Your forum username:
Do you already have an account?
Forgot your password?

Welcome to Sky User - The Unofficial Support Forum for everything Sky! - Proudly helping over 65k members.

Advertisement

Sky Mobile unveils new low cost price plan

This is a discussion on Sky Mobile unveils new low cost price plan within the Sky Mobile forums, part of the Other Sky help and support category; Sky Mobile unveils the UK’s lowest monthly price on 500MB plans with Unlimited Calls and Texts for Sky TV customers ...

Scubbie is offline Sky User Moderator
      Exchange: 02392
      Broadband ISP: Sky Fibre Unlimited
      Router: Sky Q Hub ER110
      Sky TV: Sky+HD box
      Thanks
      Thanked 2,207 Times in 2,076 Posts

Sky Mobile unveils new low cost price plan

Sky Mobile unveils the UK’s lowest monthly price on 500MB plans with Unlimited Calls and Texts for Sky TV customers

https://corporate.sky.com/media-cent...y-tv-customers

Sky Mobile continues to offer customers more choice and flexibility by introducing a new 500MB plan with Unlimited Calls and Texts from as little as £5 a month.

The new plan, available from 1 June is the UK’s lowest monthly priced 500MB plan with Unlimited Calls and Texts for Sky TV customers *. According to Kantar Media, over a quarter (26%) of SIM only mobile users currently have a data allowance of less than 1GB. The new 500MB plan offers people who want great value and a lower amount of data each month to benefit from the flexibility of Sky Mobile’s, ‘Mix’ and ‘Roll’.

The 500MB plan also allows customers to benefit from the lowest monthly price with no upfront cost compared to all major networks across our full range of phones. This makes Sky Mobile a great value option for those looking for a deal on a new phone with prices starting from £12.50 a month including 500MB of data and Unlimited Calls and Texts for Sky TV customers.

Liz Wynn, Sky’s Director of Mobile, said: “Our new tariff gives even better value to Sky TV customers as they can now get 500MB of data with Unlimited Calls and Texts for only £5 a month. It’s also available with all our handsets and Sky Mobile now offers the lowest monthly price with no upfront cost compared to major networks across our full range of phones with prices starting from just £12.50 per month.”

Customers opting for the new 500MB plan can choose to change their plan whenever they like with ‘Mix’. They can also easily increase their data allowance to 1GB, 3GB or 5GB or buy a one-off 1GB data add-on if they are running low on data. Any unused data is automatically rolled over into a customer’s Sky Piggybank every month to use for three years.

Sky TV customers benefit from the best value deals with Sky Mobile and can get the UK’s lowest monthly priced 500MB plan plus Unlimited Calls and Texts for £5 a month. Non-Sky TV customers can save money by opting for a PAYU calls and texts package, paying only for the minutes and texts they use, or select the Unlimited Calls & Texts package for an additional £10 per month.

All customers with a Sky Mobile plan, including the new 500MB plan, can now use their monthly mobile data, calls, and texts allowance in 36 European destinations at no extra cost.

2. Advertisement
      speedyrite is offline Sky User Member
      Exchange: MYHGT
      Broadband ISP: NOW Broadband
      Router: NOW TV Hub Two
      Sky TV: NOW TV
      Thanks
      Blog Entries
      Sky still not offering any incentive for their customers who only have Talk & Broadband to go with Sky Mobile then...
      ++ speedyrite ... powered by NOW Broadband from June 2018 ++
      (previously powered by Sky Broadband from July 2007)

sdd
      sdd is offline Sky User Member
      Exchange: 01268
      Router: Sky Q Hub ER115
      Thanks

Re: Sky Mobile unveils new low cost price plan

Quote Originally Posted by speedyrite View Post
      Sky still not offering any incentive for their customers who only have Talk & Broadband to go with Sky Mobile then...
      Don't know where they think 500mb is going to go when my phone updates it takes more then that other then that where ever you are you have to have Wifi.

I used the speed test quite a few times last month and it worked out i used over 2gb data and thats just checking my speed i was getting because it was very slow.....it takes more then you think.

Nobody is Perfect.....I am Nobody....Therefore I am Perfect

Scubbie is offline Sky User Moderator
      Exchange: 02392
      Router: Sky Q Hub ER110
      Thanks
      Thanked 2,207 Times in 2,076 Posts

In fairness I know a few people where 500mb per month is more than enough.

Sky Fibre Unlimited Pro: Connected at 80,000 kbps / 20,000 kbps
      Previous ADSL2+ Speed 19999 kbps 1153 kbps, Line Attenuation 17.5 db 6.9 db, Noise Margin 7.5 dB 8.7 dB
      Speedtest: 17.15MB/s 0.97Mb/s Ping 31 ms

bubblegun is offline Sky User Member
      Exchange: near Glasgow
      Broadband ISP: Sky ADSL
      Router: Billion 7400
      Sky TV: Sky Q 2TB
      Thanks

Call cancellations and you'll get a deal in this circumstance, for definite, there's incentives on it until end of (financial) year on 29th June.
      Please note the views and recommendations in my posts are my own and in no way reflect the views of Sky

7. The Following User Says Thank You to bubblegun For This Useful Post:

speedyrite (09-06-17)

Bobh6742 is offline Sky User Member
      Exchange:
      Router: D-Link DSL-2640S
      Sky TV: Sky Basic
      Thanks

I think Sky mobile are being misleading with their data roll over scheme
      they don't openly tell you that data has to be recalled from your piggy bank in 1gb lumps
      so for someone like me using nearly all my 500 my allowance it would take probably 10 months before I could use my piggy bank contents

bubblegun is offline Sky User Member
      Exchange: near Glasgow
      Broadband ISP: Sky ADSL
      Router: Billion 7400
      Sky TV: Sky Q 2TB
      Thanks

Quote Originally Posted by Bobh6742 View Post
      I think Sky mobile are being misleading with their data roll over scheme
      they don't openly tell you that data has to be recalled from your piggy bank in 1gb lumps
      so for someone like me using nearly all my 500 my allowance it would take probably 10 months before I could use my piggy bank contents
      They've always said it's 1Gb "chunks" since launch for reusing rollover data so not sure what you mean.

You may not have listened properly but it's always been seen as an issue (by 3rd parties) since launch although it sounds like you hadn't noticed until now.

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by bubblegun View Post
      Call cancellations and you'll get a deal in this circumstance, for definite, there's incentives on it until end of (financial) year on 29th June.
      This deal is no longer on.

For people reading this thread late.
      You need to keep Sky TV to get Unlimited Calls and Texts for free now.
      Please note the views and recommendations in my posts are my own and in no way reflect the views of Sky

10. The Following User Says Thank You to bubblegun For This Useful Post:

speedyrite (29-08-17)

Bobh6742 is offline Sky User Member
      Exchange:
      Router: D-Link DSL-2640S
      Sky TV: Sky Basic
      Thanks

Sky Mobile may well of said at launch that rolled over data can only be retrieved in 1gb "chunks" but they certainly don't give this info now other than in the very fine print in the T&C
      I do listen properly but having not yet signed up to Sky Mobile I am unlikely to be au fait with what has been reported in the past