Your forum username:
Do you already have an account?
Forgot your password?

Welcome to Sky User - The Unofficial Support Forum for everything Sky! - Proudly helping over 65k members.

Advertisement

Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast

sky customer services is rubbish

This is a discussion on sky customer services is rubbish within the Sky+ HD Supertelly forums, part of the Other Sky help and support category; Why should it take 72 hours to call someone back ,either they dont Have enough staff or they are swamped ...

mickr is offline Sky User Member
      Exchange: Verwood
      Broadband ISP: Sky Unlimited
      Router: Sky Hub SR101
      Sky TV: Sky+
      Thanks

Re: sky customer services is rubbish

Why should it take 72 hours to call someone back ,either they dont Have enough staff or they are swamped with complaints. I sent a recorded delivery letter and it took them over 10 days to answer it and that didnt arrive until I had sent a second letter.As stated customer care is very poor.All they are interested in is signing people up

Mickr

2. Advertisement
      stevie is offline Sky User Member
      Exchange:
      Broadband ISP: Mid
      Router:
      Sky TV:
      Thanks

Finally got a reply to my email after a week. Never even answered my question, its true they don't give a monkeys about loyal customers grrr

NewsreadeR is offline Site Founder
      Exchange: Marshalls Cross
      Broadband ISP: Sky Broadband Unlimited
      Router: Sagem F@ST 2504n
      Sky TV: Sky+HD box
      Thanks
      Blog Entries

When I had a complaint it took two weeks, and I had practically given up any chance of a reply. But once sorted, it was certainly resolved to a very high level of satisfaction. Sky are perhaps a little inundated with complaints, some are probably valid, some maybe not so valid, but with so many customers, I would expect a delay of least some degree.

If you think Sky are bad, try speaking to BT - and also try to speak to someone at BT that gives an ounce of desire or resolve to your problem, that they themselves created. Unless you strike lucky and actually get to speak to someone with a degree of compassion, you are pretty much stuffed.

Sky do suffer from slow responses and this is where people do get frustrated. However, if people had seen or even read the original post, (this is the second draft) then if I had of been a CS agent, and had been spoken to in that tone, I would have just put the phone down anyway.

People in CS are just doing their best, with the tools or resources made available to them by Sky. Sometimes one agent is better than the other, but there is absolutely no excuse for those people to be subjected to the level of abuse that was originally shown. Even the second posting on here, was offensive to a degree, and had to be edited.

~ Never, ever, argue with an idiot. They'll drag you down to their level and beat you with experience ~

Follow us on Twitter @skyuser

chili is offline Sky User Member
      Exchange: 01227
      Broadband ISP: max
      Router: D-Link DSL-2640S
      Sky TV: Sky+HD box
      Thanks

Quote Originally Posted by NewsreadeR View Post
      When I had a complaint it took two weeks, and I had practically given up any chance of a reply. But once sorted, it was certainly resolved to a very high level of satisfaction. Sky are perhaps a little inundated with complaints, some are probably valid, some maybe not so valid, but with so many customers, I would expect a delay of least some degree.

If you think Sky are bad, try speaking to BT - and also try to speak to someone at BT that gives an ounce of desire or resolve to your problem, that they themselves created. Unless you strike lucky and actually get to speak to someone with a degree of compassion, you are pretty much stuffed.

Sky do suffer from slow responses and this is where people do get frustrated. However, if people had seen or even read the original post, (this is the second draft) then if I had of been a CS agent, and had been spoken to in that tone, I would have just put the phone down anyway.

People in CS are just doing their best, with the tools or resources made available to them by Sky. Sometimes one agent is better than the other, but there is absolutely no excuse for those people to be subjected to the level of abuse that was originally shown. Even the second posting on here, was offensive to a degree, and had to be edited.
      you really need to get off your high horse fella....what i write here and how i talk to people on the telephone is 2 entirely seperate issues. for your information i was polite and curtious on the phone to sky. However i choose to describe my experience on here by describing how i thought they had handled the whole case, and i choose to comapre them to a muppet.as for making out the original post was bad, MMMM was it bad at all i used the word r sole once and used the term muppet once. Obviously you have never said a wrong word in your sheltered life
      if you really want to make this personal then please go for it................

no doubt you will edit this to suit your own cencorship critera, however i have cut and kept it

dholdi is offline Sky User Beta tester
      Exchange: LCRIB
      Broadband ISP: Sky Fibre Unlimited Pro
      Sky TV: Sky+ HD
      Thanks

Quote Originally Posted by chili View Post
      you really need to get off your high horse fella....
      This seems to be your catchphrase, one which you obviously dont understand, just because somebody else has a differing opinion / experience to you doesnt put them on a high horse.

However i choose to describe my experience on here by describing how i thought they had handled the whole case, and i choose to comapre them to a muppet.as for making out the original post was bad, MMMM was it bad at all i used the word r sole once and used the term muppet once. Obviously you have never said a wrong word in your sheltered life

no doubt you will edit this to suit your own cencorship critera, however i have cut and kept it
      Yes, I am sure we have all used worse language, however when you joined this forum you agreed to abide by its rules as did we. If you dont like them, cant abide with them, then ........

GSMGuy is offline Sky User Member
      Exchange: Marshalls Cross
      Broadband ISP: Sky Max
      Router: Sagem F@ST 2504n
      Sky TV: HD+ Multiroom
      Thanks

I really just have to ask - WHY????

Mike

dholdi is offline Sky User Beta tester
      Exchange: LCRIB
      Broadband ISP: Sky Fibre Unlimited Pro
      Thanks

Quote Originally Posted by GSMGuy View Post
      I really just have to ask - WHY????

Mike
      I guess you mean why he's kept it, the same thought occured to me. As the rules of the site arnt open for debate. if it gets changed then they have been broken.

Thanks

I personally dont think that calling somebody a muppet is that bad. A lot of skys customer care problems are of there own making.They promise they will do this and that but then dont. Its not till you manage to contact someone higher up that problems get resolved. Because BT give a poor service it does not give sky the right to also provide a bad service.They should pay more attention to the customers they have, instead of which they are only interested in signing up new customers

Mickr

Smithy99 is offline Sky User Member
      Exchange: Irby
      Broadband ISP: Max
      Router: Netgear V1 DG834GT
      Thanks

Well, anyone ringing me and calling me a muppet will get no service at all.

As for giving new subscribers preferential treatment, this is the norm in most industries, look at car insurance, ring as a new customer, you get a better rate than just renewing.

Thanks

I dont think he called the customer care person a muppet when he called if you read the thread correctly. Also it might be norm to give new customers preferential treatment but that does not make it right

Mickr

Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast