Your forum username:
Do you already have an account?
Forgot your password?

Welcome to Sky User - The Unofficial Support Forum for everything Sky! - Proudly helping over 65k members.

Advertisement

Page 2 of 49 FirstFirst 123412 ... LastLast
    Like Tree37Likes

Sky+ HD STB Firmware Versions

This is a discussion on Sky+ HD STB Firmware Versions within the Sky+ HD Supertelly forums, part of the Other Sky help and support category; Originally Posted by mrmt32 I don't think that a forced software download would fix anything if there is no newer ...

seawright is online now Sky User Member
      Exchange: 02392
      Broadband ISP: Other ISP
      Router: Non Sky Router
      Sky TV: Sky+HD box
      Thanks

Re: Sky+ HD STB Firmware Versions

Quote Originally Posted by mrmt32 View Post
      I don't think that a forced software download would fix anything if there is no newer software version. All it does is download the same firmware you already have and rewrite it to the flash chip, so there will be no change (the firmware will not be modified by the box in normal operation). It does seem that the Thompson does not have any firmware being transmitted for it any more, which makes sense as all of the Thompson boxes should have been updated to the last released version by now, and the more firmwares on the stream the longer it will take for all the other boxes to do a forced download. You can't request a certain file over a satellite, Sky have to send everything, so it just cycles through each firmware; the box has to wait for all the other firmwares to be transmitted before it can download the correct one.
      Understand that Matt which I guess is why a forced download can take up to 15 minutes whereas a scheduled download only takes the box out of service for two to three minutes. It's just that with Amstrad boxes it is usual to try a software download for an unresponsive box before trying a system reset if that doesn't work. I guess that with a Thomson box you'll get the "Do not unplug box message" then it will just hang waiting for a non-existant download.

2. Advertisement
      Scubbie is offline Sky User Moderator
      Broadband ISP: Sky Fibre Unlimited
      Router: Sky Q Hub ER110
      Thanks
      Thanked 2,219 Times in 2,088 Posts

I have changed the order in the list so that the oldest is listed first. The only exception is the 2TB DRX895, which is listed before the DRX595.

I have also put added borders which haven't copied across to well. I may remove these at a later date.

Sky Fibre Unlimited Pro: Connected at 80,000 kbps / 20,000 kbps
      Previous ADSL2+ Speed 19999 kbps 1153 kbps, Line Attenuation 17.5 db 6.9 db, Noise Margin 7.5 dB 8.7 dB
      Speedtest: 17.15MB/s 0.97Mb/s Ping 31 ms

Obeone is offline Sky User Member
      Exchange:
      Broadband ISP: Plusnet
      Router: Technicolour 582n
      Sky TV: Sky Basic
      Thanks

You might want to check out THIS thread Scubbie as there has been another release for the Pace boxes.

Thanks

I am aware of this version, but currently I believe that the version discussed isn't currently a mainstream version and is actually a beta version. Once I know that it is a mainstream version then I shall amend the chart, unless another mod beats me to it.

I am purposefully not including the beta versions in the chart. If I were to do this it would break the NDA agreements and also scare a few too many people.

Previous ADSL2+ Speed 19999 kbps 1153 kbps, Line Attenuation 17.5 db 6.9 db, Noise Margin 7.5 dB 8.7 dB

Thanks

Quote Originally Posted by Scubbie View Post
      1. Power off your Sky+ HD STB at the mains
      2. Press and hold the button on the top of the box (NB: Not the remote control!)
      3. Power on the Sky+ HD STB at the mains, whilst continuing to hold the button
      4. Keep holding the button until either the blue LEDs on the front of the Sky box start flashing or the display on your TV confirms that the process has begun
      The flashing blue LEDs indicate hardware reset selected on Amstrad boxes, not sure about the other manufacturers. Surely this should read:
      4. Keep holding the <Backup> button until either the four LEDs to the right of the play indicator on the front of the Sky box illuminate or the display on your TV confirms that the process has begun.

Exchange:
      Thanks

Quote Originally Posted by Scubbie View Post
      I am aware of this version, but currently I believe that the version discussed isn't currently a mainstream version and is actually a beta version. Once I know that it is a mainstream version then I shall amend the chart, unless another mod beats me to it.

I am purposefully not including the beta versions in the chart. If I were to do this it would break the NDA agreements and also scare a few too many people.
      Which then begs the question if 13 is a Beta release how on earth have I ended up with it as it arrived via the usual method. Ps if you've read my post in the other thread you may wish to let them know on the Beta forum the new version hasn't worked.

Thanks

Quote Originally Posted by seawright View Post
      The flashing blue LEDs indicate hardware reset selected on Amstrad boxes, not sure about the other manufacturers. Surely this should read:...
      Can someone verify this please? I have my circle of LEDs disabled and can't perform a forced update due to on going testing.

Quote Originally Posted by Obeone View Post
      Which then begs the question if 13 is a Beta release how on earth have I ended up with it as it arrived via the usual method. Ps if you've read my post in the other thread you may wish to let them know on the Beta forum the new version hasn't worked.
      I believe this has already been fed back to the relevant beta group.

Just is case, could you navigate to the Sky forums, log in (if you are showing as logged in, sign out first, then log in again) and look to see if you have an forum listed under the "TV Equipment" section. It will be something like "Further Enhanced EPG for DRX780, Pace and Samsung".

gymno Guest
      Exchange:
      Broadband ISP:
      Router:
      Sky TV:

Quote Originally Posted by Scubbie
      Can someone verify this please?
      When i do a forced update on my DRX890, the 4 LEDs to the right of centre light up solid.

10. The Following User Says Thank You to gymno For This Useful Post:

Scubbie (07-12-12)

Thanks

Quote Originally Posted by Obeone View Post
      If you're having problems with the software on your PACE set top box (stb) you could try a forced software download and see if s/w reverts back to version R005.054.10.00P. At the same time could you let Scubbie know what indication you get on the front of the stb when a software download is initiated.

Exchange:
      Thanks

Quote Originally Posted by seawright View Post
      If you're having problems with the software on your PACE set top box (stb) you could try a forced software download and see if s/w reverts back to version R005.054.10.00P. At the same time could you let Scubbie know what indication you get on the front of the stb when a software download is initiated.
      I could revert back to previous version but as they are both equally problematic and both versions appear to be exhibiting exactly the same errors I see little point.

Page 2 of 49 FirstFirst 123412 ... LastLast