Your forum username:
Do you already have an account?
Forgot your password?

Welcome to Sky User - The Unofficial Support Forum for everything Sky! - Proudly helping over 63k members.

Advertisement

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

"Clashed" and "Failed" recordings

This is a discussion on "Clashed" and "Failed" recordings within the Sky+ HD Supertelly forums, part of the Other Sky help and support category; Hey, first post and yes I'm one of those folks who has signed up because he has a problem. I'm ...

wyndorf is offline Sky User Member
      Exchange:
      Broadband ISP: Not on Sky
      Router: Non Sky Router
      Sky TV:
      Thanks

"Clashed" and "Failed" recordings

Hey, first post and yes I'm one of those folks who has signed up because he has a problem. I'm sure you get a dozen a day - rest assured I'm the best of todays bunch

Righty, I'll start from the begining.....

Begining of March, my regular Sky+ box broke down. After a few attemps at reseting the box, it finally gave up completely. This was actually when I discovered this forum - and from reading other posts - settled on my HDD being knackered.

I decided to make the jump to Sky HD and within a few days I had it fitted and all was well......or so I thought. Trouble began about a week after it was installed. The picture began freezing - yet the sound continued to come through as normal (this was happening on ALL channals). The same thing would happen to recorded programmes I was watching. I knew they had recorded - because I could watch them right up until they frooze. I then had to turn the mains off, wait a few minutes, boot it up again and I could continue watching. I called Sky and after a bit of badgering they sent out an engineer who replaced the box.

This was to the latter end of March and I have had no problems since. Obviously - until now.

I ordered the wrestling on Box Office HD and put it on to record like I have done a thousand times before. I come down to watch it in the morning and I get the dreaded "Failed" notification. I have over the years experienced this before (very rarely, mind) and after reading on other forums that the actual feed of the event from America was dreadful and became unwatchable towards the end of the event - I figured that must of been the problem. (interesting note; as far as I can tell WWE PPV's are shown only once in HD)

OK, so I put WWE RAW on record, Monday, before I went to bed. I come down in the morning to watch it and for the first time ever I see a "Clashed" notification. Now, I knew It couldn't of really clashed because it was the only thing I was recording. Annoyed, I conduct a small experiment. I go to the planner and put what ever's on at roughly the same time as RAW was the night before - on the same channal. I think it was motorcross and it was on SkySportsHD3. I have a look in the morning and it says "Clashed" again.

Hmmm....so, I figure I'll record something on SkyOneHD and something on a normal channal. I did just this, went out for a bit and when I returned I just get the no signal on this channal - on all channals. I'm hoping this was just a coincidence. If you're still following me - thank you....

I do the ol' Services401Select thing and reset my box, having now got pictures again I put Deal or No Deal? on record. It worked. Gonna try something on SSHD3 at about 1 - 2am again tonight.

Righty, anyone heard of/experienced these problems?

Sorry for the length and thanks for taking the time to read it

2. Advertisement
      Undecided Adrian is offline Sky User Member
      Exchange: Stevenage
      Broadband ISP: BT
      Sky TV: Sky+ HD
      Thanks

Re: "Clashed" and "Failed" recordings

I had the same thing happen a couple of weeks back, I just turned off the box and then turned the power off then back on to reboot the system, and mine started working again.

If yours keeps on doing this phone Sky up and get an engineer out.
      I'm a PC, and Windows 7 Backup saved my sanity when BitDefender imploded !!!

ali-pali is offline Sky User Member
      Exchange: 01444
      Broadband ISP: Other ISP
      Sky TV: Sky Basic
      Thanks

Question Re: "Clashed" and "Failed" recordings

i have the same problem, appart from the fact sky1,2 and 3 wont record,they apparently 'clash', same with the discovery channels, channel 4/5 channels, apparently the only thing that can completely record is bbc, and thts if you watch it to.

Also i was recording a program on sky2 earlier, the time was 5.28 the program was scheduled to record 5, but when i went onto my planner, it didn't appear that it was recording, and then when the program was suppost to have finished, at 6, guess what, it appeared as failed.

Anyone got any ideas?????
      Thanks

Kenedin is offline Sky User Member
      Exchange: 0131
      Broadband ISP: Sky Broadband Unlimited
      Router: Sagem F@ST 2504
      Sky TV: Sky+HD Thomson
      Thanks

Quote Originally Posted by ali-pali View Post
      i have the same problem, appart from the fact sky1,2 and 3 wont record,they apparently 'clash', same with the discovery channels, channel 4/5 channels, apparently the only thing that can completely record is bbc, and thts if you watch it to.

Also i was recording a program on sky2 earlier, the time was 5.28 the program was scheduled to record 5, but when i went onto my planner, it didn't appear that it was recording, and then when the program was suppost to have finished, at 6, guess what, it appeared as failed.

Anyone got any ideas?????
      Thanks
      Are you getting good Signal Strengths on both dish inputs? Seems to me you have a problem there. ( Services>4>6 ).
      Panasonic TX-P50G10B, Onkyo HTS 3305, Sky+HD Thomson 4E3007 (with upgraded PSU & WD5000AVDS HDD),

Brokenwing is offline Sky User Member
      Exchange: Ashford (LWALSH)
      Broadband ISP: Sky Mid
      Thanks

The problems i've had are 'Failed - Powercut' 'Clashed' and there's between them about 14 in the past 20 days.

Sky said it can be due to Signal 2 maybe not locking etc, as I was wondering how exactly a dish problem causes a power failure or clash.

Also apparently Sky Anytime won't be affected by above as it'll download whenever the signal is ok, so the last sky agent told me anyway.

Undecided Adrian is offline Sky User Member
      Exchange: Stevenage
      Thanks

FAILED-powercut is more indicative of a faulty power supply rather than a loss of signal lock.

Anyways keep the FAILED recordings in the planner and get an engineer out, he will most likely take one look at those and just swap boxes, also he will check input strengh.
      I'm a PC, and Windows 7 Backup saved my sanity when BitDefender imploded !!!

pembroke7 is offline Sky User Member
      Exchange:
      Sky TV:
      Thanks

My signal strength on input 2 used to fluctuate tremendously and going "not locked". Swapped my Thomson HD unit with my old Pace Sky+ for two days and not a problem with signal strength or quality, infact the Pace unit was better on both (this was while Thomson PSU was being rebuilt). Now got Thomson box back it's running as new!!
      I wouldn't catagorically state "get your PSU replaced/fixed", as it might not be the cause but it's sorted all the problems with my Thomson unit.

Thanks

Pembroke, you are now smiling like the cat who got the milk!!!!
      Panasonic TX-P50G10B, Onkyo HTS 3305, Sky+HD Thomson 4E3007 (with upgraded PSU & WD5000AVDS HDD),

weaselchops is offline Sky User Member
      Exchange:
      Broadband ISP: Max
      Sky TV:
      Thanks

Been having a few clashed or failed recordings this week myself!

Just by chance I happened to be watching Voyager on Virgin +1 that I had set to record on series link. I watched about 5 minutes of it then went back to the planner and saw that even though it was set to record at 9pm today it hadn't started!

So I went back to "live" tv, the icon clearly said that this was being recorded. I watched it to the end, waited until 10:01pm and then checked the planner it said "FAILED" reason: "No signal"

Quality!

Thanks

A lot of boxes are being updated at the moment. This may have interfered with your recording. Don't worry, unless it's a regular occurence.

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast