Your forum username:
Do you already have an account?
Forgot your password?

Welcome to Sky User - The Unofficial Support Forum for everything Sky! - Proudly helping over 63k members.

Advertisement

Audio issue with Sky Pace HD box

This is a discussion on Audio issue with Sky Pace HD box within the Sky+ HD Supertelly forums, part of the Other Sky help and support category; I have a Pace HD box and I've been less than pleased with audio performance since the new EPG has ...

Faust is offline Banned
      Exchange:
      Broadband ISP: Connect
      Router: Netgear V2 DG934G
      Sky TV: Sky Basic
      Thanks

Audio issue with Sky Pace HD box

I have a Pace HD box and I've been less than pleased with audio performance since the new EPG has been released. Since release the audio is much lower through the Sky HD box than the audio output from the integrated Freeview tuner in my Panny PX60. When I switch from the Sky box back to the Freeview tuner my ears get a right bashing. Why oh why did Sky remove the audio option from the new EPG - I along with my poor ears are sick and tired of this issue.

2. Advertisement
      Old_nick is offline Sky User Member
      Exchange:
      Broadband ISP: Be Unlimited
      Router: Non Sky Router
      Sky TV: Sky+ HD
      Thanks

Re: Audio issue with Sky Pace HD box

Doesn't the Freeview tuner have a volume control ?

jasonx1 is offline Sky User Member
      Exchange: virginmedia
      Broadband ISP: virginmedia
      Thanks

i have this probelm as well . only does it on living tv and other channels on hd channels its perfect sound . sky said its to do with the sound the tv program was filmed in .. i found will and grace to be the worse for very low sound on hdmi

Faust is offline Banned
      Exchange:
      Thanks

Quote Originally Posted by Old_nick View Post
      Doesn't the Freeview tuner have a volume control ?
      I'm assuming you just mean the normal volume control that any t.v. has when you say does the tuner have a volume control??? Well yes it has just, like every other TV on the planet. However, one tends to forget when switching off the Sky box to watch the superior SD transmission from Freeview that I also need to reduce the volume by around 1/3 when doing so. However one is soon reminded by the pain in the old eardrums

It wouldn't be so bad if I watched Sky all the time but I don't. I may have HD but I rarely watch it as I think it's one of the most overrated products ever. It may be OK for sport or movies but as I don't subscribe to either and I sit around 10 feet from the TV the benefits of HD are very questionable. Lets face it we are all being charged an extra tenner a month to receive in essence the PQ we received and took for granted with our old CRT's. Only Sky could charge you extra to improve your PQ and get away with it eh? Soon as my twelve months is up I'll be a tenner better off again.

Exchange:
      Thanks

Quote Originally Posted by Faust View Post
      I'm assuming you just mean the normal volume control that any t.v. has when you say does the tuner have a volume control??? Well yes it has just, like every other TV on the planet.

No, I meant "does the Freeview box have a software volume control ?".

The SkyHD box did have a volume control which allowed some increase in volume, which has now been removed. I was asking if your Freeview tuner had a software volume control on it, because you could also argue that your Freeview had too high an output. In any case, your attitude on the whole issue is really anti-Sky, so it's little wonder that so few are bothering to reply at all.

Faust is offline Banned
      Exchange:
      Thanks

Quote Originally Posted by Old_nick View Post
      No, I meant "does the Freeview box have a software volume control ?".

The SkyHD box did have a volume control which allowed some increase in volume, which has now been removed. I was asking if your Freeview tuner had a software volume control on it, because you could also argue that your Freeview had too high an output. In any case, your attitude on the whole issue is really anti-Sky, so it's little wonder that so few are bothering to reply at all.
      What an odd reply! Firstly you ask if my Freeview "box" has a volume control -
      integrated Freeview tuner in my Panny PX60
      the operative word there being "integrated". Then you accuse me of being anti-Sky. If I was anti-Sky I wouldn't have "Sky" would I? What I object to is poorly implemented software i.e. the new EPG. Sky have removed useful features and the new EPG is not as user friendly as the one it replaced - surely I am entitled to have an opinion or perhaps you beg to differ Mr Murdoch?

I also don't rate Sky HD - again at the risk of repeating myself, I don't subscribe to Sports or Movies so my source material for HD is somewhat limited. However, from the material I have watched I'm not overly impressed. The reasons for this are many and varied e.g. watching distance from panel, great SD picture therefore not a great step up between the two mediums, type of panel. Plasma does a very good job with SD, much better than LCD, it hides many of SD imperfections much better than LCD as it produces a softer picture, not unlike CRT in that respect. My Panny is not a 1080 panel. LCD gives better results with HD. Again do you say I'm not allowed that view?

I only got HD as my Pace PVR2 was getting near the end of its shelf life so took advantage of the 49 offer plus 3 months free subs. Not bad for a new box with plenty capacity which I can use as a Sky+ box at the end of twelve months.
      Last edited by Faust; 15-08-09 at 06:24 PM.

Exchange:
      Thanks

Well, I'm not a TV dealer, so I had to look up what a "Panny PX60" was. I'd guess that the reason you're not impressed is because it's not a 1080 screen, and to display 1080 vertical resolution properly requires 1080 pixels.