Your forum username:
Do you already have an account?
Forgot your password?

Welcome to Sky User - The Unofficial Support Forum for everything Sky! - Proudly helping over 65k members.

Advertisement

Strange comment by Sky support

This is a discussion on Strange comment by Sky support within the Sky+ HD Supertelly forums, part of the Other Sky help and support category; I have been having problems with my Sky HD receiver recently; it will suddenly become unresponsive although whatever channel is ...

andyrp is offline Sky User Member
      Exchange: Thorne
      Broadband ISP: Not on Sky
      Router:
      Sky TV:
      Thanks

Strange comment by Sky support

I have been having problems with my Sky HD receiver recently; it will suddenly become unresponsive although whatever channel is selected continues to be viewable but channels can't be changed. I have had to reset the receiver a few times but decided to call Sky today; the agent took me through a reset process and the said "I will send you a fresh signal". I asked him to repeat and he confirmed the same. What exactly is a "fresh signal"?

The receiver has been playing up a lot lately; will no doubt end up with an an egineer visit and a replacement reliever - any idea if this will be new and what model (is there only 1 model in use now?)

Thanks.

2. Advertisement
      bubblegun is offline Sky User Member
      Exchange: near Glasgow
      Broadband ISP: Sky ADSL
      Router: Billion 7400
      Sky TV: Sky Q 2TB
      Thanks

Re: Strange comment by Sky support

Quote Originally Posted by andyrp View Post
      I have been having problems with my Sky HD receiver recently; it will suddenly become unresponsive although whatever channel is selected continues to be viewable but channels can't be changed. I have had to reset the receiver a few times but decided to call Sky today; the agent took me through a reset process and the said "I will send you a fresh signal". I asked him to repeat and he confirmed the same. What exactly is a "fresh signal"?

The receiver has been playing up a lot lately; will no doubt end up with an an egineer visit and a replacement reliever - any idea if this will be new and what model (is there only 1 model in use now?)

Thanks.
      Sounds like "BS". He will be resending the activation signals to your box for: Free to view, subscription services, the "personal bits" (PIN number, card pairing details, etc) and similar stuff. It's usually a waste of time (but...) If you are getting a good strong signal according to your boxes readings, then it's all they can do aside from sending out an engineer/installer.

al1
      al1 is offline Sky User Member
      Exchange: 01505
      Broadband ISP: Other ISP
      Router: Non Sky Router
      Sky TV: Sky Basic
      Thanks

Re: Strange comment by Sky support

It may be that you are suffering from the same problem as others, which appears to be caused by a software upgrade affecting the TV Guide/ series recordings, but in a number of cases causing the box to freeze, either while a channel is being displayed so can't change the channel, or gives a blank screen. I'm having to reboot every two or three days. There are a couple of other threads about this and Sky have posted on their Service Status that they are working on it.