Your forum username:
Do you already have an account?
Forgot your password?

Welcome to Sky User - The Unofficial Support Forum for everything Sky! - Proudly helping over 65k members.

Advertisement

Sound cutting out on HD box?

This is a discussion on Sound cutting out on HD box? within the Sky+ HD Supertelly forums, part of the Other Sky help and support category; Hi, I'm having a bit of a problem with my Sky+HD box. When I'm watching either live TV or recordings ...

faulknerm is offline Sky User Member
      Exchange: Howden
      Broadband ISP: Tiscali
      Router: Non Sky Router
      Sky TV: Sky+ HD
      Thanks

Sound cutting out on HD box?

Hi,

I'm having a bit of a problem with my Sky+HD box. When I'm watching either live TV or recordings through the box, the sound keeps dropping out. It only goes for about 2-3 seconds and then comes back but it's getting highly annoying.

It doesn't do it constantly, last night I was watching a 30 minute program and it happened 4 times, today I've had the same channel on for over 3 hours without a single drop out. I've noticed it on at least 4 channels.

I have a Samsung HD box connected to my TV via HDMI, and have tried changing leads and HDMI sockets on the TV to no avail. I also have a Sky+ box upstairs and have no problem with this at all.

Any idea's would be greatly appreciated, before I throw it out of the window!!

Cheers,

Marc

2. Advertisement
      Sam Radford is offline Sky User Member
      Exchange: 01439
      Broadband ISP: Not on Sky
      Router:
      Sky TV:
      Thanks

Re: Sound cutting out on HD box?

Something like a DECT phone or router in the house causing occasional interference? Cables all properly screened? No unscreened wall plates? Digibox too close to TV or other equipment?