Your forum username:
Do you already have an account?
Forgot your password?

Welcome to Sky User - The Unofficial Support Forum for everything Sky! - Proudly helping over 65k members.

Advertisement

What is the latest Sky+HD software? And how do you activate Viewing Card?

This is a discussion on What is the latest Sky+HD software? And how do you activate Viewing Card? within the Sky+ HD Supertelly forums, part of the Other Sky help and support category; Hello I ordered Sky+HD nearly 3 weeks ago and I still haven't received my viewing card which is bloody annoying ...

Parappa is offline Sky User Member
      Exchange:
      Broadband ISP: Max
      Router:
      Sky TV:
      Thanks

What is the latest Sky+HD software? And how do you activate Viewing Card?

Hello

I ordered Sky+HD nearly 3 weeks ago and I still haven't received my viewing card which is bloody annoying _ don't worry, I ordered a new one, but still that shouldn't even happen and that rly scared me...

anyways I was just thinking when I do get it, I will have to activate it, and i was wondering how do I do that? =/

Additionally, when the engineer was round my house installing it, i saw a yellow sticker on my Sky+HD box saying to do some over air software update but he peeled it straight off and didnt do anything like that which kinda scared me. the latest software I got for my Amstrad HD box is 1.32A0I. Should I update the firmware?

Thanks for all your help! Sky is great but can be annoying if you dont get your viewing card on time

2. Advertisement
      Smithy99 is offline Sky User Member
      Exchange: Irby
      Router: Netgear V1 DG834GT
      Sky TV: Sky+ HD
      Thanks

Re: What is the latest Sky+HD software? And how do you activate Viewing Card?

When you get the card you will need to put it in the receiver and ring Sky, they will then pair the card to your receiver and turn on the Sky+ features etc.

I would do the software update when you have done the above, it;s really easy and he may not have been able to do it without a working viewing card.

It's simple to do, unplug it, hold down the backup button on the receiver, not the remote. plug back in and follow the instructions on screen, this can take a few minutes.

Isitme is offline Sky User Moderator
      Exchange: Bannockburn
      Broadband ISP: Sky Fibre Unlimited
      Router: Sky Hub SR102
      Thanks
      Thanked 1,655 Times in 1,616 Posts

Did you have an existing card? Unless you are getting multi room Sky don't usually give you an extra card for HD. The installer will usually pair your existing card with the new box, in fact if he has not done that, you can't be sure it is working properly. If it was a completely new installation you should have received the card well in advance of the box being fitted.

TomD

Please note the views and recommendations in my posts are my own and in no way reflect the views of SkyUser.

Useful Utilites

http://www.nirsoft.net/utils/wifi_information_view.html/ TCPOptimiser /Test Socket

Note - When downloading always select the Custom install or you will end up with stuff you don't want.

Exchange:
      Router:
      Sky TV:
      Thanks

Quote Originally Posted by Isitme View Post
      Did you have an existing card? Unless you are getting multi room Sky don't usually give you an extra card for HD. The installer will usually pair your existing card with the new box, in fact if he has not done that, you can't be sure it is working properly. If it was a completely new installation you should have received the card well in advance of the box being fitted.
      Nope, it was completely a new installation =/

I'm actually scared that I dont have an account by Sky, even though I did sign up online and everything seems to be fine.

But still, my new card should be hopefully coming either today or tomorrow

Isitme is offline Sky User Moderator
      Exchange: Bannockburn
      Broadband ISP: Sky Fibre Unlimited
      Router: Sky Hub SR102
      Thanks
      Thanked 1,655 Times in 1,616 Posts

Phone them up about it. It is possible your card has been overlooked.

TomD

Please note the views and recommendations in my posts are my own and in no way reflect the views of SkyUser.

Useful Utilites

http://www.nirsoft.net/utils/wifi_information_view.html/ TCPOptimiser /Test Socket

Note - When downloading always select the Custom install or you will end up with stuff you don't want.

Exchange:
      Router:
      Sky TV:
      Thanks

Yep, it appears that i have been "overlooked" but I got my card today and i activated it

everything looks sweet in HD!

thanks