Your forum username:
Do you already have an account?
Forgot your password?

Welcome to Sky User - The Unofficial Support Forum for everything Sky! - Proudly helping over 63k members.

Advertisement

Sky+ HD Video Sender

This is a discussion on Sky+ HD Video Sender within the Sky+ HD Supertelly forums, part of the Other Sky help and support category; Hi there folks.. Does anyone here use a video sender with their sky+ HD box? I just got sky+ recently ...

eoinymc is offline Sky User Member
      Exchange:
      Broadband ISP: Other ISP
      Router: Non Sky Router
      Sky TV: Sky Basic
      Thanks

Sky+ HD Video Sender

Hi there folks..

Does anyone here use a video sender with their sky+ HD box?

I just got sky+ recently and am looking for a video sender to watch tv upstairs because I think multiroom is too expensive!

I bought a nikkai video sender and it sends the picture just fine, however; the remote control doesn't work with it?

Does anyone know of any video sender that works with the sky+ remote?

And does the sky+ remote use IR or IRda or something else?

Cheers for any help you can give me...

Eoin

2. Advertisement
      jasonmark38 Guest
      Exchange:
      Broadband ISP:
      Router:
      Sky TV:

Re: Sky+ HD Video Sender

Some Sky boxes do use IRDA, and these are not compatible with the Nikkai video senders, as confirmed elsewhere online.

Search the internet for DigiSender X4 or X7, the DG400 and DG440 models are definitely compatible with IRDA. On fleabay they are £70 - £80, or you can bid. I have also seen them in that popular high street electronics store for £100 (it rhymes with Chaplin).

eoinymc is offline Sky User Member
      Exchange:
      Broadband ISP: Other ISP
      Router: Non Sky Router
      Sky TV: Sky Basic
      Thanks

Thanks Jason...after having a look, I see that the DigiSender is 2.4Ghz...do you know will my wireless network interfere with it?

I've read that all the 2.4Ghz senders can be interfered with by a lot of different things around the house?

Or, do they have something built into it that makes it more powerful and better?!?

Thanks for the help!

jasonmark38 Guest
      Exchange:
      Broadband ISP:
      Router:
      Sky TV:

I understand that in general there is potential for 2.4Ghz to be affected by wireless networks etc. The X7 (DG440) does have 4 channels to choose from though, so at least 1 should be clear?

See the FAQs in the following link: http://www.chaplin.co.uk/Module.aspx?ModuleNo=222153

If there is a "Chaplin" Electronics store near you why not ask them about it? They also have a 14 day/28 day money-back guarantee, ask if the video sender would be eligible for a refund if you get interference from a wireless network etc.

See the following manufacturer link for the X7 (DG440): www.digisender.net - DG440-X7

It says it is double the range of standard video senders, and has stunning picture quality and crystal clear sound with 8Mhz bandwidth transmission.

Page 15 of the manual says "INTERFERENCE: This indicates one or more electrical devices are interfering with the DigiSender®. To ascertain the source of the interference, switch OFF any wireless networking equipment, laptops, 2.4GHz DECT phones, games consoles or bluetooth devices. Try all 4 audio/video channels as one or more may still be available. Visit digisender.net or contact our helpline for information on configuring your equipment to work together."
      Last edited by jasonmark38; 07-04-10 at 07:28 PM. Reason: update

hipaul500 is offline Sky User Member
      Exchange: Llanrumney
      Broadband ISP: Mid
      Router:
      Sky TV:
      Thanks

I recently replaced my old av senders that I bought from Aldi with SLX Compact AV Sender from Asda.

Must say the picture is crystal clear, I did have a bit of interference from my router but just moved the remote cable, yes remote cable to different positions and now it is fine.

It also work very well with the Sky Hd Remote.

All this for £25!!! Bargain!!

Hope that helps

jasonmark38 Guest
      Exchange:
      Broadband ISP:
      Router:
      Sky TV:

There are two types of infra red signal used by Sky HD boxes, IR and IRDA, this depends on the model that you have. The SLX Compact AV Sender is 5.8Ghz like the Nikkai. The OP has tried a Nikkai and it doesn't work, this means that his Sky HD box uses IRDA. I very much doubt that his Sky HD box would work with the SLX, although I suppose it is worth a try. However, I will bet that your Sky HD box uses IR and that it why it works with the SLX.
      Last edited by jasonmark38; 09-04-10 at 05:36 PM. Reason: typo

Router:
      Sky TV:
      Thanks

The SLX is 2.4ghz not 5.8ghz.

Also if you find you get a problem Asda will gladly take it back, happy days.

Just for reference I use one on my Samsung HD box, no probs with this one.

jasonmark38 Guest
      Exchange:
      Broadband ISP:
      Router:
      Sky TV:

SLX make both 2.4Ghz and 5.8Ghz senders, I have seen the 5.8Ghz ones on fleabay. The problem with 2.4Ghz is that it is prone to interference from WiFi, Bluetooth, DECT phones, microwaves etc. If the SLX works with all Sky HD boxes including those with IRDA then it is a bargain. Clearly it works for you, but does the Samsung use IRDA? What is the sound quality like through the sender?

Router:
      Sky TV:
      Thanks

Couldn't tell you what ir it is!! All I know the picture and sound are second to none.