Your forum username:
Do you already have an account?
Forgot your password?

Welcome to Sky User - The Unofficial Support Forum for everything Sky! - Proudly helping over 65k members.

Advertisement

DRX890 Sound but no Picture

This is a discussion on DRX890 Sound but no Picture within the Sky+ HD Supertelly forums, part of the Other Sky help and support category; Hi, Hoping for some help here, as I have run out of ideas to fix this. I have sound from ...

petermcc is offline Sky User Member
      Exchange:
      Broadband ISP: Other ISP
      Router: Non-Sky Router
      Sky TV: Sky+HD box
      Thanks

DRX890 Sound but no Picture

Hi, Hoping for some help here, as I have run out of ideas to fix this.

I have sound from the Sky+HD box but no picture. I am connected to my HDTV with an HDMI cable. I have tried replacing the cable and have also changed to try the 3xRCA jacks to the TV but this gives the same result... still sound from the SKY demo channel but no picture. I have verified that the TV is fine on both inputs by using another source, and it is OK.

I have powered off the sky box twice and restarted it, but no change. It does not display the SKY messages as it starts up and after a while I can get the sound from the sky demo channel.

I am thinking that the box may be faulty. I can't use any menu options to try anything else as there is no display. I've checked for other threads to see if there is a fix for this.

What would your recommend I do? Thanks in anticipation

Peter.

2. Advertisement
      petermcc is offline Sky User Member
      Exchange:
      Broadband ISP: Other ISP
      Router: Non-Sky Router
      Sky TV: Sky+HD box
      Thanks

Re: DRX890 Sound but no Picture

Well ... total mystery. I was just about to try the "force software update when the picture came back. I may have pressed the back button on the box but not totally sure. Anyway, It appears to be working and I have no explanation.