Your forum username:
Do you already have an account?
Forgot your password?

Welcome to Sky User - The Unofficial Support Forum for everything Sky! - Proudly helping over 65k members.

Advertisement

Sky HD TV Guide channel locations?

This is a discussion on Sky HD TV Guide channel locations? within the Sky+ HD Supertelly forums, part of the Other Sky help and support category; I have recently upgraded from Sky+ to Sky HD, after some negotiations with Sky (thanks!). Everything is up and working, ...

Lectrician is offline Sky User Member
      Exchange: 01271
      Broadband ISP: Eclipse Business
      Router: Draytek Vigor 2830n
      Sky TV: Sky+HD box
      Thanks

Sky HD TV Guide channel locations?

I have recently upgraded from Sky+ to Sky HD, after some negotiations with Sky (thanks!).

Everything is up and working, including the ethernet On Demand.

When I last played with HD at someone elses house, I could have sworn that the HD BBC1 (for example) would be the first channel on the TV guide (in place of the SD BBC1)? Am I mistaken?

I also recall if you went to an SD channel to view something, and there was an HD version, it would offer yout he choice in a popup message?

I am finding it a tad annoying searching for HD channels, and end up just watching the SD versions as they are quick to find!

While I am posting, I know this maybe off topic, but I have used Copy+ a few times in the past when helping others to replace sky boxes or replacing disks etc.

I thought I would do this again, and copy and convert my SD recordings into the new HD box. Unfortunately mybox has the newer planner software (forget the name?), and it would not work. Is there anything in the pipeline to allow me to copy the old programms from the old box to the new? Can you "merge" from an old Sky+ SD disk to a new Sky HD disk, merging the old programs in with the new?

Thanks.

2. Advertisement
      Old_nick is offline Sky User Member
      Exchange:
      Broadband ISP: Be Unlimited
      Router: Non Sky Router
      Sky TV: Sky+ HD
      Thanks

Re: Sky HD TV Guide channel locations?

Sky played around with the HD channel numbers some time ago, which effectively moved the BBC HD channels from near the top of the HD listings to near the bottom of the page. What I've done is to put the HD versions of BBC, ITV, C4 and C5 on to the Favourites menu and select them from there. As far as I'm aware there has never been a popup for HD versions of SD channels on Sky, but some of the other Satellite/Freeview boxes do it.

Isitme is offline Sky User Moderator
      Exchange: Bannockburn
      Broadband ISP: Sky Fibre Unlimited
      Router: Sky Hub SR102
      Thanks
      Thanked 1,655 Times in 1,616 Posts

I don't think you can merge the progams, but have a look here for some info -
      Darwin to Darwin Recording Copier - Beta Testers Wanted!

TomD

Please note the views and recommendations in my posts are my own and in no way reflect the views of SkyUser.

Useful Utilites

http://www.nirsoft.net/utils/wifi_information_view.html/ TCPOptimiser /Test Socket

Note - When downloading always select the Custom install or you will end up with stuff you don't want.

Lectrician is offline Sky User Member
      Exchange: 01271
      Broadband ISP: Eclipse Business
      Router: Draytek Vigor 2830n
      Thanks

Thanks. Getting used to it all now, just a shame the recordings I had have to stay on the old box! More because of the grief the misses gives me!

She wants to watch some of the recordings before the box goes, and so thought I would just plug the old box into a spare TV, wack the viewing card in and let her watch. unfortunately you have to also have the dish connected to allow playback by the looks of things! Will have to swap boxes at the main TV for a day to let her catch up with what she is about to loose!

seawright is offline Sky User Member
      Exchange: 02392
      Broadband ISP: Other ISP
      Router: Non Sky Router
      Thanks

Quote Originally Posted by Lectrician View Post
      Thanks. Getting used to it all now, just a shame the recordings I had have to stay on the old box! More because of the grief the misses gives me!She wants to watch some of the recordings before the box goes, and so thought I would just plug the old box into a spare TV, wack the viewing card in and let her watch. unfortunately you have to also have the dish connected to allow playback by the looks of things! Will have to swap boxes at the main TV for a day to let her catch up with what she is about to loose!
      You'll probably also have to give Sky a call once everything is connected to pair your viewing card to the original box.

Isitme is offline Sky User Moderator
      Exchange: Bannockburn
      Broadband ISP: Sky Fibre Unlimited
      Router: Sky Hub SR102
      Thanks
      Thanked 1,655 Times in 1,616 Posts

Remember if you re-pair the card to the original box the you will loose the ability to record/watch recordings on your new box. Better bite the bullet, cover your ears and forget about it. You may even find the programs she wants to see in the On Demand section, they have a very big selection between the Libruary and all the iPlayers.

TomD

Please note the views and recommendations in my posts are my own and in no way reflect the views of SkyUser.

Useful Utilites

http://www.nirsoft.net/utils/wifi_information_view.html/ TCPOptimiser /Test Socket

Note - When downloading always select the Custom install or you will end up with stuff you don't want.