Your forum username:
Do you already have an account?
Forgot your password?

Welcome to Sky User - The Unofficial Support Forum for everything Sky! - Proudly helping over 65k members.

Advertisement

Copy+ / Extract+

This is a discussion on Copy+ / Extract+ within the Sky+ HD Supertelly forums, part of the Other Sky help and support category; So, I've caved into SkyQ as part of my annual contract re-negotiation. My current HDD only has BBC recordings on ...

reddwarfcrew is offline Sky User Moderator
      Exchange:
      Broadband ISP: Sky Fibre Unlimited Pro
      Router: Sky Hub SR102
      Sky TV: Sky+HD box
      Thanks

Copy+ / Extract+

So, I've caved into SkyQ as part of my annual contract re-negotiation.

My current HDD only has BBC recordings on it (music/gigs etc off BBC4 over the years). Does the Extract+ software still work (+Extract - free software that rips free-to-air recordings from a Sky+ hard disk) as I'd like to extract these and add to my Plex server.

The software hasn't been updated in 7 years and was built for XP. Anyone with experiences with Win10?

2. Advertisement
      seawright is offline Sky User Member
      Exchange: 02392
      Broadband ISP: Other ISP
      Router: Non Sky Router
      Sky TV: Sky+HD box
      Thanks

Re: Copy+ / Extract+

Copy+ is only used with white Sky+ boxes. I have no experience of +Extract so I'm unable to give a definitive answer but doubt that it would work as there has been so many changes to the Sky+ HD planner database format since this programme was last updated. The most reliable programme has been ExPVR but like +Extract has not been updated for many years. The ExPVR forums are currently down for maintenance but recent posts have complained of difficulty and failures in this area.

If you are a Linux hacker or know of anyone who is you might like to look at https://sourceforge.net/projects/xtvfs/.

It only mounts the disk readonly so will allow files to be copied to another drive but because it doesn't try to access the planner database will show filenames that have no relationship to the title of the programmes they contain.