Your forum username:
Do you already have an account?
Forgot your password?

Welcome to Sky User - The Unofficial Support Forum for everything Sky! - Proudly helping over 65k members.

Advertisement

Tip: System Fault 06-0, Sky+ playback and recording unavailable

This is a discussion on Tip: System Fault 06-0, Sky+ playback and recording unavailable within the Sky+ HD Supertelly forums, part of the Other Sky help and support category; We started seeing this message just after a recent software update. Several calls to Sky failed to solve the problem. ...

quirkius is offline Sky User Member
      Exchange:
      Broadband ISP: Sky Broadband Unlimited
      Router: Netgear V2 DG934G
      Sky TV: Sky+HD box
      Thanks

Lightbulb Tip: System Fault 06-0, Sky+ playback and recording unavailable

We started seeing this message just after a recent software update. Several calls to Sky failed to solve the problem. The only solution they tried (time and time again) was to go to the Services menu, press 01 then Select, then Rebuild and/or System Reset.

As the box is out of warranty, they insisted that an engineer would have to come out, at a fee. I refused since it was their software update which rendered the box faulty. Even threatening to cancel my subscription seemed fine with the technical person I spoke to - she very friendly asked me to hold the line while she transferred me.

Luckily my partner saw Paul Annett's blog at Sky HD: Sky Plus system fault, how to fix faulty Sky+ / HD without 65 callout fee @ PaulAnnett.co.uk! Even though it refers to Sky+ and seems to have not been updated for a long while, it did the trick! Thanks Paul!

2. Advertisement
      Alan b is offline Sky User Member
      Exchange:
      Broadband ISP: Unlimited
      Router: Netgear V2 DG934G
      Sky TV: 2 x Sky+ HD
      Thanks

Re: Tip: System Fault 06-0, Sky+ playback and recording unavailable

What you have done is called a "Full System Reset", and to anyone else reading it will delete and recording you have in your planner.