Your forum username:
Do you already have an account?
Forgot your password?

Welcome to Sky User - The Unofficial Support Forum for everything Sky! - Proudly helping over 65k members.

Advertisement

Like Tree1Likes
    • 1 Post By checkmate

sky customer support - Technical Fault - long running isse

This is a discussion on sky customer support - Technical Fault - long running isse within the Sky+ HD Supertelly forums, part of the Other Sky help and support category; Hi guys So I have got sky since Jan and then within few weeks I am getting technical fault – ...

checkmate is offline Sky User Member
      Exchange:
      Broadband ISP: Max
      Router:
      Sky TV:
      Thanks

sky customer support - Technical Fault - long running isse

Hi guys

So I have got sky since Jan and then within few weeks I am getting technical fault – 7 on my recordings. I have had 3 sky boxes, 2 new sky dishes, and around 9 sky engineers. Every time sky guys come they say they know what issue is and they say it will be resolved after this visit and so on. And sadly it has not. 9 -10 engineers and 9-10 times on phone for hour or so, all time repeating the issue I am having (this is frustrating!!) I am a IT contractor so initially I had to take 3-4 days off unpaid to get the issue resolved fast but now after 9 visits I am just taking weekend slots as can’t afford to take unpaid days off.

I get complaint reference numbers all time and when I call back they tell me the complaint is closed? Can they just close the complaint case without asking customer if the issue is resolved?? As that’s what they have done.

In April I installed a porch. So now they saying the issue is because the cabling is buried within porch. But I have said the issue is since FEB! and they still insistent it’s the porch. I just feel they playing trial and error game.

Every time engineer comes they do one thing. Some just simple master reset and insists it will work but never does…..
      Can you advice what I can do? Can I take them to court or something as this is really bugging me now? Since Jan I’ve had 9-10 engineers, some engineers have left number and ask to call me if it don’t work and they’ve came so I’ve had more than 10 visits if I add that up in space of 4months…
      MrTazz likes this.

2. Advertisement
      Isitme is offline Sky User Moderator
      Exchange: Bannockburn
      Broadband ISP: Sky Fibre Unlimited
      Router: Sky Hub SR102
      Sky TV: Sky+ HD
      Thanks
      Thanked 1,655 Times in 1,616 Posts

Re: sky customer support - Technical Fault - long running isse

Technical fault 7 is a very difficult one to resolve as there are many causes under the same umbrella. It has been attributed to everything from corrupt planners to failing hard drives. I agree that if the fault was present before it is very unlikely your porch has anything to do with it. The official Sky forum is full of complaints concerning this particular fault. Have a look through some of these and see if anything helps. Put Technical fault 7 in the search box.
      Sky Search

TomD

Please note the views and recommendations in my posts are my own and in no way reflect the views of SkyUser.

Useful Utilites

http://www.nirsoft.net/utils/wifi_information_view.html/ TCPOptimiser /Test Socket

Note - When downloading always select the Custom install or you will end up with stuff you don't want.

checkmate is offline Sky User Member
      Exchange:
      Broadband ISP: Max
      Router:
      Sky TV:
      Thanks

Re: sky customer support - Technical Fault - long running isse

I have gone through majority of the pages in this forum and sadly neither has helped. some resolutions thats worked for others has not worked for me even gone through all diagnostics....

its just getting frustrating.... i am so tempted to just cancel and pay off the remainder due to the agro its giving me