Your forum username:
Do you already have an account?
Forgot your password?

Welcome to Sky User - The Unofficial Support Forum for everything Sky! - Proudly helping over 65k members.

Advertisement

Page 3 of 7 FirstFirst 12345 ... LastLast

Sky HD to become even worse value for money!

This is a discussion on Sky HD to become even worse value for money! within the Sky+ HD Supertelly forums, part of the Other Sky help and support category; Originally Posted by Smithy99 It does seem a little ambiguous, could they be dropping the £10 HD sub which is ...

DonnySky is offline Sky User Member
      Exchange: Balby
      Broadband ISP: Other ISP
      Router: Non Sky Router
      Sky TV: Sky+ HD
      Thanks

Re: Sky HD to become even worse value for money!

Quote Originally Posted by Smithy99 View Post
      It does seem a little ambiguous, could they be dropping the £10 HD sub which is why you will now only get HD for the premium channels that you actually pay for?

If you have to ask the question then they haven't made it clear.
      I sent them an email asking if my £10 HD pack was going to be reduced as a result of this. Here's the "response" I got:-

Thank you for contacting Sky Help Centre.

Your monthly Sky TV cost is determined by which TV channels and Sky equipment you choose. We group our channels into packs so that you only pay for the types of channels you want to watch.

For full details on all our package options please follow this link:

Sky Digital TV - Bundles and Offers - Join Online

As you are registered with MYSKY not only can you manage your Sky account, but you can also keep up to date with the latest information and offers available to you.

If you are an existing customer querying a recent bill or wishing to upgrade your equipment, please follow the link for MYSKY https://mysky.sky.com/portal/site/skycom/mysky

You can also access your billing information via our Interactive services using your Sky remote control. This service is free of charge and is only available if your Sky box is connected to an active telephone line.

Regrettably you cannot downgrade your package online (MYSKY) or via your Sky remote control.

Itís important to note that if you have received a special or promotional offer from us or an independent company on behalf of Sky, it wonít be possible to apply this offer online. Please contact the telephone number supplied and quote the references to take advantage of this.

Whether you are new or an existing customer our best value offers are available online. If you would like more information on our HD Super Telly offer and much more please follow the link below

Sky+HD – Sky+HD High Definition TV - Join or upgrade online

Sky services can only be marketed to the UK and Eire with equipment and viewing cards only being supplied to viewers resident in these countries. Copyright restrictions cannot legally be relaxed for any UK residents based overseas.

I hope this helps with your enquiry.

Kind regards

Sky Help Centre

WHAT KIND OF RESPONSE IS THAT !

2. Advertisement
      alanjrobertson is offline Sky User Member
      Exchange:
      Broadband ISP: Sky Max/Unlimited
      Router: Sagem F@ST 2504
      Thanks

Identical reply to the one I received - I sent a response back and am hoping it was just some initial auto-response and I'll get a proper reply from a human being sometime soon!

indefatigable is offline Sky User Member
      Exchange:
      Broadband ISP: BB tech Support + Max
      Router: Sky Hub SR101
      Sky TV: Sky+HD 2TB
      Thanks

its an auto response, no name on the bottom. When it has a persons name in the signature, that means its been dealt with by an actual person.

I assume you chose the My Sky option on the online form. My Sky is about accessing your account online, so you get that response. If you wanted a more related response, you should choose the option for your billing

Exchange:
      Thanks

I picked packages from the billing menu and still got the same auto-response. They really should make it clearer it's an automatic response though.

leekey is offline Sky User Member
      Exchange:
      Broadband ISP: Not on Sky
      Router:
      Sky TV:
      Thanks

As far as I am aware the e-mail that has been sent out saying that they are going to align the HD chanels to your the mixes that you pay for was what sky orignially was going to do when HD was first launched.

When sky HD was launched there was not many HD channels and to make your £10 p/m worth while they would let you have access to all the non-premium HD channels.

Playing devils advocote here but arn't sky doing what they initially set out to do when sky HD was first launched ?

For those that are still in the 12 month contractual period then you can call sky to keep all the HD channels (Except premiun unless you subscribe to those) which is not breaking your contract.

There are rumors that sky will be dropping the £10 p/m charge for the HD channels that are in your mixes but these are just RUMORS and we don;t know until it happens.

Think of it this way for the £10 p/m you currently pay and if you only subscribe to 1 mix you have been getting the extra HD channels for free for the past (x) amount of years.

Exchange:
      Thanks

Personally I see it as £10/mo being a pretty excessive extra cost for HD on top of my existing 1 pack subscription and receiving a few extra HD channels made it vaguely worth the money. If they want to move to HD being no extra cost and only offering me Sky 1 HD I'd be happy enough with that. I'm outside of my initial minimum term but after taking the new 1TB box have extended the contract for another year - still waiting to hear officially from them that they'll extend the current HD channel line-up, but if they do I'll probably drop it once this new term finishes.

penrhyn is offline Sky User Member
      Exchange: Long Eaton
      Router: Sagem F@ST 2504n
      Sky TV: Sky+ HD 1TB Box
      Thanks

After some discussion with Sky on the phone they agree that they will extend my HD channel availability till the end of my contract. Only problem is they did not appear to have a system in place to do it, have a note on my account for a call back.

BTW Anytime Plus is due to launch in September.

deadman1984 is offline Sky User Member
      Exchange: Ponteland Newcastle Upon Tyne
      Broadband ISP: John Lewis broadband
      Router: Nighthawk r7000
      Sky TV: Sky+ HD + multi
      Thanks

best wait and see if this is going to be what the packages are gonna be if it is the case then i reckon alot will leave or not bother taken up the packages

DonnySky is offline Sky User Member
      Exchange: Balby
      Broadband ISP: Other ISP
      Thanks

Ok, I've had a 'proper' response from Sky now. Here it is (note I've only got the Variety pack):-

First and foremost please accept my apologies for the response you received

This was an automated reply for fast response to customers, depending on the boxes that are ticked during registering your query, our computers generate an automated response

With regards to you query, I can confirm with you that on or around the 5th October, 2010 the change will come into place where your viewing package will reflect your HD channels as you subscribe to the "Variety" the HD channels you will have are

"FX and FX(+1hr)"

Hallmark Channel and Hallmark Channel(+1hr)

Syfy and Syfy(+1hr)

Sky 1

Sky 2

Sky 3

you will also have your terrestrial HD channels

If you wish to view any other HD channel within Sky Viewing Package you will have to upgrade to the genre that stores these channels, this is at a cost of £1 per pack more if you require Movies and/or Sports

What it doesn't say though is if the price of the HD package will be going down from £10. I'll try and find out...

Undecided Adrian is offline Sky User Member
      Exchange: Stevenage
      Broadband ISP: BT
      Thanks

they have listed the entertainment mix there but not all those channels have HD mirrors, the +1 don't nor does Sky 2 or 3.

As said before they would be screaming this out if they were going to drop it as a response to Virgin.

So far the only thing I have about prices was the Sky mag today with my pack going up by £1 in September.

So I reckon if the £10 HD charge is going it won't be anytime soon.
      I'm a PC, and Windows 7 Backup saved my sanity when BitDefender imploded !!!

Page 3 of 7 FirstFirst 12345 ... LastLast