Your forum username:
Do you already have an account?
Forgot your password?

Welcome to Sky User - The Unofficial Support Forum for everything Sky! - Proudly helping over 65k members.

Advertisement

Signal issues with certain channels: 2-way splitter?

This is a discussion on Signal issues with certain channels: 2-way splitter? within the Sky+ HD Supertelly forums, part of the Other Sky help and support category; Hi, I'm having issues with my signal on a few channels. I have one capable coming from the wall satellite ...

alal is offline Sky User Member
      Exchange:
      Broadband ISP: Sky Broadband Unlimited
      Router: DSL-AC68U
      Sky TV: Sky+HD box
      Thanks

Question Signal issues with certain channels: 2-way splitter?

Hi,

I'm having issues with my signal on a few channels.
      I have one capable coming from the wall satellite faceplate that goes into a 2-way splitter and then from the splitter 2 cables connect to the Sky box. This is to have Sky+ (record one channel and watch a different one). It has been working fine until 2 weeks ago.
      The issue now is that I do not get some of the channels. The cables are fine, communal dish is fine as well as no one else in the building is having issues. Only thing I need to try is with another 2-way splitter. The one I have is in the picture attached. Can I just get any 2-way splitter like from Amazon? Or do I need a specific one?

Thanks.
      Attached Thumbnails Attached Thumbnails Signal issues with certain channels: 2-way splitter?-_20160207_163804.jpg  

2. Advertisement
      seawright is offline Sky User Member
      Exchange: 02392
      Broadband ISP: Other ISP
      Router: Non Sky Router
      Thanks

Re: Signal issues with certain channels: 2-way splitter?

As I said previously: Communal dish - 1 feed - dual signal (2 cores)? the only way to do this is with a stacker/de-stacker. To check that you haven't caused any damage to your Sky+ HD box or the communal systems multi-switch you should disconnect the splitter, configure the box for single feed mode and connect sat1 input to the satellite faceplate using the longest of your three leads. You can then check that all the channels you watch or record provide sufficient signal level to give good picture and sound.

Exchange:
      Thanks

Hi seawright, I have no details about the stacker or de stacker. All I know is that a engineer came here many months ago, fitted the 2 way splitter and connected 2 feeds to my Sky+ HD box. From that moment I was able to record 1 channel and watch a different one. I haven't fitted anything. Don't ask me about technical details, because I do not know.
      All I am asking is for advice on a new 2 way splitter and try if it solves my issue. This issue started 2 weeks ago. Really odd thing is that very rarely I can see all the channels with no issue.
      I have tried changing the single feed mode on the box to ON and I am able to get all channels.

Thanks.

seawright is offline Sky User Member
      Exchange: 02392
      Broadband ISP: Other ISP
      Router: Non Sky Router
      Thanks

I can't recommend any kind of splitter as a standard satellite feed from a multi-switch cannot be split to provide two inputs for a Sky+ HD set top box. You said previously:
      Quote Originally Posted by alal View Post
      I was told that the communal dish is running dual signal (2 cores) feed in a single cable and that I only need some sort of device to split the single cable dual feed into to cables and then connect the 2 cables to the sky box.
      If this is the case you would require a de-stacker to match the stacker used to combine the feeds at the communal dish distribution cabinet. Without knowing more details of the stacker it is not possible to recommend any particular type as there is no common standard for these devices. Even buying a de-stacker from the same manufacturer is not guaranteed to provide compatibility.

Exchange:
      Thanks

OK. Thanks.
      But just to let you know I have no stacker or de stacker at home. Only have a 2 way splitter has shown on my 1st post.