Your forum username:
Do you already have an account?
Forgot your password?

Welcome to Sky User - The Unofficial Support Forum for everything Sky! - Proudly helping over 63k members.

Advertisement

Sky HD + Magic Eye

This is a discussion on Sky HD + Magic Eye within the Sky+ HD Supertelly forums, part of the Other Sky help and support category; Hi, I have had Sky HD running in the living room with a TV Link magic eye in the bedroom ...

cleebs is offline Sky User Member
      Exchange:
      Broadband ISP:
      Router:
      Sky TV:
      Thanks

Sky HD + Magic Eye

Hi,

I have had Sky HD running in the living room with a TV Link magic eye in the bedroom working for the last year absolutely fine. I live in a new build flat which has all of the aerial connection built into faceplates in the wall in both rooms.

Last week i needed to complete a system reset as the recording function was playing up (as recommended by Sky's technical help) which i did without any problems.

However, since then the magic eye in the bedroom has stopped working - on the HD box it says that the RF2 output power is on, but the red light on the TV Link magic eye is no longer on (which means the power isnt going through i think?).

I have tried turning off the RF2 power on the engineer settings, saving it, and then turning it back on and saving it, but it doesnt seem to make any difference.

Does anybody have any ideas?

Many Thanks,

2. Advertisement
      simonmpoulton is offline Sky User Member
      Exchange: Chester Central
      Broadband ISP: Sky Fibre Unlimited
      Router: Non Sky Router
      Sky TV: Sky+ HD
      Thanks

Re: Sky HD + Magic Eye

Try plugging the magic eye directly into the RF2 out on the box, then reboot the box and see if the light comes on. Do you have a spare magic eye you can try? If not then obtain one to test if you dont get a light when plugged directly in.
      If you dont get a light with two magic eyes then chances are the RF2 chip inside the box has broken, in which case you can either get SKY to replace the box or (if out of warranty) take it to a professional to get the chip replaced (should cost about 30).
      What make/model is the box?

Pace SKY HD With Seagate Pipeline HD 2TB

mozzy83 is offline Sky User Member
      Exchange:
      Broadband ISP: Sky Max/Unlimited
      Router: Netgear V2 DG934G
      Thanks

also check the co ax cable, i had a similar problem where i had cable runnin thru my sky plus box to my tv upstairs with my magic eye. When i upgraded to sky hd, using the same setup and cable but my magic eye didn't work, i checked whether the power to the rf was on or not. It wasn't so i put it on. But still on joy with the eye. So i plugged the magic eye straigt into my hd box and hey presto it worked and then i found a little co ax cable that i've had for ever and plugged it all in and the magici eye works thru a cable. So now i have to get a tv guy to run a new cable thru my house from my sky box to my tv upstairs . . Again.

Unless any1 can explain any thing else i could try before i fork out some dosh

Exchange:
      Thanks

it's something to do with what power the cable can take.

simonmpoulton is offline Sky User Member
      Exchange: Chester Central
      Broadband ISP: Sky Fibre Unlimited
      Router: Non Sky Router
      Thanks

Make a new thread regarding your issue please mozzy, the OP of this thread hasnt responded which either means:
      he's sorted it himself
      or
      the suggestions helped him sort it and he hasnt come back

Pace SKY HD With Seagate Pipeline HD 2TB

Exchange:
      Thanks

my post wasn't really an issue for myself it was just self contained question but it was mainly a reply not an issue but apologies anyway