Your forum username:
Do you already have an account?
Forgot your password?

Welcome to Sky User - The Unofficial Support Forum for everything Sky! - Proudly helping over 65k members.

Advertisement

HD Box (Amstrad DRX595) - TV Guide Not Updating - No listings available - Ideas?

This is a discussion on HD Box (Amstrad DRX595) - TV Guide Not Updating - No listings available - Ideas? within the Sky+ HD Supertelly forums, part of the Other Sky help and support category; Hi all, I have just replaced my trusty old Pace DS430N with an Amstrad DRX595. The DRX595 performs flawlessly except ...

asha_bristol is offline Sky User Member
      Exchange:
      Broadband ISP: Sky Broadband Unlimited
      Router: Sagem F@ST 2504n
      Sky TV: SkyHD box
      Thanks

HD Box (Amstrad DRX595) - TV Guide Not Updating - No listings available - Ideas?

Hi all,

I have just replaced my trusty old Pace DS430N with an Amstrad DRX595. The DRX595 performs flawlessly except for one thing. It doesn't update the tv guide. It loads a full 7 days when it's first switched on at the mains (or taken out of deep sleep mode) but other than that the tv guide slowly becomes 'listings not available' for days in advance. For instance, if left on for 1 day I then I get 'no listings available' after 6 days. If left on for 2 days then only 5 days before 'no listings available' until after a full week everything is no listings available. The only way around this is to power off the box (or put it in deep sleep mode) and then start again with another 7 days worth of listings. Any ideas as to why this happens?

I have also noticed that the transport stream is different to the Pace. The Pace always had 07d4, but the DRX595 always has 07dc. I plugged the Pace back in to confirm I was still able to get 07d4 and I am. I've tried reading up on whether or not this could be a factor and I'm still none the wiser. Could this be linked to the above problem? The box performs great in every other aspect, never a word out of sync or a pixeled block and it picks up every channel no problems so I'm starting to rule out cable / lnb issues.

I've tried updating the software (using the guide on this site) and end up with the same version as before and the same results. I've read a bit on here about a new EPG version for this box but does anyone now when it will be rolled out or when I can download it? Currently on Z001.001.64.00P. Not overly fussed about having the new EPG other than perhaps it can cure this 'no listings available' issue?

Any thoughts greatly appreciated as always.

2. Advertisement
      Scubbie is offline Sky User Moderator
      Exchange: 02392
      Broadband ISP: Sky Fibre Unlimited
      Router: Sky Q Hub ER110
      Sky TV: Sky+HD box
      Thanks
      Thanked 2,223 Times in 2,092 Posts

Re: HD Box (Amstrad DRX595) - TV Guide Not Updating - No listings available - Ideas?

I was going to ask which EPG you are on. The new EPG is a little nicer for the DRX595. It should be a little better, but I am concerned about the missing listings.

On the whole the DRX595 is trouble free.

When you installed the new STB, did you contact Sky to ensure that the viewing card is paired with it?

At night do you turn the STB off completely or is it left in Standby mode?

It may also be worth connecting the DRX595 to the feed to your main STB to see if this works better.

Sky Fibre Unlimited Pro: Connected at 80,000 kbps / 20,000 kbps
      Previous ADSL2+ Speed 19999 kbps 1153 kbps, Line Attenuation 17.5 db 6.9 db, Noise Margin 7.5 dB 8.7 dB
      Speedtest: 17.15MB/s 0.97Mb/s Ping 31 ms

Exchange:
      Thanks

Re: HD Box (Amstrad DRX595) - TV Guide Not Updating - No listings available - Ideas?

Hi Scubbie,

Thanks for your reply. In answer to your questions, yes, the card is paired with the box, we upgraded to the hd pack at the same time.

We usually leave it powered up (geen light) all the time, as we use it to watch tv upstairs via an io-link and scart lead. This is our only box as we don't require sky+ features.

Is the software upgrade for this box available to download at the moment? I tried earlier today and it either didn't update after the 10 minutes or it just updated with the same (old) version. Is it worth trying again?

Thanks.

Scubbie is offline Sky User Moderator
      Exchange: 02392
      Broadband ISP: Sky Fibre Unlimited
      Router: Sky Q Hub ER110
      Sky TV: Sky+HD box
      Thanks
      Thanked 2,223 Times in 2,092 Posts

The update is being rolled out. I am not so sure how long it will be for the DRX595 but it should be over a total period of around 2 months to complete. It has been happening for around 3 weeks now, so shouldn't be too long.

As for the Sky+ features, I couldn't live without them myself, but no problem.

Sky Fibre Unlimited Pro: Connected at 80,000 kbps / 20,000 kbps
      Previous ADSL2+ Speed 19999 kbps 1153 kbps, Line Attenuation 17.5 db 6.9 db, Noise Margin 7.5 dB 8.7 dB
      Speedtest: 17.15MB/s 0.97Mb/s Ping 31 ms

Exchange:
      Thanks

Thanks for the info on the EPG update. Guess I'll just have to sit tight and wait.

I've today plugged in another DRX595 just to see what happens, again the transport stream is 07dc and again after a few hours the same problem occurs with the listings at the end of the 7 days becoming not available.

Can anyone who has a DRX595 tell me if their transport stream is 07dc? Also, if there is anyone who doesn't put their DRX595 in 'deep sleep' can you tell me if you experience the same issue? Go to TV guide and plus 24hrs until you get to the 7 days in advance and see if you have any listings.

I was beginning to think my box might be faulty but now I'm not so sure. All help much appreciated.