Your forum username:
Do you already have an account?
Forgot your password?

Welcome to Sky User - The Unofficial Support Forum for everything Sky! - Proudly helping over 65k members.

Advertisement

recordings say 'unavailable'

This is a discussion on recordings say 'unavailable' within the Sky+ HD Supertelly forums, part of the Other Sky help and support category; I have a sky hd box as a multiroom box without hd subscription. Its always been fine but now on ...

vix2000 is offline Sky User Member
      Exchange:
      Broadband ISP: Sky Broadband Unlimited
      Router: Sagem F@ST 2504
      Sky TV: Sky Basic
      Thanks

recordings say 'unavailable'

I have a sky hd box as a multiroom box without hd subscription. Its always been fine but now on my recordings list the majority say 'unavailable'.

Any ideas why please?

2. Advertisement
      Aves is offline Sky User Member
      Exchange: LVCHI
      Router: Sagemcom 2504N
      Sky TV: Sky+HD box
      Thanks

Re: recordings say 'unavailable'

If they are HD recordings and you don't have the HD pack, then they won't play. Nor will they if they were say recorded on Discovery, and you removed the Knowledge pack. This sort of issue where specific recordings aren't playing is usually subscription based. If all of your recordings are saying unavailable, are you able to make new recordings or does it give you the same message when you try? If you can't record new programs either, it's possible your Sky+ subscription has jumped off your multi-room card. This sometimes happens during call backs if the servers are a little confused. If that's the case, a call to technical will get that added back on for you.

Exchange:
      Thanks

these are not hd recordings they are things like the soaps which have been recording fine for months. there is the odd recording that looks ok but most say unavailable and it doesn't even say what the recordings are. We have the full package bar sky sport so I should be able to record everything on there. I'll try and add some new ones and see what happens. thanks

Aves is offline Sky User Member
      Exchange: LVCHI
      Router: Sagemcom 2504N
      Sky TV: Sky+HD box
      Thanks

Quote Originally Posted by vix2000 View Post
      these are not hd recordings they are things like the soaps which have been recording fine for months. there is the odd recording that looks ok but most say unavailable and it doesn't even say what the recordings are. We have the full package bar sky sport so I should be able to record everything on there. I'll try and add some new ones and see what happens. thanks
      Yeah if you're not able to record new ones either, give technical a ring and ask them to make sure the Sky+ subscription is still attached to the card. There has been a spate of issues recently stemming from callbacks resulting in the recording functions dropping off the multi-room card.

You should also probably do a planner rebuild just as a matter of maintenance. I recommend doing one every few months if you record a lot personally, others will give you varying time-scales. You can choose the rebuild option from the installer menu, which for an HD box is services > 0, 0, 1 > select. Scroll left to REBUILD and press select to let it do its thing. Do not use the RESET option as this will erase all your recordings.

Exchange:
      Thanks

Thanks for the advice. I will give the rebuild a go.