Your forum username:
Do you already have an account?
Forgot your password?

Welcome to Sky User - The Unofficial Support Forum for everything Sky! - Proudly helping over 65k members.

Advertisement

Paring Viewing Card with Sky HD+ Box?

This is a discussion on Paring Viewing Card with Sky HD+ Box? within the Sky+ HD Supertelly forums, part of the Other Sky help and support category; Hi all, I'm trying to pair my sky viewing card and box, please can you let me know my options: ...

JazzyJ is offline Sky User Member
      Exchange:
      Broadband ISP: Sky Broadband Unlimited
      Router: Sky Hub SR101
      Sky TV: Sky Basic
      Thanks

Paring Viewing Card with Sky HD+ Box?

Hi all, I'm trying to pair my sky viewing card and box, please can you let me know my options:

1. I have a Sky Broadband Account - but DON'T HAVE Sky TV subscription/account
      2. Have a second hand SKY HD+ box working as a Freesat box
      3. Have a Sky viewing card (second hand, didn't come with box) that works - i.e. get Sony TV, Liverpoool FC etc.
      4. Even though the viewing card works it is not 'paired'
      5. The reason I want to pair the card is to activate Parental Control and block Adult channels (901etc)
      6. The last 4 digits of the viewing card won't unlock parental control
      7. I have plugged the SKY HD+ box into phone line, and have also plugged in Broadband (ethernet), separately and together.
      8. I try to do the 'Activation Self Set Up' via Sky Active but get error ISG-910 or sometimes an 811 error.

So 2 questions:

Firstly, how can I pair the card and box, if they're both second hand and I don't have a Sky account, apart from a broadband account? I've rang Sky and they say that the card is registered to someone else who has a pin set up on it. The card works for channels. All I want to do is block adult content. If I buy a new viewing card for 25 will this pair with the box?

and Secondly, is there a way to totally reset the box, so that it will reset the parental password to a default, or so that the viewing card last 4 digits will be accepted? I done a 'system reset' with the 'hidden' menu but this basically just deletes the recorded programs.

Any help would be appreciated.

Problem solved - I have a sky box with a card that I know the PIN. I inserted this card in the other SKY box, and it accepted the pin and I could turn off Adult content. The card obviously wouldn't pair, but it gave me access to the adult channels to tune them off! Great!

Thanks
      Last edited by JazzyJ; 09-06-14 at 10:11 AM.

2. Advertisement
      The Realist is offline Sky User Member
      Exchange: Anything
      Broadband ISP: Sky Fibre 100GB Trial Gold X
      Router: Sky Q Hub Mk7 Trial Gold
      Sky TV: SkyQ/Motorised
      Thanks

Re: Paring Viewing Card with Sky HD+ Box?

If the card has already been activated under someone else's name and they have set the pin its only the original account holder that has the rights/access to change/pair the card.

The pin is set on the card not the box.

1) Do you know who the cards original account holder?

Regards
      Disclaimer: The views expressed here are my own and in no way represent the views or policies of my employer.