Your forum username:
Do you already have an account?
Forgot your password?

Welcome to Sky User - The Unofficial Support Forum for everything Sky! - Proudly helping over 65k members.

Advertisement

Data rollover

This is a discussion on Data rollover within the Sky Mobile forums, part of the Other Sky help and support category; Looking at possibly signing up with Sky Mobile but just have a question on data rollover. I understand that data ...

TobieUK is offline Sky User Member
      Exchange:
      Broadband ISP: Sky Fibre Unlimited
      Router: Sky Hub SR101
      Sky TV: Sky Basic
      Thanks

Data rollover

Looking at possibly signing up with Sky Mobile but just have a question on data rollover. I understand that data goes into a piggy bank and you can redeem in 1gb increments. My question is if you redeem 1gb and you then have data left over at the end of the month, does that go back into your piggy bank or is it then lost?

For example. Iíve used up all my data with 3 days to go til the end of the month. On average Iíll use 100mb max in that time. I redeem 1gb from my piggy bank and then have 900mb left at the end of the month. Have I then lost that 900mb as itís data that effectively already rolled over and wonít roll over again or do I end up with 900mb back in my piggy bank?

2. Advertisement
      Scubbie is offline Sky User Moderator
      Exchange: 02392
      Router: Sky Q Hub ER110
      Sky TV: Sky+HD box
      Thanks
      Thanked 2,188 Times in 2,062 Posts

Re: Data rollover

From my understanding, if you have say 5gb in your piggy bank and move 1gb to your hone, that'll leave 4gb in yor piggy bank. If 4 days later you want to use another 1gb to your phone, then you are free to do so.

If at the end of the month you have 900mb left on your phone, it'll remain there and a new 1gb (or how ever much you paid for) will go to your piggy bank.

https://www.sky.com/shop/mobile/features#feature-roll

I believe that you can keep the data allowance in your piggy bank for up to 24 months in piggy bank. I haven't found the page to confirm this but it should be in the T&Cs.

Sky Fibre Unlimited Pro: Connected at 80,000 kbps / 20,000 kbps
      Previous ADSL2+ Speed 19999 kbps 1153 kbps, Line Attenuation 17.5 db 6.9 db, Noise Margin 7.5 dB 8.7 dB
      Speedtest: 17.15MB/s 0.97Mb/s Ping 31 ms

146Kg is offline Sky User Member
      Exchange:
      Broadband ISP: Other ISP
      Router:
      Sky TV: Other
      Thanks

I have 2 SIMs, if I look online each no. has a different amount of data left until the end of the month, but exactly the same amount in the "piggy".
      Do I have one "piggy" common for both SIMs, is it a glitch on the website or is it a coincidence having the same data saved ?
      I have only just got the 2nd SIM, it shouldn't have any data saved yet.
      Also it is just less than a Gb so it won't let me manage it yet in order to find out.

Scubbie is offline Sky User Moderator
      Exchange: 02392
      Router: Sky Q Hub ER110
      Sky TV: Sky+HD box
      Thanks
      Thanked 2,188 Times in 2,062 Posts

Quote Originally Posted by 146Kg View Post
      I have 2 SIMs, if I look online each no. has a different amount of data left until the end of the month, but exactly the same amount in the "piggy".
      Do I have one "piggy" common for both SIMs, is it a glitch on the website or is it a coincidence having the same data saved ?
      I have only just got the 2nd SIM, it shouldn't have any data saved yet.
      Also it is just less than a Gb so it won't let me manage it yet in order to find out.
      If both SIMs are on the same account, then yes they have a shared piggybank. The whole idea is that you can share the piggybank between all the family.

Sky Fibre Unlimited Pro: Connected at 80,000 kbps / 20,000 kbps
      Previous ADSL2+ Speed 19999 kbps 1153 kbps, Line Attenuation 17.5 db 6.9 db, Noise Margin 7.5 dB 8.7 dB
      Speedtest: 17.15MB/s 0.97Mb/s Ping 31 ms

146Kg is offline Sky User Member
      Exchange:
      Broadband ISP: Other ISP
      Router:
      Sky TV: Other
      Thanks

Thats great, thanks for the info.
      One phone is a cheap and nasty one and is only used where it is likely to get damaged (leaving the smartphones safe) and so gets very little use. If as you say its unused data rolls up and can be used on the other SIM that is an unexpected bonus. When the other contract is up I'll be getting a 3rd SIM and be paying less for three SIMS than for one with another supplier.
      I do wonder when the prices will start ramping up though.