Your forum username:
Do you already have an account?
Forgot your password?

Welcome to Sky User - The Unofficial Support Forum for everything Sky! - Proudly helping over 65k members.

Advertisement

Sky launches European roaming at no extra cost for all Sky Mobile customers

This is a discussion on Sky launches European roaming at no extra cost for all Sky Mobile customers within the Sky Mobile forums, part of the Other Sky help and support category; https://corporate.sky.com/media-cent...bile-customers Sky Mobile today announced that from 1 June 2017, all customers on all plans will be able to use ...

Scubbie is offline Sky User Moderator
      Exchange: 02392
      Broadband ISP: Sky Fibre Unlimited
      Router: Sky Q Hub ER110
      Sky TV: Sky+HD box
      Thanks
      Thanked 2,207 Times in 2,076 Posts

Sky launches European roaming at no extra cost for all Sky Mobile customers

https://corporate.sky.com/media-cent...bile-customers

Sky Mobile today announced that from 1 June 2017, all customers on all plans will be able to use their monthly mobile data, calls, and texts, in 36 European destinations at no extra cost.

As the only network that lets customers both choose to change their plan when they want, and roll over any unused data each month to keep for up to three years, Sky Mobile offers a new level of flexibility for holidaymakers. They won’t be caught short when roaming abroad in Europe this summer.

For customers with Unlimited Calls and Texts, any calls and texts made or sent to landlines and mobiles within the EU/EEA (to the UK or any other EU/EEA country) are all included. For anyone with Pay As You Use calls and texts, these will be charged at the same rate as when in the UK, so customers can stay in touch with friends and family from the EU/EEA without worrying about additional costs.

With Sky Mobile, any unused data is rolled into the customer’s Sky Piggybank each month. Those with data already saved up can opt to dip into their Sky Piggybank to use when they need a little extra – such as when they’re on holiday in Europe and not connected to their usual home Wi-Fi , so they are not forced to pay an out-of-bundle charge or pence per MB fee.

Customers can also choose to change their plan whenever they like with ‘Mix’– meaning they can add or remove data, or switch between unlimited and PAYU calls and texts. This is ideal, for example, if they want to up their data allowance before a summer holiday, so they can use it when sightseeing, browsing by the pool or live streaming from the beach. When they get back home, they are free to switch back to their usual plan with no extra charges.

Liz Wynn, Sky’s Director of Mobile, said: “This is great news for Sky Mobile customers planning summer holidays - you can browse and stream in Europe knowing you won’t be hit with any nasty surprises on your bill when you get home. And Sky Mobile gives you the added flexibility of being able to mix up your data, calls and texts each month and dip into your Sky Piggybank for extra data you might need for streaming videos by the pool or sharing holiday updates on social media.”

Sky Mobile customers also have access to low data roaming charges outside the EU in over 100 destinations, including 12p per MB in popular destinations such as the USA, Canada, Australia and New Zealand.

Full details of all Sky Mobile’s roaming charges and terms and conditions can be found at http://www.sky.com/shop/terms-conditions/mobile

2. Advertisement
      lettice is offline Sky User Member
      Exchange: 0.4 mile away and cabinet 350 yards
      Broadband ISP: Sky Fibre Max
      Router: ER110UK Sky Q hub
      Sky TV: SkyQ2tb + minis
      Thanks

Re: Sky launches European roaming at no extra cost for all Sky Mobile customers

Quote Originally Posted by Scubbie View Post
      As the only network that lets customers both choose to change their plan when they want, and roll over any unused data each month
      Only network to roll over? I have been able to do that on Vodafone for the last six months.
      I can switch plans whenever I like too, I'm on a monthly rolling sim only deal that gives a much better data pl;an than sky mobile does and of course its not on the awful coverage and non existent here O2 network.

James_Mitchell is offline Sky User Member
      Exchange:
      Broadband ISP: Sky Fibre Unlimited Max
      Router: Sky Q Hub
      Thanks

I've just upgraded on EE here to one of their new plans which includes roaming. As well as all allowances included for full EU roaming, EE's new Max plans (both 24 month and SIM only) now also include full roaming allowances in USA, Canada, Mexico, Australia and New Zealand as well.

Does Sky Mobile offer 4G roaming yet, as I don't think O2 (and Three) do?

Scubbie is offline Sky User Moderator
      Exchange: 02392
      Broadband ISP: Sky Fibre Unlimited
      Router: Sky Q Hub ER110
      Thanks
      Thanked 2,207 Times in 2,076 Posts

O2 made their network announcement on Tuesday about covering Europe. I'm not sure if they are limited to 3G, but certainly whilst I was in Malta last year it was 4G only.

What upset me more was that I took my MiFi wth me and they capped it below my monthly allowance.

As I was using the Internet through my MiFi for my tablet and laptop, I was more than a little upset when I found out the hard way that it was locked until a few days into the next month's allowance.

Sky Fibre Unlimited Pro: Connected at 80,000 kbps / 20,000 kbps
      Previous ADSL2+ Speed 19999 kbps 1153 kbps, Line Attenuation 17.5 db 6.9 db, Noise Margin 7.5 dB 8.7 dB
      Speedtest: 17.15MB/s 0.97Mb/s Ping 31 ms