Your forum username:
Do you already have an account?
Forgot your password?

Welcome to Sky User - The Unofficial Support Forum for everything Sky! - Proudly helping over 65k members.

Advertisement

Query on HD Mix Contract

This is a discussion on Query on HD Mix Contract within the Sky+ HD Supertelly forums, part of the Other Sky help and support category; Hi all I have searched the SKY T&Cs but am still not clear what the effect would be of cancelling ...

Godzilla is offline Sky User Member
      Exchange: Basingstoke (THBZ)
      Broadband ISP: O2 Standard
      Router: Netgear V1 DG834GT
      Sky TV: Humax FreesatHD
      Thanks

Query on HD Mix Contract

Hi all

I have searched the SKY T&Cs but am still not clear what the effect would be of cancelling the HD+ Mix after the initial 12 month contract is up. In particular:

1) Do I get to keep the Sky+HD box?
      2) Do I still get full Sky+ features without additional subs?
      3) Are there any other factors that might be affected?

My reason for asking is that having had HD now for several weeks, I am finding we hardly ever watch it. We don't have any of the premium mixes and most of the content on the other available HD channels where HD really makes a difference (Geographic, History, Luxe) is not our cup of tea. Quality of normal (SD) programmes on our equipment is more than adequate for drama, news, etc.

If I had realised all this before upgrading to HD, I would have gone for just SKY+ upgrade, which is definitely worth having.

Any input gratefully received.

Thanks

2. Advertisement
      Brian69 is offline Sky User Member
      Exchange: Kings Lynn
      Broadband ISP: Sky Unlimited
      Router: Non Sky Router
      Sky TV: Sky+ HD
      Thanks

Re: Query on HD Mix Contract

Sky T&C's

Sky HD Satellite Equipment.

3. Ownership of the equipment

3.1 "On installation, the Sky HD Equipment becomes your property"

This includes the dish and any cable, it becomes yours from the moment it is installed, not after twelve months or any other period.

If, after the min period of the contract you wish to cancel the HD sub, you can and so long as you continue to pay for the "+" functions or subscribe to the right package to get the "+" functions for free, it will still work.

Godzilla is offline Sky User Member
      Exchange: Basingstoke (THBZ)
      Broadband ISP: O2 Standard
      Router: Netgear V1 DG834GT
      Sky TV: Humax FreesatHD
      Thanks

Re: Query on HD Mix Contract

Thanks for the clarification Brian69 - I feel happier now. I thought it was the case that the box became mine at some point, but couldn't be sure if it would continue to be enabled if I cancelled the HD bit.

I think I read that the Sky+ functions are free as long as you have any subscription to a SKY TV mix. As I have the Family Mix I should be OK. I think it is only if you cancel all subs that the + functions don't work, even though the box might be able to receive the FTA channels.

Who knows, maybe in the next 12 months the HD will become worth 10 to me (or even become free as some of the rumours elsewhere on the forum are optimistically hoping).

Cheers