years without changing their contract. Or customers can opt for Swap36 and get Sky’s lowest monthly price on their tablet with the option to upgrade after three years, or keep their tablet and reduce their monthly cost further

More details on Sky Mobile can be found at sky.com/mobile

2. Advertisement
      FelixTCat is offline Sky User Member
      Exchange: Tilehurst
      Broadband ISP: BT Infinity 2
      Router: Non Sky Router
      Sky TV: Other
      Thanks

Re: Sky Mobile launches tablets with data rollover and UK’s lowest monthly price on new Swap36

WOW! 500 MB data per month. How will anyone ever get through that much?
      Koala5 and James_Mitchell like this.

James_Mitchell is offline Sky User Member
      Exchange:
      Broadband ISP: Sky Fibre Unlimited Max
      Router: Sky Q Hub
      Thanks

Re: Sky Mobile launches tablets with data rollover and UK’s lowest monthly price on new Swap36

500Mb a month for a tablet plan is utterly pitiful! I'd use that in less than a day here.

I only pay EE £16.50 a month for my data only SIM which I use in my iPad and that comes with 64Gb! It's more data than I need or use but it was a special double-data offer they offered me last year. It was only a 12 month plan as well, which is now out of contract.

Sky Mobile really really need to get serious and start offering MUCH bigger data allowances with all their plans if they really want to compete with the rest.
      Last edited by James_Mitchell; 10-04-18 at 03:11 PM.
      Koala5 likes this.

Koala5 is offline Sky User Member
      Exchange: Dunstable
      Broadband ISP: Mid
      Router: Netgear V1 DG834GT
      Sky TV:
      Thanks

Agreed! 500mb doesn’t go very far these days especially on a tablet. I just signed a friend up to Virgin mobile sim only, that’s 2500 minutes, unlimited texts and 6gb of data for £10 a month. I just use my phone as a hotspot with my tablet if I’m away from home on a similar plan.

Thanks

I've just had a look at the Sky Shop. Sure the plan outlined above is 'pants'. The tablet has too little RAM and the data is too small.

If you were seriously interested in using it to download some content for Sky Go then you have no chance of watching anything that way on it, unless you stream it via the 500mb p/month data plan.

There are better options available.

One choice would be to go for the Samsung Galaxy Tab S2 with a 10GB p/month data plan. It has 32GB internal RAM and could take a Micro SD card up to 200GB. You'd be able to store some content for Sky Go on the Internal memory, which is handy as Sky Go won't store it on the micro SD card. You should also have plenty of data available too. Ok, this works out at £34 per month. Ok, not cheap, but an imprvement.

...but hold on one moment. Let's not forget Sky's rollover & ability to share data within your family plan.

This means that if you already have a mobile plan and you are rolling over data and banking more data, you could use this on the tablet.

I'll also mention the fact that Sky is offering the Samsung Evo Plus 64GB Micro SD card for £39.99. Looking at Amazon, you can pick one up the for £17.97 or go for an impressive 138GB card for £35.88. Of course, these prices are subject to change and stock/availability can change too.

So if you're the kind who always uses all their monthly data, then there are some interesting options available.

Sky Fibre Unlimited Pro: Connected at 80,000 kbps / 20,000 kbps
      Previous ADSL2+ Speed 19999 kbps 1153 kbps, Line Attenuation 17.5 db 6.9 db, Noise Margin 7.5 dB 8.7 dB
      Speedtest: 17.15MB/s 0.97Mb/s Ping 31 ms

James_Mitchell is offline Sky User Member
      Exchange:
      Broadband ISP: Sky Fibre Unlimited Max
      Router: Sky Q Hub
      Thanks

Th biggest handset or tablet data allowance Sky Mobile offer is only 10GB. I'd have nothing left to roll over at the end of the month even with that amount!

lettice is online now Sky User Member
      Exchange: 0.4 mile away and cabinet 350 yards
      Broadband ISP: Sky Fibre Max
      Router: ER110UK Sky Q hub
      Sky TV: SkyQ2tb + minis
      Thanks

Very poor offering in my view.

pearcey3380 is offline Sky User Member
      Exchange:
      Router:
      Sky TV: Sky Basic
      Thanks

Quote Originally Posted by FelixTCat View Post
      WOW! 500 MB data per month. How will anyone ever get through that much?
      500 MB is pitiful, that will attract nobody!!

Sent from my SM-J320FN using Tapatalk

Thanks

It depends what you intend to use your tablet for and, more importantly, where.

I mostly use my tablet at home. Sometimes I'll take it somewhere where WiFi is available and use it there too.

I rarely use it when travelling. If I do, then I can use my phone as a mobile hotspot, or just play whatever is stored on it.

Sky Fibre Unlimited Pro: Connected at 80,000 kbps / 20,000 kbps
      Previous ADSL2+ Speed 19999 kbps 1153 kbps, Line Attenuation 17.5 db 6.9 db, Noise Margin 7.5 dB 8.7 dB
      Speedtest: 17.15MB/s 0.97Mb/s Ping 31 ms